I Lost Confidence in SG Government

(27-09-2021, 05:09 PM)debono Wrote:  With a small  nation like us, the current number of MPs is already an overkill.

You forget they are only part time.
If they become madatory full time, can cut down, I think at least  50% headcount.
Whole day keep telling ppl productivity but they themselves no productivity?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(27-09-2021, 05:53 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  You forget they are only part time.
If they become madatory full time, can cut down, I think at least  50% headcount.
Whole day keep telling ppl productivity but they themselves no productivity?

Those MPs who are ministers will also get $16K per month in addition to their day work salary..

The problem does not lies with paying these MPs $16K or any amount that deem proper. More importantly they must do the right thing for the people.

By far we didn’t see that, most if not all of these MPs simply attack the oppositions for whatever reasons instead of putting thoughts for the people who sent them into parliament. Especially when the oppositions question on some of the policies.

And all we sees are these MPs simply echo what the government says, and the policy may not necessarily good for the people. It only goes to show that these MPs failed to represent the people instead more in representing the government.

Therefore they don’t deserved the pay which the people are paying, because they didn’t thinks through and simply shaft it down on everyone. We should not pay a representative for simply not fight for the people benefits….and worst of all there are no accountability instead we get high pay administrative..

Just my opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes kangtangman's post

(27-09-2021, 06:21 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  The problem does not lies with paying these MPs $16K or any amount that deem proper. More importantly they must do the right thing for the people.

By far we didn’t see that, most if not all of these MPs simply attack the oppositions for whatever reasons instead of putting thoughts for the people who sent them into parliament. Especially when the oppositions question on some of the policies.

And all we sees are these MPs simply echo what the government says, and the policy may not necessarily good for the people. It only goes to show that these MPs failed to represent the people instead more in representing the government.

Therefore they don’t deserved the pay which the people are paying, because they didn’t thinks through and simply shaft it down on everyone. We should not pay a representative for simply not fight for the people benefits….and worst of all there are no accountability instead we get high pay administrative..

Just my opinion.
You put it in the right sense when you said “that these MPs failed to represent the people instead more in representing the Govt”.  It is simply the blind flwg the blind. Not respecting the Oppositions stance is equivalent to not respecting the voters who bring them to parliament.

(27-09-2021, 06:30 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  You put it in the right sense when you said “that these MPs failed to represent the people instead more in representing the Govt”.  It is simply the blind flwg the blind.

Well, when we go into a ballot box in casting our votes to these MPs (member of parliament) they are supposed to represent the people’s voice.  Instead we are getting 60 over MPs who are supporting 20 over ministers.

This tells me that our country is run by 20 over administrative who needs 60 over administrator supports. It only goes to show what kind of quality we are having these days. Unlike in the past beck in the 80’s up till mid 90’s we get to see some of the MPs actually challenge the government in some of the decision making.

These days we only see parrots….all 60 over of them, which is sad.  And also shows that our current Ministers simply not making the mark and they are paid with extraordinary remunerations yet with no accountability.
[+] 2 users Like kangtangman's post

(27-09-2021, 06:37 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  Well, when we go into a ballot box in casting our votes to these MPs (member of parliament) they are supposed to represent the people’s voice.  Instead we are getting 60 over MPs who are supporting 20 over ministers.

This tells me that our country is run by 20 over administrative who needs 60 over administrator supports. It only goes to show what kind of quality we are having these days. Unlike in the past beck in the 80’s up till mid 90’s we get to see some of the MPs actually challenge the government in some of the decision making.

These days we only see parrots….all 60 over of them, which is sad.  And also shows that our current Ministers simply not making the mark and they are paid with extraordinary remunerations yet with no accountability.
Can only blamed those 61% who are blinded by their follies.

(27-09-2021, 07:21 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Can only blamed those 61% who are blinded by their follies.

Frankly I am not sure who to blame now, but I see your point. Then again many Singaporeans fail to think what do they really expect their representative that they have voted for.

(27-09-2021, 09:30 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  Frankly I am not sure who to blame now, but I see your point. Then again many Singaporeans fail to think what do they really expect their representative that they have voted for.

The 61% of citizens here are afraid that the opposition becomes the govt. of Singapore.  They want to play it safe, and vote the PAP to be the govt. Therefore the 61% wants the status quo.....

(27-09-2021, 09:27 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  ever since LKY gone,
Goh and teo, tharman so call mentor just sit there happy collect wages just like LHL.
the rest no need to say

Summary There is NO body who is VERY STRICT in control, command.

Everyone enjoy sitting in their comfort zone from PM level, down to top civil servants to the bottom.
This is why you get to see so many corruption cases of this Ex civil servants this and that and so call Quality civil services for the people is gone.
peanut goh still alive?

(27-09-2021, 10:20 PM)pinkypanther Wrote:  peanut goh still alive?

Alive and kicking, and he always on the PAP side...

(27-09-2021, 09:38 PM)debono Wrote:  The 61% of citizens here are afraid that the opposition becomes the govt. of Singapore.  They want to play it safe, and vote the PAP to be the govt. Therefore the 61% wants the status quo.....

Honestly of the 61% there are some percentages that belongs to the civil servants. Which I think their fear of losing their jobs are more than anything else. 

While some percentages belongs to the older generations who supported LKY and his party for whatever reasons. 

And remaining I think, these are the ones that truly fear changes. 

Just my opinion.

If you have more 60% poor singaporean than PAP will taken over.This will not happen. Of the 40 % only 10 % is really poor.so singaporean reallly jialat is really little.