My passport photo rejected twice....2 months already since I applied

First time reject reason was photo not clear
Second time is background not white enough.

My first photo was very clear
My second photo background was white.

I am now going to professional studio to take the photo.
In the past I always go to ICA to take those photos at the official studio there. Those photos were instant photos and less clear but we're always accepted.

Anyway each reject takes one whole month then reject photo. Submit photo wait another month for them to qccept/reject photo.

Why can't they quickly scan through the photos and reject immediately instead of making people wait one whole month?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

They know u from Muar...

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

U got wait for another month..haha.

Thot they will reject immediately if not proper?

Use photoshop to add in white background

[Image: 20220609-150626.jpg]

[Image: 20220609-150802.jpg]

aiya background can be whitened and image can be sharpened

I edited my photo last time, they also accepted w/o a question

(09-06-2022, 02:47 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  First time reject reason was photo not clear

In the past I always go to ICA to take those photos at the official studio there. Those photos were instant photos and less clear but we're always accepted.

Anyway each reject takes one whole month then reject photo. Submit photo wait another month for them to qccept/reject photo.

Why can't they quickly scan through the photos and reject immediately instead of making people wait one whole month?

continue to vote overpaid greedy useless PAP

PAP standard degraded

my rejected three times

luckily i got another American passport

Muar folks tend to be singled out. Is it because of the extra large ears? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(09-06-2022, 02:47 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  First time reject reason was photo not clear

I think you never follow the instruction strictly. Big Grin
They will reject the online photo instantly now, not like in the past. I just helped my elder sibling renew his passport last month. He can collect his passport at end of the mth. One time submission.  Big Grin

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://www.google.com/search?q=suit+and...port+photo&oq=jacket+and+tie+photo+pass&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i22i30l2j0i390l4.17020j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Click Dos and Donts
https://www.ica.gov.sg/photo-guidelines

[Image: 41-DFD355-67-E0-42-B4-AEB7-B65-D9-C779209.png]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(09-06-2022, 03:10 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  [Image: 20220609-150626.jpg]

[Image: 20220609-150802.jpg]

aiya background can be whitened and image can be sharpened

Base on ICA photo guidelines, photos got to retake.
Both left and right Shoulders unbalance.
Body not straighten. 
Right side cheek too dark.

When you submit it’s already behind thousands of people. When it comes to your application and rejected it’s probably a month later. Why didn’t you apply earlier to beat all the last minute rush?

tomorrow will be a better day

[Image: QWCSYk1.png]

Mine just ready, think I not collecting. Singapore passport is useless!

I only took self pic once n was successful.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(09-06-2022, 04:12 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Base on ICA photo guidelines, photos got to retake.
Both left and right Shoulders unbalance.
Body not straighten. 
Right side cheek too dark.

aiya that's just to show ah butt how to correct the background and adjust the sharpness 

he wun be so blur to submit trumpet's photo ba?

alternatively he cud put his photo here and let forumer help him adjust
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

Go malaysia need passport meh? Bring 50RM bribe the JB custom there cannot ah?

(09-06-2022, 04:40 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Go malaysia need passport meh? Bring 50RM bribe the JB custom there cannot ah?

come back to singapore how?

cannot bride singapore custom

can only let your backside hole be poked by singapore cane

is that your plan?

(09-06-2022, 04:38 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  I only took self pic once n was successful.

Maybe they knew you're Lukongsimi  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes itangg12's post

(09-06-2022, 04:38 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  aiya that's just to show ah butt how to correct the background and adjust the sharpness 

he wun be so blur to submit trumpet's photo ba?

He didnt spend 30 mins more to ensure his digital passport photo is swee swee boh chao chui. Now he complained ICA tekan him. Rotfl

I also encountered the same problem when renewing my old passport online. That was before covid period.
Eventually, gave up and Call ICA hotline then rush down to ICA building. Proceed to level 3 if I did not remember wrongly. Less than 30mins retook the photo and got my passport.

Okay I went to studio to solve the problem.

In front of me also 2 people kena photo reject problem.

I decided self taken photo risk rejection and my photo was not auto detected  to have problems when I submitted. ...so I didn't know. The system accepted both photos and somebody reject later. ..

The photo  studio guy pasted a list of guidelines and potential reject issues to check every single photo.  I asked him many people have same problem? He said "hundreds" came to his shop....

Why cannot the ICA software cannot auto detect problems during submission? Why take one month just to look at photo and reject?  Then make applicant wait another month?

Something is wrong.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(09-06-2022, 06:15 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Okay I went to studio to solve the problem.

In front of me also 2 people kena photo reject problem.

I decided self taken photo risk rejection and my photo was not auto detected  to have problems when I submitted. ...so I didn't know. The system accepted both photos and somebody reject later. ..

The photo  studio guy pasted a list of guidelines and potential reject issues to check every single photo.  I asked him many people have same problem? He said "hundreds" came to his shop....

Why cannot the ICA software cannot auto detect problems during submission? Why take one month just to look at photo and reject?  Then make applicant wait another month?

Something is wrong.

Outside some of MRT stations there are self photo taking booths, $7 only for 6 photos, much cheaper than studios

I see a complaint king here.

(09-06-2022, 06:30 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Outside some of MRT stations there are self photo taking booths, $7 only for 6 photos, much cheaper than studios
These photos booth things can go wrong. I did not want to take any chances. For example may not notice small things like head slightly tilted or shoulder not balanced etc. ..

After getting delayed for 2 months decided to get studio to do it.

It's frustrating how they do this. Why not get someone to run through all photos on same day and quickly reject so people can resubmit. Why 1 it takes one month to reject a photo?

If they don't see there is something wrong with their system they are quite incompetent.

There are many just waiting for their passport and are delayed by this simple issue that should be fixed in the first place.

Studio take confirm pass

photo booth is " like tikam "

nevertheless travelling is not much hype now a days . Same old places , etc

Now those pro traveller want is something exotic new

Unless is needed for job, business than suck thumb have to do

(09-06-2022, 06:40 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Studio take confirm pass

For me I need to buy medicine and see dentist at JB. That's all. If I can't go , I just get overcharged in Singapore and it makes my blood boil

(09-06-2022, 06:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  For me I need to buy medicine and see dentist at JB. That's all. If I can't go , I just get overcharged in Singapore and it makes my blood boil

But put this way, You need time go JB, than traffic jam even you drive also will stuck there

Time = Money

If buy from SG of course expensive but surely at least some cheaper then other brand

dentist than suck thumb yes expensive in SG but again , Money can't buy time.

(09-06-2022, 06:40 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Studio take confirm pass

If your hair is messy and you  don’t look neat also can be rejected

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️