High-salary-don't-deter-corruption!!!

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2021/08...4-million/

Clapping Laughing

so lhl despite drawing 3 to 4million..still have a secret bonus which is 'secret'...the amount could be between $1 to 100million..and its totally legal

(28-08-2021, 04:19 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  so lhl despite drawing 3 to 4million..still have a secret bonus which is 'secret'...the amount could be between $1 to 100million..and its totally legal
Different classes of people hv different powers. No questions abt it.

Salary should come down liao.

High pay deters corruption....what they are paying him is not high enough to deter corruption..

To deter corruption the elites need to in ncrease pay further.
[+] 1 user Likes BigBossX's post

high salary bigger bribe otherwise not worth to take the risk. bribery comes in many form.

LTA Deputy Director does not have high salary. From what i understand, all Govt jobs are VERY low pay, except Mindef.

That ia why many people prefer to work for Foreign Companies.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

Too high salary will lead to complacency and develop a false mentality that frauding a few million is really not much and also the goal of attaining more self-power like 'want to do then do it bigger' and the thinking the higher the rank the lower chance of anyone discover his wrong doing.
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

Now whoever dare to corrupt, jail them permanently. No need to pay them such super high salary.
It is a mockery if they mentioned dignity and integrity with ridiculous super high salary.
It only makes them more complacent.

难道你没听过大有大贪,小有小贪。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

The more they have the more they want.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

sufficient pay is part of necessary evil fro dignity of those in service and to curb corruption.
but by itself will not work as greed knows no end.
detection capability must compliment. if can come to a state of you corrupt sure catch you. a matter of time. then corruptions will go down.
some example of potential corruptions.
open bid, but tell bidding vendor you dub contract to these vendors for part of work.
come share share with you. give you part of business in your relatives or proxy name.
many many patterns. in private sectors as well.
most important corruptions must not grow into a social norm.

If high salaries not corrupted than need Compliance check for what?

Corruption always happened on those high salaries persons.

No amount of money can be enough for pathological gamblers, drug addicts and pathological womanizer. Organisations must maintain constant watch for these three weaknesses in their staffs........ Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

When late LKY said that, I already deemed as "Habase'! In God's teaching the Love of Money is the Root of All Evil!
[+] 1 user Likes Ernesto's post

Common sense will tell us dat corruption can never b 100% eradicated anywhere in the world.....it's a matter of degree....as long as the govt can control corruption , it's an excellent govt

Who does not $$?

dunno whether taxi company refuse to pay him bribe
everything I i ask LTA to build a taxi stand somewhere
immediately they say CANNOT..give give all the STANDARD rel;y/reason
he punbish the taxi company vbecos they dont want to pay him under table money

(29-08-2021, 12:20 PM)Yin yang Wrote:  Common sense will tell us dat corruption can never b 100% eradicated anywhere in the world.....it's a matter of degree....as long as the govt can control corruption , it's an excellent govt

Who does not $$?

Control corruption? U mean civil servants are allowed to be corrupted? There should be zero tolerance for corruption.

(28-08-2021, 05:24 PM)BigBossX Wrote:  High pay deters corruption....what they are paying him is not high enough to deter corruption..

To deter corruption the elites need to in ncrease pay further.

Greed is insatiable. 

That is why the over- paid elites must have salary increase year after year, although their performance is from bad to worse ie JoTeo, Chan CS, Gan KY . . .

Wonder who came up with such a Salary Design, MATI, lah. Can't they be paid a basic maybe $500k per year and the rest if variable bonus 6 mths later when the reports in the 12 areas are out.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

U can do watever u want But impossible to control one's greed temptation

But if your work in local companies, the CEO/ MD will tell you to be corrupted, to get work done.

I kena before where I was asked to beg my ex- colleagues in GLC to break the law to benefit the company. Meaning, I had to ask my ex- colleagues in GLC for some details and some names in a certain project team. After that, I was punished when I disagreed.

Even my friend also kena from local CEO in Sierra Solutions. He was sacked and accused for being Racist when 80% of the Company is CECA.

Local CEO/ MDs can destroy your career with just a bad reference check.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(29-08-2021, 01:48 PM)Ola Wrote:  Greed is insatiable. 

That is why the over- paid elites must have salary increase year after year, although their performance is from bad to worse ie JoTeo, Chan CS, Gan KY . . .

Wonder who came up with such a Salary Design, MATI, lah. Can't they be paid a basic maybe $500k per year and the rest if variable bonus 6 mths later when the reports in the 12 areas are out.
You have a good suggestion to pay them $500K per year.