NEW LOW FOR S-REITS - What's Ahead for 4Q2023?

If one still believe in the S-REIT story when there is blood on the streets is when you go in and scoop up the stocks. It is no different from normal stocks. Enter when everyone has fear.

(06-10-2023, 03:13 PM)sgh Wrote:  If one still believe in the S-REIT story when there is blood on the streets is when you go in and scoop up the stocks. It is no different from normal stocks. Enter when everyone has fear.

Don’t listen to this donkey. Cheap can get cheaper later reit will hv right issue. If u got Reit make sure u got lot of cash to subscribe. 
Interest rate gg to stay longer into whole of 2024
Stupid sporean
Like passive income end up paying income to those asshole reit.
If u stay at SGX you can only get poorer. Move over to wall st. Sell all Reit. They will not recover till 2025. In the meantime. U will enjoy right issue. Good luck.

(06-10-2023, 03:13 PM)sgh Wrote:  If one still believe in the S-REIT story when there is blood on the streets is when you go in and scoop up the stocks. It is no different from normal stocks. Enter when everyone has fear.

I concur but don't see the blood yet ..

We know what the reits market fears and it is higher interest rates.

1. To predict reits you need to predict interest rates for next few years.
2. If you can predict interest rates you can make billions on the bond market 

So forget about predicting reits.

Just buy when there us blood. ...buy the best buy quality at cheap price....everything else will take care of itself.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

My simple rule of thumb is simple. When the REIT stock has hit 52 week low or even setting new 52 week low that to me is blood on the streets. As of now there are still a few REIT not yet even kiss 52 week low yet so need to be patient. Some Capland, Mapletree, Frasers REIT are tough nut to crack but they have slid down quite a lot. Keppel DC Reit is super strong and Netlink Trust never slid low enough so strong support are still there for some of them.

Conclusion. Blood on the streets not there yet but can see some signs of blood slowly seeping/showing up on the roads.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(06-10-2023, 05:56 PM)sgh Wrote:  My simple rule of thumb is simple. When the REIT stock has hit 52 week low or even setting new 52 week low that to me is blood on the streets. As of now there are still a few REIT not yet even kiss 52 week low yet so need to be patient. Some Capland, Mapletree, Frasers REIT are tough nut to crack but they have slid down quite a lot. Keppel DC Reit is super strong and Netlink Trust never slid low enough so strong support are still there for some of them.

Conclusion. Blood on the streets not there yet but can see some signs of blood slowly seeping/showing up on the roads.

Now data come in all solid. Fed will hold rate longer. If u like to buy. Wait awhile first. I think when u see inflation near 2%. I think that is the real bottom for Reit. I think likely 2nd half 2024. 

U can buy there. Now don’t dca. 

Worse if a recession really come. Play safe.

Gabriel Yap pattern always the same....after something happens he claims to have predicted it earlier in one of his many seminars, interviews, or something he said earlier. And that his students "already know" because he taught them.

Never in his any of his videos does he say anything about what is going to happen...if you want to know pay for his $500 seminar

Higher rates have pummelled reits. Because reits borrow money some did worse others did better due to gearing level.

Going ahead what moves reits up or down is how rates move. How high they stay foe how long? Is anyones guess.. So we cannot predict how reits will move. We only know their size of their discount to book, DPU trends etc. Like many investments often you are better off buying when there is fear and selling. You can still lose but at least you avoid the froth and fats...you are eating the lean meat.

Teh fed is down to one more hike at most as the 30yr Uas treasury yield has suddenly move up alot. This signal danger stress and very tight money conditions. This is kindergarten economics.  So we are at the end of the rate hikes and the uncertainty is how long such high rates stay. Some say 3 months some say 3yrs. 

I am not a fan of reits.....not that they are bad just that most of the time there are better investments than reits:

1. Reits always have debts reaching 40% ...and always face stress during downturns and high rate environments.Tpday we are seeing both that's why reits have fallen so sharply.

2. They pay out most of their earnings as DPU leaving little for rainy days. 90% payout ratio.

3. Unless there is a surge in their property valuation they always never see debt reduction.

4. They raise money at the worse time diluting shareholder issuing rights at the worst times. 

In countries where reits perform spectacular well is when there is long term appreciation of their assets ...their 30M asset after 10yrs become 60M. But Singaoore reits they perform well as a basket only  after some crisis or sell off ...e.g covid in march 2020. 2009. 

So the strategy is not to buy reits regularly but only when they are under stress and has sold off. The exact timing is hard but usually after 30% fall you can start looking.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Is the TS in this thread the real Gabriel Yap? I used to see him on CNA many years ago doing talks on the stock markets.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(07-10-2023, 07:45 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Is the TS in this thread the real Gabriel Yap? I used to see him on CNA many years ago doing talks on the stock markets.

Yes he  is the real Gabriel Yap...now postotioned as Singapore  top reits guru

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(07-10-2023, 08:44 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes he  is the real Gabriel Yap...now postotioned as Singapore  top reits guru

He got say anything?  I only hear him  sing song