PAP approach to economy does not benefit S'poreans...here's why

(08-04-2024, 10:36 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: hacw1Mg.jpeg]
Recent data released showed that most jobs created goes to foreigners. There is nothing to dispute here since the numbers came from the govt. PAP govt explained that Singaporeans are fully employed so jobs goes to foreigners. The remaining jobs are split between Singaporeans and PRs.

Anyone with some basic economics knowledge will know what the minister said makes no logical sense.The PAP is creating jobs to be filled by foreigners to keep the GDP growing rather than through productivity improvements. 

Growing the economy beyond its inherent capacity constrained by the size its resources such as manpower, land and capital is many negative effects for Singaporeans..

We have already seen signs of this. High cost of living. High inequality. Low birth rates resulting from financial stress and overcrowding everywhere.

I really feel sorry for the elderly who are retired or near retire whose income flow is limited hurt by the severity of inflation we see in recent years. The buying power of their savings eroded by the relentless increase in cost of living that makes Singapore the 2nd most expensive city in the world. S'porean tourists are seen in Tokyo saying things there are cheap. It looks cheap only because Singapore is so crazy expensive.

The PAP elites like to blame ordinary Singaporeans for their plight claiming they don't work hard enough in our meritocratic society. But what they have done benefits the rich those with multiple properties saw their propriety prices rising to new heights less that 3% of Singaooreans are in the monied class who made this type of money without doing work...how meritocratic is that?. What they have done is unfairly penalising ordinary citizens.

Today our hospitals are overcrowded as they have underprovsioned for the rising population  to the point even doctors complain they are overworked. The waiting time at policies hospitals is more than 10 times longer than in Malaysia where typical A&E patient is treated immediately and waiting times for polyclinic dental services is in the order of months for a  treatment. 

All aspects of our lives have been eroded. From the experience of high stress, sardine packed trains and buses to the low fertility rate. Families with new borns not being able to get a car and subjected to exorbitant costs of getting taxis to get around. This is not the good life they often say we have. The reality is a statk contrast to the PAP advertisements.

Every week we hear of horrible news ofinvreasing number  elderly dying alone in their apartments with no caregivers theh are not found until the neighbor complain of smell.  It js heart breaking and it tells us what is neglected.

The approach to  just focus on aggregate GDP to the exclusion of other qualities is the wrong approach by a govt. It harms us as a society and core Singaporeans born in this country will eventually be driven down in our own country by these policies.

How do u know the waiting time at public hospitals is more than 10 times longer than in Malaysia? Based on your guess?

(08-04-2024, 10:36 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: hacw1Mg.jpeg]

I thought this was clarified in Parliament already?

Those were mostly jobs we don't want to do.  After Covid and the borders reopened, and construction works resumed, a lot of foreigners came back to work. You want those jobs?

If you are thinking about jobs sitting in an aircon office, get real.  2024 will see more retrenchment, not job creation.  Those of you who have a job now, you'd better don't quit just because you need to work long hours.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love
Information 

(09-04-2024, 06:48 AM)winbig Wrote:  How do u know the waiting time at public hospitals is more than 10 times longer than in Malaysia? Based on your guess?

Tello fake news.  What else?  The 39% excel in spreading disinformation.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/mal...ty-3282636

HOSPITALS STRETCHED THIN, LONG WAITING TIMES

Last month, a Twitter account of a group championing the rights of contract doctors that goes by the handle @HKontrak shared a photo of a packed emergency department at Hospital Kuala Lumpur.

The post claimed that patients had to wait for more than 24 hours before being admitted to the hospital. It added that there were also about 100 patients waiting to be seen at the emergency department.

The Star also reported that some emergency departments in other parts of the country were facing overcapacity, with patients having to wait for at least two days to get a hospital bed.
It reported that in a government hospital in Sabah, the wait time could go up to two days or even beyond four to five days.

(08-04-2024, 11:22 PM)forum456 Wrote:  if it is true, why 60% voters still vote for PAP ?

WHY ?

Maybe ah butt is one of the 60% Laughing

(09-04-2024, 06:10 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  We do not have minimum wages rule our salary cannot catch up with the inflation pace

Jamus did not seem to know about Progressive Wage (PWM) and Workfare (WIS).  Maybe he was working overseas for too long.

