New bicycle handbrake rule starting 1st Sept, 6 months jail if caught

[Image: z45MLsb.jpg]
[Image: CRDgUnV.jpg]

What happen if the handbrake malfunctions at the instant of an accident? Still the biker at fault.
Later they may set standard only allow certain brake of bicycle brands or may need to go for annual "vicom" check.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(05-08-2021, 06:42 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  What happen if the handbrake malfunctions at the instant of an accident? Still the biker at fault.
Later they may set standard only allow certain brake of bicycle brands or may need to go for annual "vicom" check.

You mean a handbrake that is working all along suddenly fail and cause an accident.

I think that can be explained to police when you are arrested. If police believe you should be okay.

(05-08-2021, 07:35 AM)BigBossX Wrote:  You mean a handbrake that is working all along suddenly fail and cause an accident.

I think that can be explained to police when you are arrested. If police believe you should be okay.

Yes.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Looking for those old lamp in front. When you cycle, the lamp lits up. Don't need batteries.

Found. Dynamo Lights Set Safety No Batteries.

its so fun & enjoyable watching bikes with no brakes crashed!

but pls use your brakes in heartland. thks.

https://streamable.com/99j3rl

Is that a stupid regulation that bicycles do not have hand brakes? Of course all bikes have handbrakes.

Huh?#!

I thought all bicycles sold in SG must have hand brakes since 10 years ago?

Even our MOH also sub- standard. Don't know what kind of surgical face masks are sold at those shops at central estates.

(05-08-2021, 10:15 AM)Ola Wrote:  Huh?#!

I thought all bicycles sold in SG must have hand brakes since 10 years ago?

Even our MOH also sub- standard. Don't know what kind of surgical face masks are sold at those shops at central estates.

Since PG, bicycles must have hand brakes install. Bicycles with no hand brakes must not be allowed on the road or walkway to avoid accidents.

What happens if that the bike has handbrake, but the cyclist never use it at all. So okay or not?

(05-08-2021, 11:21 AM)Stoki Wrote:  What happens is that the bike has handbrake, but the cyclist never use it at all. So okay or not?

Then explain to police if involved in accidents or received summon of complaint for speeding and near accidents.

what the point bo liao.only know how to fine take money. always like to FINE FINE .THE PPL in the LTA really have easy job.THis job i also can do leh.GOT problem fine lor.
PLS subsidise or free inspeection if those ppl got brake problem or no brake even better lah.

Its not abt fine. Its abt life and death. It's abt safety for the cyclist and the public.  Cyclist tend to speed on the road and if bicycle do not have hand brake it will be impossible to avoid an accident if someone, animals or vehicle suddenly appear out of nowhere in front of your path or cyclist were not attentive while cycling. It is also dangerous when the cyclist is on a downhill road. It is imperative that bicycles must have hand brakes to avoid ugly accidents.

How about disc brake consider handbrake ?