NCMP Hazel Poa queries: For whom are the Singapore Reserves saved

NCMP Hazel Poa queries: For whom are the Singapore Reserves saved as birth rates halve?

Hazel Poa, NCMP from the PSP, raised critical questions regarding Singapore's reserve policies. In calling for a review, she queried the purpose of these reserves, particularly amidst declining birth rates and population growth largely reliant on new citizens' influx.

https://gutzy.asia/2024/02/07/ncmp-hazel...tes-halve/
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

She should ask herself for whom she saves her money for? Unless she dun save at all??    Confused

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(07-02-2024, 11:50 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  She should ask herself for whom she saves her money for? Unless she dun save at all??    Confused

You don't understand her line of questions?

Reserves comes from Singaporeans.
Singaporeans are shrinking and foreign influx is rising.
Reserves will end up going to new citizens.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 4 users Like sgbuffett's post

(08-02-2024, 12:26 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You don't understand her line of questions?

Reserves comes from Singaporeans.
Singaporeans are shrinking and foreign influx is rising.
Reserves will end up going to new citizens.

So what? Reserved are for rainy days and you dun know when it will rain. No reserves or savings means once  you are hospitalized or jobless you are fucked and blame PAP.      Rolleyes

Carl Jung

super good question except is there any at all?

(07-02-2024, 10:00 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  NCMP Hazel Poa queries: For whom are the Singapore Reserves saved as birth rates halve?

Hazel Poa, NCMP from the PSP, raised critical questions regarding Singapore's reserve policies. In calling for a review, she queried the purpose of these reserves, particularly amidst declining birth rates and population growth largely reliant on new citizens' influx.

https://gutzy.asia/2024/02/07/ncmp-hazel...tes-halve/

Thumbs up Thumbsup  for her lah! Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like cheekopekman's post

财神爷最讨厌守财奴lah。 Rotfl
老天迟早会送几个败家子给我们。
穷人家是不会有败家子,只有不孝子。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(08-02-2024, 06:35 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  财神爷最讨厌守财奴lah。 Rotfl
老天迟早会送几个败家子给我们。
穷人家是不会有败家子,只有不孝子。
穷人家 how to have  败家子?

"reserves" means reserved for future citizen like ceca and Tiong.

At least a reasonable portion should be used for citizens who are still living, especially the seniors whose lifespans are coming to an end.

After all, they have contributed to make what the reserves are today!!!

save for new citizens from India la

There is no use questioning. It wil be forever be the same standard answer.

(08-02-2024, 03:44 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  So what? Reserved are for rainy days and you dun know when it will rain. No reserves pr savings means once  you are hospitalized or jobless you are fucked and blame PAP.      Rolleyes

I want to give more credit to her question. I think she asked a valid question, reserves stored away for rainy days is the basic formula. The distribution of the reserves to who and when is the underlying question. Kind of implicitly saying that in the past episodes of releasing reserves the fund did not go onto the masses to weather the storm but got directed to a small minority?
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

SG oppositions all fugging useless

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(08-02-2024, 10:07 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  SG oppositions all fugging useless
And you are a fugging useless bugger who voted for the wrong choice. And next moment, you talked abt CECA invasion and looks so pity in you. So lost and confused mind.

(08-02-2024, 10:27 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  And you are a fugging useless bugger who voted for the wrong choice. And next moment, you talked abt CECA invasion and looks so pity in you. So lost and confused mind.

Trying to keep faith with opposition 30+ years but year after year getting worst and worst .... all fugging waste of space and time

They can't even oppose a toilet bowl .... KNN until now ... what did opposition contribute to SG other??

CECA invasion because opposition useless, did they oppose or stop the invasion? What did the opposition do to stop it ..... NOTHING

[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(08-02-2024, 10:32 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Trying to keep faith with opposition 30+ years but year after year getting worst and worst .... all fugging waste of space and time

They can't even oppose a toilet bowl .... KNN until now ... what did opposition contribute to SG other??

CECA invasion because opposition useless, did they oppose or stop the invasion? What did the opposition do to stop it ..... NOTHING
Quite realistic points. WP alone does not hv enough weight to change or block policies. We shd add more Oppositions like PSP and SDP to form a stronger force and kicked out those Papayas.

(08-02-2024, 10:36 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  Quite realistic points. WP alone does not hvenough weight. We shd add more Oppositions like PSP and SDP to form a stronger force and kicked out those Papayas.

WP ... the worst. Best at self-fugg ... or in opposition term ... ownself fugg ownself

PSP .... still need a 1/2 leg in coffin old froggie to pull the rest of PSP useless bunch of toads .... he mati ... PSP will mati too lah ...lets be real

SDP .... bloody Chee nowadays more concerned about his cafe than anything else Thumbi ... busy playing global doctor ...

These 3 are the best oppositions we have, better dun have .... all a bunch of useless muppet

SDP Chee - good for him. He has a more peaceful and full filling life taking care of his business and expanding them. I think he regretted not doing that early in life. Now catching up for lost time. His children still studying?
[+] 1 user Likes Goldmine's post

saved for my son and the lee dynasy lah
u tot we saved for your grandkids ah...lol

The whole world is just a big ponzi, just wait and see which generation hold the exploding bomb

(08-02-2024, 10:03 AM)Sticw Wrote:  I want to give more credit to her question. I think she asked a valid question, reserves stored away for rainy days is the basic formula. The distribution of the reserves to who and when is the underlying question. Kind of implicitly saying that in the past episodes of releasing reserves the fund did not go onto the masses to weather the storm but got directed to a small minority?
Did she implicitly says that in the past episodes of releasing reserves the fund did not go onto the masses to weather the storm but got directed to a small minority? I did not remember seeing this but looking back I dun remember the country ran into a crisis where masses were hit so badly until doles were needed. Only remember during the pandemic the govt did dished reserved funds to a number of companies and businesses that dun really need the money and giving money and free hotel stays for Malaysian workers stuck here due to border closing. This I agree is bad management of crisis fund. 

What I dislike is her questioning whether the reserves are necessary as our population is shrinking. The thing is our population is not shrinking but actually getting bigger through other means such as migration and the migrants are given citizen status and they also CONTRIBUTED to building the reserves. She indirectly or purposely left out the new citizens. My stand is reserves are not solely build for future generations. For a start reserves are for crisis and no one knows when and how big the crisis will be. It could be war, financial crisis or whatever. I remember the financial crisis where big countries like Indonesia and Thailand must bow to IMF for loans to revive their economies. What happened to their reserves? 

How much reserves is enough? PM already answered that and I agree.    Big Grin

Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(08-02-2024, 11:35 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Did she implicitly says that in the past episodes of releasing reserves the fund did not go onto the masses to weather the storm but got directed to a small minority? I did not remember seeing this but looking back I dun remember the country ran into a crisis where masses were hit so badly until doles were needed. Only remember during the pandemic the govt did dished reserved funds to a number of companies and businesses that dun really need the money and giving money and free hotel stays for Malaysian workers stuck here due to border closing. This I agree is bad management of crisis fund. 

What I dislike is her questioning whether the reserves are necessary as our population is shrinking. The thing is our population is not shrinking but actually getting bigger through other means such as migration and the migrants are given citizen status and they also CONTRIBUTED to building the reserves. She indirectly or purposely left out the new citizens. My stand is reserves are not solely build for future generations. For a start reserves are for crisis and no one knows when and how big the crisis will be. It could be war, financial crisis or whatever. I remember the financial crisis where big countries like Indonesia and Thailand must bow to IMF for loans to revive their economies. What happened to their reserves? 

How much reserves is enough? PM already answered that and I agree.    Big Grin

I think they did marvelous during covid. Why they pump $$ into SQ? If SQ dies .... Changi Airport dies, then SATS dies ... you know how many jobs are lost. Also its old man baby.
I was having kopi with SG tourism board buy, he said the gov pump billions to the hotel & toruism industry to keep as much job as possible ..... WHY????

Here are the results, SQ first airline in Asia if not the world turned profitable after the lockdown.
While other countries struggle to find worker to support tourism ... we have F1, major concerts after concerts .... with SQ bringing in tourists

I don't want to degrade her pov to one that is of populous politics... Reserves are to sustain a nation during tough periods. When the country survives and get back on its feet will it then be possible for communities, families and individuals to thrive. It is difficult to do fund distribution to individuals and hope that it leads to a socially and national level coherent outcome...

But I do question who are the minority that got the bulk of the reserves. National carrier I have no issue with it as the spillover effect is positive given that we are a huge player in international travel. But the rest of funding went to dormitories and related?

(08-02-2024, 10:07 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  SG oppositions all fugging useless

Too many dafts lah. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(08-02-2024, 11:14 AM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  saved for my son and the lee dynasy lah
u tot we saved for your grandkids ah...lol

If your son is 败家子 or not filial , give to charity?

(08-02-2024, 12:25 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Too many dafts lah. Rotfl

Lim Tean talks like a drunk high on drugs while Jeyaretnam is like a retard ... where got hope 

(08-02-2024, 12:31 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Lim Tean talks like a drunk high on drugs while Jeyaretnam is like a retard ... where got hope 

I already said many times, let sg rot.
Finally, got catch 1 big one recently.

[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(08-02-2024, 12:32 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  I already said many times, let sg rot.
Finally, got catch big one recently.

SG won't rot lah ... not for at least 20-30yrs 
If rot usually from external factors

(08-02-2024, 12:31 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Lim Tean talks like a drunk high on drugs while Jeyaretnam is like a retard ... where got hope 
These 2 are obviously not my choices becos they are not credible candidates. They are lots of other potential and highly qualified candidates in PSP and SDP who deserved a seat in Parliament.