My shopping habit has changed after 5 cents plastic bag

I used to walk into supermarket and buy whatever on offer during lunch time. Now I only walk in when necessary and i only buy at most two items so that I can hold them with both hands. I am not stingy, just thrifty  

Do you all have similar change in habit like me?
[+] 2 users Like hero's post

Just pay 5c lah
[+] 2 users Like Sentinel's post

I put them in my crotch for safekeeping Thinking

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Just two items you can use the FREE flat top plastic bag meant for fruits and vegetables.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Can use rope to tie all the small plastic bags stored with items and carry
Not say stingy Bo kum wan
Lol

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(05-07-2023, 11:11 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Can use rope to tie all the small plastic bags stored with items and carry
Not say stingy Bo kum wan
Lol

Can you say string?

Rope is for hanging you up

(05-07-2023, 10:42 AM)hero Wrote:  I used to walk into supermarket and buy whatever on offer during lunch time. Now I only walk in when necessary and i only buy at most two items so that I can hold them with both hands. I am not stingy, just thrifty  

That's unthinkable. 
What's so difficult to bring one recyclable bag. 
But rather carry the items?

(05-07-2023, 11:01 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Just pay 5c lah

After a while people don't bother anymore lah! Big Grin

(05-07-2023, 12:33 PM)Migrant Wrote:  That's unthinkable. 
What's so difficult to bring one recyclable bag. 
But rather carry the items?
People are saying now hv to buy plastic bags to use as recycle to put rubbish, not because it is difficult to hv a shopping bag on hand everytime they are outside or on way back from work, drop by Cheers to buy something

(05-07-2023, 10:42 AM)hero Wrote:  I used to walk into supermarket and buy whatever on offer during lunch time. Now I only walk in when necessary and i only buy at most two items so that I can hold them with both hands. I am not stingy, just thrifty  

save $$ so its a good thing

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Bring your own bag lah

(05-07-2023, 01:10 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Bring your own bag lah

Old froggies usually bery iron teeth, bery stubborn duin wanna change one.

(05-07-2023, 01:19 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Old froggies usually bery iron teeth, bery stubborn duin wanna change one.

Heng I brought my own tote bags, free ones from heritage trails...BUT I still buy one container of plastic bags online. Rotfl

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

(05-07-2023, 02:35 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Heng I brought my own tote bags, free ones from heritage trails...BUT I still buy one container of plastic bags online. Rotfl

Now got free tote bags leh! Big Grin Just take and use lah!
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(05-07-2023, 02:37 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Now got free tote bags leh! Big Grin Just take and use lah!

Use this lah

[Image: IMG-5907.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like lvlrsSTI's post

(05-07-2023, 02:41 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Use this lah

This one is NTUC house brand? I know one brand the wheels easily spoiled one...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(05-07-2023, 02:41 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Use this lah

You bring that trolley go everywhere meh?  Thinking

(05-07-2023, 03:00 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You bring that trolley go everywhere meh?  Thinking
If tired no seat in mrt can sit mah

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(05-07-2023, 02:35 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Heng I brought my own tote bags, free ones from heritage trails...BUT I still buy one container of plastic bags online. Rotfl

I give some tips on how to get free ones. Go property launches, shareholder meetings, road show, car show rooms .... now I have many  Laughing and they are free  Clapping

office lunch time bring one stupid recycle bag and walk around? stuff the recycle bag in our crotch or wat?

srsly, me just throw away a bottle containing many 5 cts and 1 cts coins into the recycle bin 2 days ago.

(05-07-2023, 03:13 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  If tired no seat in mrt can sit mah

Just sit on it and travel everywhere lah no need MRT lah! Big Grin

I only go in to blow aircon. Never buy anything most of the times. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Be careful.

If you put in your pocket and walk around, can be caught for shoplifting by another shop.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

(05-07-2023, 05:41 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  I only go in to blow aircon. Never buy anything most of the times. Rotfl

Blow aircon free one lah! Big Grin

The supermarket is not going to prosper because of your 5 cents. Sheng Siong boss is not going to buy a second GCB with that. 

The rationale for charging it is to give peepur a slap on the wrist, a small fine, for not playing their part to save the Earth.  An outright ban on plastic bags would be draconic. So for now you can have your bags as usual but you pay a fine.

(05-07-2023, 05:55 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Blow aircon free one lah! Big Grin

It may seem so but the supermarket management is not stupid. 

It's all built into the prices.. today you may not be a customer but other peepur are. On another day you'd be the customer. So all of us are customers on certain days, if not this day then that day. 

You don't get the aircon free of charge. You pay for it and it's only a question of "when".