My stock picks for 2022.....end of year performance update

My previous 2021 stock picks here.

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Review-of-my-s...ng-of-2021

2021  I made 3 picks with an average total  return of 37%.
Last yr was the 4th year I made annual stock picks that started in 2018. So far the picks have beaten the STI by a wide margin and have achieved double digit returns each year. The goal is not to achieve highest returns but the best chance of achieving double digits returns at the end of the year.

This 2022 picks are here:

[Image: GjgKjCQ.jpg]

Just brief explanation. The 2 stocks Boustead & SP Corp are picked due to high cash holdings as % of capitalisation. Boustead was also on the 2021 list but still have some legs.

Challenger was on the 2018 list. It has made  a comeback as the management has decided to deploy cash for growth I believe is a prudent move it is making after a failed delisting in 2019. The timing appears prescient as we exit from pandemic

LHN is chosen due to its growth trajectory has long steady  runway owing to workability of its strategy.

All stocks have been assessed to be priced favorably for investors to buy at their current price.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Paging for 5354....

Any picks for US stocks?

NEXT YR 2022 IS TO WATCH HK STOCKS AFTER SO MUCH DROP.

SGX IS A SLEEPING MARKET KNOWN TO ALL

(30-12-2021, 02:53 PM)talky Wrote:  NEXT YR 2022 IS TO WATCH HK STOCKS AFTER SO MUCH DROP.

SGX IS A SLEEPING MARKET KNOWN TO ALL

This is just my sgx picks which I do every start of the year.
SGX is my home market. It has been sleep for last 5 or 10yrs but still a good stock picker can make double digit returns.

HK after this Yr sell off will be rife with bargains to be had.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Sgbuffett any recommendations for SMM ; YZJ or SPH and Keppel?

LOOK AT WKLY THEN DY THEN HR CHART TO AIM FOR MAX GAIN N ENTRY LEVL

(30-12-2021, 04:03 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Sgbuffett any recommendations  for SMM ; YZJ or SPH and Keppel?

No input from you ?

My stock picks are YZJ, Fraser Log & Com, Mapletree Log, Venture, DBS Bank, Raffles Medical, Sheng Siong.
No property stocks for me.

CHAOS & Cityhantam are 2 sick CCP mother-fcuker bastards, who support Islamic radical Simplemen, aka Imran, who has been belittling Chinese, juz because their mothers like farking Hamas dogs

I think you better go into forex, crypto

Stocks now a days cannot play partly due to the CEO.

Whereas forex, crypto different it a thing which no body owned it etc whereas come Stocks of a company is owned by CEO, also have to depend the performance of that CEO able to bring profits for the corporation.

Base on current situation , hardly any CEO can make it to be honest.

Dont buy SGX, it is not liquid, buy US stock better, here u monitor yr stock and fall a sleep.

(30-12-2021, 07:57 PM)victortan Wrote:  Dont buy SGX, it is not liquid, buy US stock better, here u monitor yr stock and fall a sleep.

once you invest you should not monitor as there no need since it is researched well before u buy. 

only when u speculate then u need to monitor ...most speculators r trying to guess what others will do...

Agriculture stocks?.

https://youtu.be/UHPaxu5s7sE

(30-12-2021, 01:12 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  My previous 2021 stock picks here.

Last yr was the 4th year I made annual stock picks that started in 2018. So far the picks have beaten the STI by a wide margin and have achieved double digit returns each year. The goal is not to achieve highest returns but the best chance of achieving double digits returns at the end of the year.

Just brief explanation. The 2 stocks Boustead & SP Corp are picked due to high cash holdings as % of capitalisation. Boustead was also on the 2021 list but still have some legs.

Challenger was on the 2018 list. It has made  a comeback as the management has decided to deploy cash for growth I believe is a prudent move it is making after a failed delisting in 2019. The timing appears prescient as we exit from pandemic

LHN is chosen due to its growth trajectory has long steady  runway owing to workability of its strategy.

All stocks have been assessed to be priced favorably for investors to buy at their current price.

