Must employers pay for tests for unvaccinated staff who work at workplace?

Prisca Ang
PUBLISHED 1 HOUR AGO

SINGAPORE - Staff who return to the workplace must be fully vaccinated or have recovered from Covid-19 in the past 270 days, from Jan 1 next year (2022).

There are some 113,000 unvaccinated workers in Singapore. Only a small proportion are medically ineligible for the Covid-19 vaccination.

Employers who are negligent or wilful in allowing unvaccinated workers to enter the workplace without a valid pre-event test (PET) result will be in breach of safe management measures.

Q: Do I need to pay for tests for my unvaccinated employees who need to report to the workplace?

A: Unvaccinated staff who are medically eligible for Covid-19 vaccines will have to bear the costs of tests, which can be done at an MOH-approved test provider.

Employers should come to reasonable arrangements with pregnant employees on sharing the costs of their tests.

Q: The unvaccinated workers in my company undergo regular testing twice a week, but need to report to work every day. Do they need to be tested more frequently next year?

A: Unvaccinated employees can return to the workplace on the days they take the antigen rapid test and test negative. Additional tests will be required on other days when regular testing is not done and they need to report to the workplace.

Q: My unvaccinated worker's test result is not valid for the full duration that he is at the workplace. Is he allowed to remain at work?

A: The PET result is valid for 24 hours and must cover the full duration that staff need to be at work. Employees who need to remain at work must obtain a negative result on another test that is valid for the duration not covered by the first test.

Q: My employee refuses to disclose his vaccination status. What should I do?

A: Employers may treat these workers and prospective staff as unvaccinated

More details plus other questions and answers at: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/a...ort-to-the

Very obvious,  the Government is challenging the unvaccinated openly.  They cannot make the vaccine mandatory because it must be one of the WHO's rulings.  Every country is following. Singapore cannot be an exception.  The unvaccinated can also challenge the Government but don't think it is going to make any difference.

The mandatory self-testing has been viewed as an overall Singapore's effort to flush out the silent Covid spreaders.  It is now working.  Don't think the Government is going to listen even if workers were to protest.

https://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/202...se-in.html