Mr Loo lessons from the Abby Choi murder you should note

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

horse behind cannon.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

Super pagan sgbuffet’s most revered idol Handbag Loo is back Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Actually the lesson for me in this Abeey Choi case is this.

Abby was super generous to her in laws who turned put to be bad people but what triggered yhe murder was when she tried to take back the house.

Lesson is this in all your relationships when you lend or give something write it off and never try to recover. It is the taking back that causes the most problems...

Recently a cousin approached me for $50K loan as his business not doing well. My thinking is if I cannot give him the 50k then forget about the loan. I gave him $2K as gift and support. Then suggest he asked a rich aunty for some help. I called the aunt up to make sure he get something.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Most important lesson trust no-one even your family or relatives included.
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Most important is open ones eye and be smart. Dont be like those ProCCP here.

(28-02-2023, 08:52 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  
Most important lesson trust no-one even your family or relatives included.

That is crazy extreme.

Ultimate extreme js you cannot even trust yourself

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Trust no one but yourself  
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

[Image: IMG-20230228-093737-858.jpg]

I have never borrowed from anybody all my entire life.  The closest I ever came too was when I was staring at almost a $100k loss due to my foray in risky stocks in 2006.

I was contemplating taking a loan and renting out my place and crashing in with family. 

My mum heard about it and quietly deposited the said amount into my account. Short story I never needed to rent the place out and of course I paid her back, every single cent in the next couple of years Big Grin

Heng ahhhhh.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(28-02-2023, 08:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Recently a cousin approached me for $50K loan as his business not doing well. My thinking is if I cannot give him the 50k then forget about the loan. I gave him $2K as gift and support. Then suggest he asked a rich aunty for some help. I called the aunt up to make sure he get something.
I think it is a very bad idea to give the person $2K as donation when he wants to borrow $50K. It is best dun lend or give him anything or lend him the $50K and dun expect getting back. If that person is seriously in need of the $50K to tide over temporary in his business turn over due to delays from third party and never has any intent to abscond your money; giving him $2K as alms can be very insulting although he may not show or tell you off. ......  Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

Once lent money out it’s counted as donations

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post