Selling used books to help schools in Nepal

Goh Tze Yi
PUBLISHED 6 HOURS AGO

SINGAPORE - "Do one thing that scares you next year." A book with this quote scribbled on it sent Mr Randall Chong on a trip to Nepal, and it was also through books that he found a way to give back to the community there.

he had been working at various start-ups for the past five years and wanted to "get away" for a while. Having long nursed a passion for entrepreneurship, he was also hoping to find his purpose in life.

In Nepal, he was struck by how children as young as 16 had to work, while those in school faced blank walls and untrained teachers.

The 29-year-old said: "I realised that I could go back to Singapore, call some friends, raise some money and come back to paint some walls. Or I could dedicate one year to raising money for schools there. I chose the second route, and it's been three years."

Mr Chong went on to found social enterprise Books Beyond Borders SG, which sells second-hand books donated in Singapore to raise funds for the education of Nepalese children.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...s-in-nepal

There r sum Spore entities that collect old items in bulk n send to these indochina cuntries

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(25-12-2021, 11:26 AM)Levin Wrote:  Goh Tze Yi
PUBLISHED 6 HOURS AGO

SINGAPORE - "Do one thing that scares you next year." A book with this quote scribbled on it sent Mr Randall Chong on a trip to Nepal, and it was also through books that he found a way to give back to the community there.

he had been working at various start-ups for the past five years and wanted to "get away" for a while. Having long nursed a passion for entrepreneurship, he was also hoping to find his purpose in life.

In Nepal, he was struck by how children as young as 16 had to work, while those in school faced blank walls and untrained teachers.

The 29-year-old said: "I realised that I could go back to Singapore, call some friends, raise some money and come back to paint some walls. Or I could dedicate one year to raising money for schools there. I chose the second route, and it's been three years."

Mr Chong went on to found social enterprise Books Beyond Borders SG, which sells second-hand books donated in Singapore to raise funds for the education of Nepalese children.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...s-in-nepal
What he do is  a good cause, and should be encouraged..... Clapping