New Bukit Gombak Park opens, with highest point at 45m above sea level

Natasha Ganesan
05 Sep 2021 02:18PM
(Updated: 05 Sep 2021 02:18PM)

SINGAPORE: A new park at Bukit Gombak opened on Sunday (Sep 5), as part of a nature corridor that connects the Central Nature Park Network and the Tengah Forest Corridor.

Located on a hill, the highest point of the 4.8-hectare park is at 45m above sea level, said the National Parks Board (NParks) in a media release with the People’s Association and Sport Singapore.

A butterfly garden is situated at the highest point of the park, with butterfly-attracting plants and more than 20 species of butterflies. An inclined 400m-looped hill trek includes a flight of 108 steps that offer a view of the surrounding forest and greenery.

It also features a 480sqm dog run, the first in the Bukit Gombak area, with a sloped terrain for dogs to run unleashed.

Photos and more at: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...un-2157521

Yawn. Artificial Nature.

Dont take your blessings for granted.

Must b very expensive to maintain... come heavy rain what damage will b done  Thinking

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(05-09-2021, 03:11 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Must b very expensive to maintain... come heavy rain what damage will b done  Thinking

I think the slopes are covered with grass, and thence in the rain it will not erode the soil..

(05-09-2021, 02:27 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Yawn. Artificial Nature.

Yes. Super fake.

I think Gombak used to.be a granite quarry. So the ground shud be very solid with no fear of landslide. ...... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(05-09-2021, 03:18 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think Gombak used to.be a granite quarry. So the ground shud be very solid with no fear of landslide. ...... Rolleyes

You have hit the nail on the head. Clapping

(05-09-2021, 04:28 PM)debono Wrote:  You have hit the nail on the head. Clapping
Glad we are on same page... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(05-09-2021, 04:38 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Glad we are on same page... Big Grin

I hope more to come. Laughing