More than a third of office desks globally sit empty all week long

UPDATED 11 HOURS AGO

NEW YORK – Over a third of desks in offices around the globe are unoccupied all week, according to a new report, raising questions on how well workplaces are currently designed as firms struggle to get employees back into them.

The report, from Australian workplace sensor provider XY Sense, found that 36 per cent of so-called workpoints – cubicles and desks – are never occupied, “indicating a general oversupply”.

Of those that are used, 29 per cent were for three hours or less on a given day. Just 14 per cent were occupied for five or more hours, according to the study that tracked 24,855 unique work areas in nine places including the United States, Britain, Hong Kong and Singapore.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/mo...-week-long

Time to convert the office space into residential and bring down the prices across the global. Smile

(24-08-2023, 07:33 AM)Sticw Wrote:  Time to convert the office space into residential and bring down the prices across the global. Smile

They are doing that in US, even Manhattan. But problem is it is difficult to convert to residence as office buildings tend to be blockier and thus lots of spaces have no access to windows. What they do is to cut out the centre to bring in more light but that means a lot more cost and less space.

Check out the video I posted here earlier on the issues of converting office buildings to residential ones: https://sgtalk.net/Thread-WSJ-VIDEO-How-...=manhattan

Levin Wrote:They are doing that in US, even Manhattan. But problem is it is difficult to convert to residence as office buildings tend to be blockier and thus lots of spaces have no access to windows. What they do is to cut out the centre to bring in more light but that means a lot more cost and less space.

Check out the video I posted here earlier on the issues of converting office buildings to residential ones: https://sgtalk.net/Thread-WSJ-VIDEO-How-...=manhattan

In previous downturn Singapore did covert office into residential leh.. maybe we more ok with no windows... Lol

GDP takes a whole lot of meaning
Money and current/cy
YOU need to studyboy and UNDERSTOOD
Singapore is leveraged 6times with total debts of abt 2.8trillions Dola
GDP has stopped getting better and overtake the latest around 466B

lower leverage denotes safer like u go first b4 I get the heat

world GDP 96.51 trillions DOLA
Derivatives are in the Quadtrillions quad=1000B soni trillions 1000trillion is 1quadtrillion
[Image: Screenshot-2023-08-23-at-10-09-34-It-s-A...-CHINA.png]

(24-08-2023, 07:51 AM)Sticw Wrote:  In previous downturn Singapore did covert office into residential leh.. maybe we more ok with no windows... Lol

I think Singapore office buildings are less 'thick' based on my memory. Could be due to scarcity of land. In Jakarta and Bangkok etc, I noticed that office buildings tend to be wider, and longer than the office buildings in Singapore.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post