He raised Minimum Wage (MW) in Parliament and after he was told about Progressive Wage, I am sure he went back to read it up, because after that, he became very quiet.

Do read up about PWM in the MOM website.  You will love it and appreciate what the government is doing for low income earners.  Be fair.  Give credit when it is due.  PWM along with WIS help workers a lot in a different way.

Minimum wage places the labour cost burden on companies.  It also benefits foreigners and Jamus was fighting for MW.  Die die the company must pay S$ X,000 by law to all workers including foreigners.

PWM and WIS places the burden on the rich whose taxes paid are used by the government to support the lower income SINGAPOREANS. You can say it's Robin Hooding, but it saves companies, it saves jobs.  And only Singaporeans qualify for PWM and WIS.

(08-04-2024, 10:06 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  It cannot be due to the CECAs excellent command of the English language. LOL!

[Image: India.jpg]

半斤八两

[Image: 504451129-fcdf93cbc6-b.jpg]

(09-04-2024, 07:12 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Jamus did not seem to know about Progressive Wage (PWM) and Workfare (WIS).  Maybe he was working overseas for too long.

He raised Minimum Wage (MW) in Parliament and after he was told about Progressive Wage, I am sure he went back to read it up, because after that, he became very quiet.

Do read up about PWM in the MOM website.  You will love it and appreciate what the government is doing for low income earners.  Be fair.  Give credit when it is due.  PWM along with WIS help workers a lot in a different way.

Minimum wage places the labour cost burden on companies.  It also benefits foreigners and Jamus was fighting for MW.  Die die the company must pay S$ X,000 by law to all workers including foreigners.

PWM and WIS places the burden on the rich whose taxes paid are used by the government to support the lower income SINGAPOREANS. You can say it's Robin Hooding, but it saves companies, it saves jobs.  And only Singaporeans qualify for PWM and WIS.

1.2 million Malaysians working here will want MW.  Plus other nationalities as well, they also want it.  You will hear them screaming MW in online social media.

MW benefits them.  

Our current models, PWM and WIS, benefits ONLY Singaporeans.  Foreigners don't get it.

Does Jamus know what he was fighting for?  Who was he fighting for?

It's the same withy GST.  If you go to a forum like edmw, you will see lots of protests about GST.  But we know that a lot of jhks are there.  They are living and working in Singapore, and after work, they go back to their rented room or apartment, have nothing to do and surf edmw.

Singaporeans get GST rebates, they don't.  That is why they are protesting the GST hike.  Don't be fooled.

GST will be used to fund the healthcare costs of our seniors. Tell that to a jhk and he will tell our seniors to go and get fug.

(08-04-2024, 10:02 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This is not an election campaign ...it is the cold hard  truth about singaporeans struggling to cope with what the PAP has decided to do..

After a couple of years working in MacD as a crewboy after your NS, you stopped working.  From the age of 23 till nao, and you are 40 years old nao, you did not work.

You lived on your mother's savings while trying to do one business here and there.  I was told you also gave private tuition to primary school chewren, is that true?  You did not have to worry about a roof over your head because you are still sleeping in the same bedroom that you had been sleeping since you were born.  Maybe the dilam is new.

Do you seriously think you have earned the right to post the above?  Rolleyes

(09-04-2024, 07:37 AM)Oyk Wrote:  After a couple of years working in MacD as a crewboy after your NS, you stopped working.  From the age of 23 till nao, and you are 40 years old nao, you did not work.

You lived on your mother's savings while trying to do one business here and there.  I was told you also gave private tuition to primary school chewren, is that true?  You did not have to worry about a roof over your head because you are still sleeping in the same bedroom that you had been sleeping since you were born.  Maybe the dilam is new.

Do you seriously think you have earned the right to post the above?  Rolleyes

Everyone has the right to speak up and express their opinions. What said is either true or untrue. ..

If you want go through my life story to attack my right to speak you should do so for everyone including yourself ...but there is no end to this type of thing as nobody will agree on someone else having the right to speak an opinion opposing theirs.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

VTO is the only choice!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

(09-04-2024, 08:15 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Everyone has the right to speak up and express their opinions. What said is either true or untrue. ..

If you want go through my life story to attack my right to speak you should do so for everyone including yourself ...but there is no end to this type of thing as nobody will agree on someone else having the right to speak an opinion opposing theirs.

