Moderna vaccine may be superior to Pfizer vaccine against Covid-19 Delta variant

PUBLISHED 3 HOURS AGO

NEW YORK (REUTERS) - The mRNA vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech may be less effective than Moderna's against the Delta variant of the coronavirus, according to two reports posted on medRxiv on Sunday (Aug 8) ahead of peer review.

In a study of more than 50,000 patients in the Mayo Clinic Health System, researchers found the effectiveness of Moderna's vaccine against infection had dropped to 76 per cent last month - when the Delta variant was predominant - from 86 per cent early this year.

Over the same period, the effectiveness of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine had fallen to 42 per cent from 76 per cent, researchers said.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/unite...inst-delta

but its side effect is terrible, many can’t take it

Moderna is longer up to 6 months. More vaccine concentration.

(10-08-2021, 05:07 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  but its side effect is terrible, many can’t take it

My maid took moderna and she told me she dun feel any side effect.

if effectiveness can drop overtime so fast, it doesn't matter much who's wining over who, it's like 50 steps laughing at 100 steps

(10-08-2021, 05:25 PM)dynamite Wrote:  My maid took moderna and she told me she dun feel any side effect.

everyone is different, everyone has different DBAs and different body reaction.

(10-08-2021, 05:25 PM)dynamite Wrote:  My maid took moderna and she told me she dun feel any side effect.

Not many side effects for me too except that that was a throb on the arm that was injected for about 1-2 days and I stopped doing weights those couple of days. No other side effects.

I guess there might be a very small minority that has more side effects than usual although among my friends, nobody had anything more than I did. One friend did highlight what happened to someone on the web. Not himself or his family members.

Is Modena just a bigger does of same class of vaccine as Pfizer?

Don't see why it is better for Delta both not designed for delta

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

ur maid is older? older and male get less side effect

(11-08-2021, 07:56 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Is Modena just a bigger does of same class of vaccine as Pfizer?

Don't see why it is better for Delta both not designed for delta

the manufacturing process is different and Moderna required lower storage temperature so may have been more stable…pfizer required -70c so may have loss something during the cold chain process. just a guess

[Image: b84b4a3c8e6c14f71d6b02fc49b9bc1c.gif]

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

There are reports out 2-3 months ago from Yale and UCL on similar findings. 6 months and less than 6 months.