My Message National Day2023 : We need to match our actions with our S'pore Vision...

Today is National Day our 58th year as a nation. Yes, Happy Birthday Singapore.

In case you don't know, this year's slogan is
"Onward as One...."

This concept of one-ness, together-ness,  seems to be a recurring theme. A long term vision of a country united as one. But the reality is the stratification has never been worse. The gap between us, the ordinary people and those who live in Ridout is bigger than ever before.

The leadership has gone on auto pilot pushing down policies with no understanding of the concerns of the people.

As soon as the pandemic was over, the PAP leadership was back to its old ways eagerly reviving its import of foreigners causing housing prices to spiral up. This resulted in inflation surging to historic highs biting the greying population whose goal is to save enough for retirement and cost of living is one of biggest concerns.

If being ONE and building an inclusive society is the vision what that the Singapore leadership done to take is towards the vision?  Every year we see the inequalities expanding. The debate in parliament to argue the 2 ministers living on Ridout have technically done no wrong is painful to watch as leaders stood up to justify behaviour that takes us away from the vision.

Today, there is this pervasive sense of hopelessness. I really think the leadership of this country is lost and hopeless. Not only is there a lack of vision, the disconnect from the ground has never been worse.

All this is not unexpected. The concept of selecting and grooming leaders from class of elites inevitably leads to leaders who only good at answering to the top to move up  and not to the people.

The problems faced by the people - high cost of living, CPF, housing woes, job insecurity, inequality - just gets worse every year.

Instead of putting effort into improving the lives of the people, the leadership is most energetic at going after critics and the opposition. We see frequent use of POFMA and defamation lawsuits. We see inquisition style interrogation of the opposition but never the same effort to improve the CPF to address the issue of retirement inadequacy, an issue that so many Singaporeans struggle with.

Our National Day slogan "Onward as One..." rings hollow unless Singaporeans put those words into action. Yes, the ruling elites have culled us with their fear tactics and forced us to take a path away from our collective vision. But it is up to us to overcome our fears and embody the aspirations in our pledge to build a Democratic Society based on Justice and Equality. Each of these, the ruling elites have attempted to erode. Inequality has become so pronounced today, our elderly poor have to struggle in menial jobs to survive in the world's most expensive city that caters to the global rich. Democracy too has been undermined. Implementation of POFMA to selectively curb free speech - it has only been used on criticism of the govt. Systematically shutting down alternative media and jailing of critics like Terry Xu brings about a climate of fear.

We have to put a stop to the rot and put this country back on the path towards our vision. We do not have the luxury of time and choice anymore as our hand is now forced into action. They are 2 elections coming- the PE and GE.  We really need to make the right choices when we vote to get back on the right path.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(09-08-2023, 06:47 AM)Blin Wrote:  Today's date is 9823. One is want. Smile

[Image: 20230808-170247.jpg]

(09-08-2023, 06:45 AM)Blin Wrote:  Old man already rigged the system. 

[Image: 20230808-170247.jpg]

Maybe I join you to buy 9123

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

What is 9123??

(09-08-2023, 06:42 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  dey thambi, National Day lar

Can you please stop whining for a day?

BTW, if you are not a lazy jobless scum

You will have at least $1M in your CPF, whatever your educational level

By the time you reach PAP's retirement age, presently 63, 65 by 2030

Thanks to PAP's Progressive Wage Model

What  a stupid comment from a Malaysian Traitor

who knows nothing and yet talk from his arse

Progressive Wage Model is copied from Opposition idea, lah

He thinks his incompetent and lazy PAP can initiate this idea?

How dumb can Jac LAU be for the past 20 years??

Rotfl

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(09-08-2023, 11:22 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  What is 9123??

Doesn't matter did not come out

[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

(09-08-2023, 09:36 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Maybe I join you to buy 9123
,$8K SObloody near. Smile
[Image: Screenshot-20230810-095733-Live-4-D.jpg]

Why can't PAP match their words and actions instead?

People have been writing, giving feedback and calling up Ministries for past 12 years

Let them know 有屁用 ?

[Image: CCS-Let-us-kn-if-u-need-help.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

vision is 
for ministers and all 
to use state resources for their own individual well-being 
and citizens to pay for them on behalf

(10-08-2023, 10:00 AM)Blin Wrote:  ,$8K SObloody near. Smile
[Image: Screenshot-20230810-095733-Live-4-D.jpg]

I ibet 9123 but did not notice how close it was cane ....

(09-08-2023, 11:22 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  What is 9123??

Sept 1 23. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Blin's post

(13-08-2023, 08:10 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I ibet 9123 but did not notice how close it was cane ....

Good try.

(13-08-2023, 09:01 PM)Blin Wrote:  Sept 1 23. Smile
No wonder never win, it's a non event