NTUC to change Link Points system for its card.

[[Image: rewards-card.jpg?d=400x800]

Plus! Rewards is making major changes to the LinkPoints programme from 1 August 2021. Here’s what you need to know.[/color][/font][/font][/align]

Plus! Rewards is one of the largest loyalty programmes in Singapore, with 2.3 million members and 1,000 participating merchants. You might also know it as the ‘NTUC card’ (although you can earn points at more than just NTUC), given its ubiquity as Singapore’s largest supermarket chain
[Image: PIs8p8CluKcogoc8e_CVzuFmDe5GaqDW9QR0qUk-...?d=400x800]
Plus! Rewards will be undergoing 
some major changes from 1 August 2021, which will affect how members earn and redeem points. While the impact will be minimal for large spenders, those who make smaller transactions will be worse off.
Here’s a summary of the key changes. [/font][/font][/align]
[Image: YyIjtHe.jpg]

I am here to facilitate discussion

Thanks for the info.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Cheater bug. Ntuc not for workers? Now want to squeeze more?

Wah lost point

Means use finish all your current ntuc linkpoints b4 they reduced in value in Aug.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Price keeps increasing but rebate points decreasing.  Make profits both ends nowadays. Getting more greedy......... Angry

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Sheng Shiong got more heart

(17-07-2021, 08:27 AM)klat Wrote:  Cheater bug. Ntuc not for workers? Now want to squeeze more?

When I buy something from SS, if the bill is $1.94, the cash register will drop off the 4 cents and charge my Paywave $1.90

If FP, they collect exactly $1.94.  Well, they are not wrong but people will compare...one is SS, with a face behind the name, and the other is supposed to be a cooperative, but faceless and probably heartless as well.

Recently, they started this 3% discount for people who have a blue CHAS card, so I guess they are doing some remodeling lor.  Left hand give, right hand take back.  They think people stupid...  Confused

(17-07-2021, 08:45 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Price keeps increasing but rebate points decreasing.  Make profits both ends nowadays. Getting more greedy......... Angry

This sort of things happen when suppliers have monopoly power.   FP does not have monopoly power but it is the biggest supermarket chain and can behave like China is behaving in this side of the world

SS is like the US, Cold Storage like the EU.  They put FP in check but are only able to do so with limited ability.  Carrefour got killed by it...stood no chance against a behemoth like FP.

So the whole scheme of things is now like an oligopoly, with one dominant supplier.  Customers are tied to it by its membership cards, literally enslaved.  It is a very effective marketing tool.

It benefits big spenders. But the poor ah gong ah ma who can't eat much and hence don't buy much, and is living on savings from a $200 a month salary of yesteryears, who counts every penny he or she spends, FP has apparently forgotten about these workers of a previous generation. Well, FP run by people 40 years ago and FP run by xoomers, yoomers, zoomers...they are not the same. Only the name is the same but it is the people who make an organization what it is. Current generation earns a median salary of $4500 a month, and they use that as a benchmark.

I buy from cold storage but that is because I have aia vitality too Big Grin

SS cheaper goods due to lower overheads and cater to neighbourhood

FP cater to more atas people roaming the malls with higher overheads and dont care about costs.

(17-07-2021, 12:53 PM)Gstalk Wrote:  SS cheaper goods due to lower overheads and cater to neighbourhood

FP cater to more atas people roaming the malls with higher overheads and dont care about costs.

I don't have preference. I go to the ones that are closer to my place, ie. NTUC and Cold Storage. And between the 2, I get my groceries when I happen to be at its doorstep.

(17-07-2021, 08:45 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Price keeps increasing but rebate points decreasing.  Make profits both ends nowadays. Getting more greedy......... Angry

Dividend also miserable and the share value, i.e if you have it, remains the same after donkey years and cannot be passed down to your children. Have to sell back at its original price.

WTF

Altn between fp n angmo supermarket...nearer... ss almost same price as fp

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin