NOT worth to invest <5k on T bills USING OA & SA

APPLICATION is $2.50/**
every qtr  $2/**
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(06-11-2022, 04:11 PM)talky Wrote:  APPLICATION is $2.50/**
every qtr  $2/**

Not only that due to the way CPF calculate interest they based it on the lowest amount within the month so if you withdraw depend on the T-bill auction date, you need to beat the CPF interest of maybe up to 8 months (1 to apply, 1 to go back after mature). But recent 4.19% means it really can beat so a long queue is formed in bank as CPF for T-bill need to be done at the bank branch cannot online DIY.

(06-11-2022, 04:11 PM)talky Wrote:  APPLICATION is $2.50/**
every qtr  $2/**

okay lah...............the interests can more than cover these charges easily leh.............

(06-11-2022, 04:43 PM)sgh Wrote:  Not only that due to the way CPF calculate interest they based it on the lowest amount within the month so if you withdraw depend on the T-bill auction date, you need to beat the CPF interest of maybe up to 8 months (1 to apply, 1 to go back after mature). But recent 4.19% means it really can beat so a long queue is formed in bank as CPF for T-bill need to be done at the bank branch cannot online DIY.

so i must withdraw CPF money into CPF investment account for months before the auction date ??

enlighten me on this leh, bro ?

(06-11-2022, 04:43 PM)sgh Wrote:  Not only that due to the way CPF calculate interest they based it on the lowest amount within the month so if you withdraw depend on the T-bill auction date, you need to beat the CPF interest of maybe up to 8 months (1 to apply, 1 to go back after mature). But recent 4.19% means it really can beat so a long queue is formed in bank as CPF for T-bill need to be done at the bank branch cannot online DIY.

I BOT ON LINE USING CASH, NO $2/** CHARGED FOC PROCESSING FEES

(10-11-2022, 12:24 PM)talky Wrote:  I BOT ON LINE USING CASH, NO $2/** CHARGED FOC PROCESSING FEES

next t bills aution next wk get yr bullets ready

(10-11-2022, 07:39 PM)talky Wrote:  next t bills aution next wk get yr bullets ready

24 Nov. Should be week after next.

resuts out latest was only 4% lower than 4.19% the preceding one
too many apply

(10-11-2022, 08:31 PM)talky Wrote:  resuts out latest was only 4% lower than 4.19% the preceding one
too many apply

Expected. I just don't know how low it will go. Thankfully, still at 4% and not lower. Better than FD. Issue now is what will be the interest rate 6 months later.

(11-11-2022, 07:59 AM)Levin Wrote:  Expected. I just don't know how low it will go. Thankfully, still at 4% and not lower. Better than FD. Issue now is what will be the interest rate 6 months later.

used 3k cash to apply non competitive  rtn 1k means got 2 k 

luckily did not use cpf to apply otherwise is a lost in earned interest
interest also given together w the 2 k rtn

so now no more guarantee if apply non competitive will get all.

Still got money in CPF OA ?...why don't use it to buy most of blue chips the return is it better ? Or worse? T bill can trade easily in SGX ?

(11-11-2022, 11:24 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Still got money in CPF OA ?...why don't use it to buy most of blue chips the return is it better ? Or worse?  T bill can trade easily in SGX ?

V HARD TO SELL T BILLS V ILLIQUID N MAY LSE MONEY
BUY BLUE CHIPS BETTER

(11-11-2022, 11:24 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Still got money in CPF OA ?...why don't use it to buy most of blue chips the return is it better ? Or worse?  T bill can trade easily in SGX ?

Treat T-Bill as FD lah. Better that way. I put T-Bill in the same basket as SSB and FD for my investment. Shares is in another basket.