New York, Singapore Are the World’s Most Expensive Cities

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...ify%20wall

Quote:New York and Singapore have emerged as the joint-most expensive cities to live in, according to a new worldwide survey.

The cost of living in 172 of the world’s major cities rocketed an average 8.1% over the past year, driven by factors including the war in Ukraine and supply-chain snarls, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Worldwide Cost of Living report.

Tel Aviv, which topped the rankings last year, was bumped into third position, while Hong Kong and Los Angeles rounded out the top five priciest places.

Asian cities tended to escape the steep price rises seen elsewhere, with the average increase in the cost of living at 4.5%, although individual country performance varied due to government policies and currency moves.

Other key findings from the study included:

Tokyo and Osaka tumbled down the rankings, dropping 24 and 33 places respectively, as interest rates stayed low
The Syrian capital Damascus and Libya’s Tripoli are the world’s cheapest places
Sydney jumped into the top 10 as strong exports buoyed the Aussie dollar
San Francisco leaped into eighth place, from 24 last year
The six most expensive Chinese cities all rose up the ranks, with Shanghai entering the top 20

Upasana Dutt, head of worldwide cost of living at EIU, said: “The war in Ukraine, Western sanctions on Russia and China’s zero-Covid policies have caused supply-chain problems that, combined with rising interest rates and exchange-rate shifts, have resulted in a cost-of-living crisis across the world. We can see the impact in this year’s index, with the average price rise across the 172 cities in our survey being the strongest we’ve seen in the 20 years for which we have digital data.”

The survey, which was carried out in August and September this year, compares more than 400 individual prices across over 200 products and services in 172 cities globally.

These are the top 10 most expensive cities in the world, with their 2022 ranking. Some cities are tied.

Singapore — 1

New York, US — 1

Tel Aviv, Israel — 3

Hong Kong, China — 4

Los Angeles, US — 4

Zurich, Switzerland — 6

Geneva, Switzerland — 7

San Francisco, US — 8

Paris, France — 9

Copenhagen, Denmark — 10

Sydney, Australia — 10
[+] 2 users Like Blasterlord2's post

Not convinced, if they remove the cost of owning cars, Spore would be out of top 10
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

Can pap POFMA them boh 🤣🤣🤣🤣😁
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Just get Lim Wee Kiak to print A1 size of his salary

and throw it at Bloomberg.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

COE already 100k for few mths but nobody has done anything about it.  Rotfl

You can buy 2.5 NEW Very Worried Golf GTI cars in US with 100k COE.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

100k can buy 1 to 2 houses in many places
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

https://www.vw.com/en/models/golf-gti.html

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Singapore = New York
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(01-12-2022, 01:36 PM)Scythian Wrote:  .
Singapore = New York

Quickly come back now that Spore is New York in the East already.

not something to be pride for. i rather we still like last time, simple N happy. now eveyone face sullen with high cost . all husband N wife work like siao.
[+] 2 users Like jus4lucky's post

(01-12-2022, 06:26 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  not something to be pride for. i rather we still like last time, simple N happy. now eveyone face sullen with high cost . all husband N wife work like siao.

Glory days of Spore seem to be the 80s ? A lot of jobs manned by Sporean with controlled number of foreigner until miw decide to open leg big big let ppl pump in and earn big bucks which are not distributed quite evenly to all Sporean. Later I read comments last time is open in front later open the back to get more monies
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(01-12-2022, 06:26 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  not something to be pride for. i rather we still like last time, simple N happy. now eveyone face sullen with high cost . all husband N wife work like siao.
Yes these days, the couple needs to work. to pay the mortgage of the house, and other items i.e. utilities, conservancy and food. Also needs to pay for children's education....... crying
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(01-12-2022, 01:38 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Quickly come back now that Spore is New York in the East already.

There's no 4 seasons in Singapore

Sweaty and smelly
[+] 2 users Like Scythian's post

Instead of enjoying Swiss standard, now, Singaporeans are living in worlds most expensive city as New Yorkers.

7 in 10 suffering from mortgage Delinquency

[Image: giphy.gif]

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

We don't have tipping culture here and we are more expensive than US? Any hawker center in US? Something is wrong with sinkieland.
[+] 1 user Likes OutBreak's post

Could also be because of the highest salaries in the whole Universe of our ministars that cause our cost of living to sky rocket

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 1 user Likes klat's post

Does being costliest city help to improve the lives of the citizens?

If not the givt has done a great disservice to the people.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post