NUS rises to 21st spot in global varsity rankings

Sep 03, 2021 06:00 am

The National University of Singapore (NUS) climbed four places to become the world's 21st top university - its highest position - in the latest Times Higher Education rankings.

It rose by four places from 25th spot last year and remains Asia's third-best university.

Nanyang Technological University (NTU) edged up one place to rank 46th. In June, it was ranked first by Times Higher Education in a list of universities set up less than 50 years ago.

Britain's Oxford University retained its top spot for the sixth straight year.

Peking University and Tsinghua University shared 16th place, giving China two spots in the top 20 for the first time.

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/nus-ri...y-rankings

If our education is really so good, why do we need nearly 200,000 FTs every year?

Win the World but lost your Soul. 
[+] 1 user Likes Symmetry's post

This school produce a lot of upskirt case one right?

Who cares about ranking what is important is whether it can educate sufficient Singaporeans and open up opportunities for them...otherwise it is wasting tax payers money chasing after rankings.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Do not trust THE University Rankings

“Useless” – Official Study Slams THE University Rankings

THE World University Rankings Decomposed and Discredited

(Excerpts of study discussed here)

Singapore NUS and NTU were recently ranked at the Top by major international World Universities Rankings vendors. One of them is THE (Times Higher Education) World University Rankings.

A Norway government-commissioned study has concluded that even the top rankings are so based on subjective weightings of factors and on dubious data that they are useless as a basis for information if the goal is to improve higher education.

The Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research commissioned the Nordic Institute for Studies in Innovation, Research and Education, or NIFU, to analyse Norwegian universities’ placements on international university rankings.

The ministry specifically wanted to know what the rankings meant for the universities in practice, and if there were factors at the national or institutional level that could explain the differences between Nordic countries.

A lot more at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2014/10/...kings.html