My failure to check led to others overpaying by 300%...this is the story

With covid cases falling I have started to go out more often. Just next to my hawker center is a row of open air vendors to  ply their wares every weekend. I saw a vendor selling anti cockroach and mosquito spray and went over to enquire as I noticed due to the recent rainy season there were more  mosquitoes. 

I decided not to buy as I wasn't sure what chemicals were in the spray. Look at the other products he had and found this.

[Image: pjui1Pf.jpg]

The sellers' face lighted up and he started to promote the product. I asked him if this was super glue. He said it canot be compared to normal super glue totally different. I told him that the problem I had in the past with similar glue is that they would dry up after you use it once and you need to cut off the dry glue blocking the nozzle or cut a whole to be able to use more the glue. He explained that this gkue had no such problems. He has been using the same bottle for 4 yrs and it had not dried up. No need to keep in the fridge just uncap and use.

He then took out his demo kit. Which consisted of old sandals and metal pieces, pieces of wood etc. He told me to cut a piece of rubber slipper with scissors into two. I did so and he used the glue to stick the two pieces together and asked me to try to pull it apart after that I couldn't. Impressive!

By now a crowded had gathered around the stall to watch the demo. He went through a series of demo including stick two pieces of wood and asking some one to break it. I broke not at the part where it was glued but it at some other point proving the glue created a stronger joint than the wood itself. After that he glued metal glass plastic etc.

Everyone was impressed and convinced. The super duper glue sold at $4 per bottle or $10 for 3. I bought one without hesitation and behind me were 10 others queuing to buy.

I got home quite excited to try it on 2 pairs of shoes whose soles were coming off. I seemed to work well.
Quite happy at this point.

Later in the day, I realized maybe I should have check the price online before I paid $4 for a bottle.

[Image: ij6pyNA.jpg]

28 reviews all 5 stars.

Overpaid by $3. Lesson learned is always check online before buying

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(26-12-2021, 10:49 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  With covid cases falling I have started to go out more often. Just next to my hawker center is a row of open air vendors to  ply their wares every weekend. I saw a vendor selling anti cockroach and mosquito spray and went over to enquire as I noticed due to the recent rainy season there were more  mosquitoes. 

I decided not to buy as I wasn't sure what chemicals were in the spray. Look at the other products he had and found this.

The sellers' face lighted up and he started to promote the product. I asked him if this was super glue. He said it canot be compared to normal super glue totally different. I told him that the problem I had in the past with similar glue is that they would dry up after you use it once and you need to cut off the dry glue blocking the nozzle or cut a whole to be able to use more the glue. He explained that this gkue had no such problems. He has been using the same bottle for 4 yrs and it had not dried up. No need to keep in the fridge just uncap and use.

He then took out his demo kit. Which consisted of old sandals and metal pieces, pieces of wood etc. He told me to cut a piece of rubber slipper with scissors into two. I did so and he used the glue to stick the two pieces together and asked me to try to pull it apart after that I couldn't. Impressive!

By now a crowded had gathered around the stall to watch the demo. He went through a series of demo including stick two pieces of wood and asking some one to break it. I broke not at the part where it was glued but it at some other point proving the glue created a stronger joint than the wood itself. After that he glued metal glass plastic etc.

Everyone was impressed and convinced. The super duper glue sold at $4 per bottle or $10 for 3. I bought one without hesitation and behind me were 10 others queuing to buy.

I got home quite excited to try it on 2 pairs of shoes whose soles were coming off. I seemed to work well.

Later in the day, I realized maybe I should have check the price online before I paid $4 for a bottle.

28 reviews all 5 stars.

It is a $3 difference, no big deal......you can afford it.... Rotfl

That guy who stood all day creating awareness and advisory not worth the additional $3?

(26-12-2021, 10:49 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  With covid cases falling I have started to go out more often. Just next to my hawker center is a row of open air vendors to  ply their wares every weekend. I saw a vendor selling anti cockroach and mosquito spray and went over to enquire as I noticed due to the recent rainy season there were more  mosquitoes. 

Fcuked you lah.. what wrong with letting some peasants make some extra money ..  If everyone like you penny pinching and only buy online, only the ecommerce platform benefit

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

Really strong bond and won't dry up? Buy fr Lazada or shopee?

1 dollar also posted. disk space very cheap...

treat that $3 as introductory fee. without him you'll never know there's such a gd product

28 reviews all 5 stars.

hey sgbuffoon, time to crawl back under your rock ….. Omicron will shoot to more than 1000 infections a day liow 

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(26-12-2021, 10:49 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Overpaid by $3. Lesson learned is always check online before buying

You also done the same by charging others more than 300% when you bought products from China like bicycle pumps to sell here............. Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

(26-12-2021, 12:47 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  You also done the same by charging others more than 300% when you bought products from China like bicycle pumps to sell here............. Rolleyes

I never mark up to ridiculous levels 
Whatever they buy from me.is the lowest price in Singapore and lower than NTUC and Seng Siong.

Without my offers they end up paying more.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(26-12-2021, 12:33 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  hey sgbuffoon, time to crawl back under your rock ….. Omicron will shoot to more than 1000 infections a day liow 

Plse don't curse the country

Anyway Omicron us a mild strain and not dangerous esp to those who are vaccinated

(26-12-2021, 01:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I never mark up to ridiculous levels 
Whatever they buy from me.is the lowest price in Singapore and lower than NTUC and Seng Siong.

I don't believe the things u sell are the lowest price in sg lor. Only u can profit but others cannot meh.

(26-12-2021, 12:03 PM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  Fcuked you lah.. what wrong with letting some peasants make some extra money ..  If everyone like you penny pinching and only buy online, only the ecommerce platform benefit

Yeah, live and let live.....everybody needs to make some profit, be generous...... Clapping Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(26-12-2021, 01:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I never mark up to ridiculous levels 

$3 is nothing anymore in Singapore. Stocking up the items at no cost in Singapore? Transportation no cost?
$3 convincing you to try this product , physical demo , dun need wages?
[+] 1 user Likes Ernesto's post

(26-12-2021, 01:53 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  $2 is nothing anymore in Singapore. Stocking up the items at no cost in Singapore? Transportation no cost?
$2 convincing you to try this product , physical demo , dun need wages?
I agree with your comments.... Clapping

you bought ahtiong product again? got check if it's from xj?

He have to pay rent for the table space, petrol for his van and feed a family
[+] 1 user Likes Harry Lee's post

the one on internet might be a fake one.

$1 for the product that he sold you.
$3 for the knowledge and service that he sold you.

Fair enough.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

Video demo of product here

Exclamation 

28 reviews all 5 stars.

this one sells $1 for 20ml.

some sell $1 for 50ml aso got

aiya nvml. not much difference

cannot compare like that lah
he gave u a demo
that is effort
only cost 3$ more
dont think u will buy online if u saw the online ad FIRST
as u do not know how good the glue is as online store dont give u a demo
and u get the product on the spot
if u buy online
u will have to wait at least 2weeks

if the product was a soy sauce
and u need it today/now
but go online to buy to save 1$
u will need to cook your char kuey tiow 3weeks later

the moral lesson here
is
dont be an unreasonable miser
other pple also need to eat
[+] 1 user Likes singaporean1964's post

(26-12-2021, 03:28 PM)5354 Wrote:  scam lar

stupid fcuk!

It's not a scam. I tested it.

I glue 2 metal pieces together using one drop on the surface.

[Image: 9ExAtVW.jpg]

The joint can hold up a big spanner, a chair and I cannot separate them.

[Image: HZeiteV.jpg]

Marketing expense. Let him earn

(26-12-2021, 03:49 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  cannot compare like that lah
he gave u a demo
that is effort
only cost 3$ more
dont think u will buy online if u saw the online ad FIRST
as u do not know how good the glue is as online store dont give u a demo
and u get the product on the spot
if u buy online
u will have to wait at least 2weeks

if the product was a soy sauce
and u need it today/now
but go online to buy to save 1$
u will need to cook your char kuey tiow 3weeks later

the moral lesson here
is
dont be an unreasonable miser
other pple also need to eat

Plse don't call me miser.
The extra I paid is small and I am not concerned.

I am concerned about others who followed me to buy overpaying for it

What is it made of?

Thanks for recommending such a good product.

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

(26-12-2021, 12:33 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  hey sgbuffoon, time to crawl back under your rock ….. Omicron will shoot to more than 1000 infections a day liow 

next week can reach 1k.