I certainly earned the right to speak about employment issues, having competed with both locals and foreigners for various coveted jobs.   Rolleyes

And listen up. Don't think too highly of your two years working at MacD.  I did not work there but I worked in KFC OK?  Don't think I lose to you OK?   Nerd

(09-04-2024, 08:21 AM)Fit Wrote:  VTO is the only choice!

Seriously, you want Pritam to be your PM?

(09-04-2024, 07:03 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Tello fake news.  What else?  The 39% excel in spreading disinformation.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/mal...ty-3282636

HOSPITALS STRETCHED THIN, LONG WAITING TIMES

Last month, a Twitter account of a group championing the rights of contract doctors that goes by the handle @HKontrak shared a photo of a packed emergency department at Hospital Kuala Lumpur.

The post claimed that patients had to wait for more than 24 hours before being admitted to the hospital. It added that there were also about 100 patients waiting to be seen at the emergency department.

The Star also reported that some emergency departments in other parts of the country were facing overcapacity, with patients having to wait for at least two days to get a hospital bed.
It reported that in a government hospital in Sabah, the wait time could go up to two days or even beyond four to five days.

Above article is talking about long waits for hospital beds which is also true in Singaapore. Below are the wait tines for emergencies

[Image: 2H8dpPj.jpeg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(08-04-2024, 11:01 AM)KILLjoy Wrote:  my fellow singaporeans,
ask not what your country can do for you,
ask what you can do for your country.

why did you vote for those who paid themselves millions 
& living comfortably whereas you gotta face competition 
not just among singaporeans (which is normal) but foreigners too.

Facing competition should never displace a local and worse, it is not fair competition when many are the jobs we can do. This Govt we have is only giving FTs an Upper Hand with unconditional entry.

Earlier I wrote that the PAP approach to the economy is wrong and harms Singaporeans.

The path they put Singapore on is not just of diminishing returns but negative returns.

If the country is progressing well why are elderly forced to work longer to afford retirement...don't you think that shows things are getting worse each year...

[Image: RpaHAs4.jpeg]

(09-04-2024, 08:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Above article is talking about long waits for hospital beds which is also true in Singaapore. Below are the wait tines for emergencies

Try not to post anything with big fonts.  That's shouting.

If you know what I do for a living, you will not argue with me.

(09-04-2024, 09:00 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Earlier I wrote that the PAP approach to the economy is wrong and harms Singaporeans.

The path they put Singapore on is not just of diminishing returns but negative returns.

If the country is progressing well why are elderly forced to work longer to afford retirement...don't you think that shows things are getting worse each year...

Singaporean work longer because they live longer.  If we die at 55, nobody will work at 60.

Singaporeans don't work longer to afford retirement just because that caption there says so.  Remember, you retired at 23.   Laughing

(09-04-2024, 09:00 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Earlier I wrote that the PAP approach to the economy is wrong and harms Singaporeans.

Singaporean work longer because they live longer.  If we die at 55, nobody will work at 60.

Singaporeans don't work longer to afford retirement just because that caption there says so.  Remember, you retired at 23.   Laughing

(09-04-2024, 09:35 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Singaporean work longer because they live longer.  If we die at 55, nobody will work at 60.

Singaporeans are encouraged  to delay their CPF Life to 70 to motivate them to work longer.

While people live longer today the main caused of delayed retirement is being not being able to retire without adequate funds to do so as high cost of living means people are less able to save for retirement .....
[Image: azpvk92.jpeg]

(09-04-2024, 11:11 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Singaporeans are encouraged  to delay their CPF Life to 70 to motivate them to work longer.

While people live longer today the main caused of delayed retirement is being not being able to retire without adequate funds to do so as high cost of living means people are less able to save for retirement .....

The root cause is the voters and not PAP.

If PAP is no good, why 60% voters keep voting for PAP ?

you cannot change PAP, you have to change the voters.

WHY ?

In this same line, I can hardly convince myself to vote for this Govt.  Where can I continue to have a job till 60 or 70 years old to apply and sustain  a maid for my parents??

In this same line, I can hardly convince myself to vote for this Govt.  Where can I continue to have a job till 60 or 70 years old to apply and sustain  a maid for my parents??