SP Corp has shot up to $1.56 today congrats to all who bought.
[Image: 6QE47PX.jpg]
The avg return of my 2022 stock picks is now upwards of 20%

Beginning of 2022 I made the following stock picks. I purchased all of these stocks for my own portfolio also.

[Image: QUr3pwJ.jpg]
Challenger now 54.5cts (+2.8cts dividends) total return  4.18%
Boustead now 90cts(+2.5cts dividends) total return -7.5%
LKN now 0.285 ( dividends +1.75cts) total return  -2.4%
SP Corp now $1.57 total return 129%

Average return is 31%.

I will do another tally at the end of year but this year is my 5th year with double digits gain on my stock picks.
I bought all these stocks at the beginning of the year and did not look at them much once j made the jnvestment

As of latest closing

[Image: r5RbJZ7.jpg]

Boustead   -20% (div  4%)
Challenger  -11% (dividends 5%)
LKN    +3.2%  
Sp corp  +130% 

Return =  27%

My 2021 picks performance was  37,%.

I have worked out a buy list for 2023. As I have explained since 2018, the goal is to achieve double digit gains with the high probability.

If you have any stocks for me to consider do post here...I may add it to the list

Got minus the buying and selling costs?

(25-12-2022, 09:13 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I will do another tally at the end of year but this year is my 5th year with double digits gain on my stock picks.
I bought all these stocks at the beginning of the year and did not look at them much once j made the jnvestment

As of latest closing

[Image: r5RbJZ7.jpg]

Boustead   -20% (div  4%)
Challenger  -11% (dividends 5%)
LKN    +3.2%  
Sp corp  +130% 

Return =  27%

My 2021 picks performance was  37,%.

Did you invest equal amounts in each?

Just joking. If you buy now, you save 1% GST for services. We have to count how much money goes out and how much money comes back.

It's like a student who had failed maths, chinese and englis, but done well in history and geography, overall average still can pass

Or when you soak one leg in steaming hot water and another in icy cold water, on average you can claim that you are very comfortable

(27-12-2022, 07:40 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I have worked out a buy list for 2023. As I have explained since 2018, the goal is to achieve double digit gains with the high probability.

If you have any stocks for me to consider do post here...I may add it to the list

Sgbuffett please consider SMM, Genting , Gold Energy & Rex.
Lightbulb 

(27-12-2022, 10:27 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Sgbuffett please consider SMM, Genting , Gold Energy & Rex.

SMM, Gold Energy and Rex move with the oil markets. Some analysts believe oil market will remain strong next year and stocks like Chevron and ExxonMobile will do well.  There is under investment in the oil market and as demand goes up these stocks should do well. My believe is they will generally do well. However, I will not buy them for my annual picks as they do not have the cash cushion and will deteriorate badly if something goes unexpectedly wrong with the economy. ...

Genting has made it to my shortlist. Its cashflow is strengthing and the stock was previously sidelined as it accumulated bad debts of high rollers who refused to pay up and covid affecting tourism. All these problems  are temporary. Stock has gone up recently ,  The free cash flow is solid and but in the single digits. Stock can still go up in single rather than double digit returns we are looking for.

Photo 

SPCorp delisted at price of $1.59, I received my funds a few days ago.

[Image: S2Kszae.jpg]

Overall gain including dividends 27.5%

If you look at STI index it's performance is decent with a return of 4% but if you add dividends which cane in at 3% the overall return is 7%. This is not bad. As I said in beginning of the year based on earnings and dividends the STI at  the current valuation can give roughly 7% total returns. This is against 19% loss of S&P500. Next year and beyond I expect 7% to be a sustainable return for STI.  Because of the diversification and mix STI offers good characteristics of diversification. It is a good conservative way to invest vs picking individual stocks.

[Image: 3zdJlzk.jpg]

Me pick next Yr 2023 : Gold Energy, SMM , Rex and Genting .....see whether correct next year boh...

(31-12-2022, 11:04 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Me pick next Yr 2023 : Gold Energy, SMM , Rex and Genting .....see whether correct next year boh...
Personally I think u have a good chancel given china open up and demand will go up.

I own Red before and did look at Genting for the 2023 list. Not that they are not good. They are good just that there are some better ones. I will announce them next week.