New Retirement Age to protect Older Workforce

Retirement age still relevant in protecting older workers against ‘less progressive’ employers: Tan See Leng - TODAY (todayonline.com)

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

In Private section, UNLESS you are formerly CEO, or hold top position in previous company , will be head hunter etc

Lower tier ones hard to get

of course come civil servants " rot till 70 "
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(21-03-2022, 12:07 PM)Ola Wrote:  Retirement age still relevant in protecting older workers against ‘less progressive’ employers: Tan See Leng - TODAY (todayonline.com)

BS ...then why so many old uncle roaming around kopi shop.

If really want to protect older worker, the authority must ensure they are not discriminated. The worker should not subject to be holding rasom by the company unless they are signed as contract worker ........Words without Action is Dead like a Body without a Spirit!
[+] 2 users Like Ernesto's post

(21-03-2022, 12:27 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  If really want to protect older worker, the authority must ensure they are not discriminated. The worker should not subject to be holding rasom by the company unless they are signed as contract worker ........Words without Action is Dead like a Body without a Spirit!

I came to know this, Private sector is not say don't want to employ older workers, they open for hiring just that Most demand higher pay so call " experience they have etc "

Private sector can't afford this, partly they are doing business here, profits is from business deal UNLIKE Public Sectors/ Stat boards just take from Public funds to pay their civil servants wages, and mid/year end bonus so come money NO PROBLEM

Why like that retirement age from 62 to 65 already....still want to work so extended to 67 still want to work some more har?....Keep so years for yourself to enjoy , you think ORD still can get how long ?

(21-03-2022, 12:29 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I came to know this,  Private sector is not say don't want to employ older workers, they open for hiring just that Most demand higher pay so call " experience they have etc "

Private sector can't afford this, partly they are doing business here, profits is from business deal UNLIKE Public Sectors/ Stat boards just take from Public funds to pay their civil servants wages, and mid/year end bonus so come money NO PROBLEM

I am talking about existing aging worker under employment. If the practice of "threatening of termination" with contract basis continues , this aging jobless worker will always become greater to manage .Once you are in contract, anytime you will be out of job .

(21-03-2022, 12:35 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  I am talking about existing aging worker under employment. If the practice of "threatening of termination" with contract basis continues , this aging jobless worker will always become greater to manage .Once you are in contract, anytime you will be out of job .

really EPIC is on public sectors tons of Old workers inside. If you have tender with them , take a peek at their office even those talk to you. you can hardly see any young ones.

Actually, Tan SL sibei wayang leh.

Retirement Age Law means company cannot retire you before the legal age ie 65 or 67 years old

But they can still terminate your service. So what is the point?

Is he trying to shoot blank like JoTeo?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(21-03-2022, 02:20 PM)Ola Wrote:  Actually, Tan SL sibei wayang leh.

Retirement Age Law means company cannot retire you before the legal age ie 65 or 67 years old

But they can still terminate your service. So what is the point?

Is he trying to shoot blank like JoTeo?

Lim , Josp now him , literally all never do much just keep repeat.

(21-03-2022, 12:40 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  really EPIC is on public sectors tons of Old workers inside. If you have tender with them , take a peek at their office even those talk to you. you can hardly see any young ones.

Normally this people are resistant to changes. They even tell the younger staff not to rock the boat.

(21-03-2022, 12:40 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  really EPIC is on public sectors tons of Old workers inside. If you have tender with them , take a peek at their office even those talk to you. you can hardly see any young ones.
On the surface , what you see is not the actual thing what personally they are going thru. For public sector I knew some but private sector most I know , companies using policy loophole to recontract agreement to engage the existing old staff. Benefits will be lost and do you think they will be getting the same old or better pay when under contract basis?

(21-03-2022, 12:32 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Why like that retirement age from 62 to 65 already....still want to work so extended to 67 still want to work some more har?....Keep so years for yourself to enjoy , you think ORD still can get how long ?

In Singapore, we must work and work.

I would rather Doctor Tan protect the elderly workforce in those manual jobs like food center cleaners with working hours, wear waist band and also gloves in their job.

Mom can't even protect the non elderly workforce, how to expect them to protect elderly workforce

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

How many pte coys r so accommodating in acceding to gov suggestions?

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin