Singapore won't displace Hongkong as Financial Centre

Singapore won't displace Hongkong as Financial Centre

Hongkong Assets management is ahead of Singapore

Reported: Bloomberg
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

And we're supposed to trust Bloomberg?

This comment appeared in the opinion column of Bloomberg. It said "This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners."

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/comment-singap...18291.html

hard to tell really. Hong Kong and Singapore have many things in common. The only resource they need is talented manpower. Hong Kong lose a lot of talent lately; it is hoping that the talent from the mainland will fill the gaps. Only time will tell.

(21-02-2022, 06:47 PM)revealer Wrote:  This comment appeared in the opinion column of Bloomberg.  It said "This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners."

hard to tell really.  Hong Kong and Singapore have many things in common.  The only resource they need is talented manpower.  Hong Kong lose a lot of talent lately;  it is hoping that the talent from the mainland will fill the gaps.  Only time will tell.

As of now, things are not looking good for HK. Yes, they've lost a lot of talents recently and talented mainlanders are not going there. They can't get used to the small apartments.

So I'm pretty pessimistic on HK.

One can just compare both country stock-exchange will do. Sg waiting to go dead while HK still thriving despite all the constant Typhoon..Riots...Politics Problem..China Problem.. etc. 10 times stronger than SG.
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

HK , now under who?
For me, I still view HK is a financial hub.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Singapore has no mountain behind. For Hong Kong, the new area is the surrounding Great Bay Area.
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

SGX , a graveyard should merge with KLSE BURSA
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(21-02-2022, 07:01 PM)theold Wrote:  Singapore has no mountain behind. For Hong Kong, the new area is the surrounding Great Bay Area.

Bt Timah?