New variants : We should be concerned...govt should reconsider VTL

SYDNEY, Nov 26 (Reuters) – Stocks fell and headed for their largest weekly drop in nearly two months on Friday, while safe haven assets such as bonds and the yen rallied as a new virus variant added to swirling concerns about future growth and higher U.S. interest rates.
The variant, detected by scientists in South Africa, may be able to evade immune responses and has prompted Britain to hurriedly introduce travel restrictions on South Africa. ...
South Africa's rand fell 1% in early trade, as did U.S. crude futures . S&P 500 futures fell 0.4%, while the risk-sensitive Australian and New Zealand dollars dropped to three-month lows.
"The trigger was news of this COVID variant...and the uncertainty as to what this means," said Ray Attrill, head of FX strategy at National Australia Bank in Sydney. "You shoot first and ask questions later when this sort of news erupts."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/south-afric...1637862061

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

There is real.risk of this spreading variant evading vaccines.

Hope govt does not ease restrictions too quickly.
..and consider the risks.

Stock indices have plunged....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/south-afric...1637862061

Ths disease is not static.

We cannot just plan and follow.

We need to adapt as situation changes.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Strain has entered Hong Kong

https://youtu.be/ivaAKX3htFA

(26-11-2021, 09:13 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  There is real.risk of this spreading variant evading vaccines.

Hope govt does not ease restrictions too quickly.
..and consider the risks.

Stock indices have plunged....

New variants might be here or on the way already since many foreigners can come here without quarantine.

To live with covid, we have to live with any variant.

There is no way to choose the type of variant to live with because African variant can come from any country.

Now is not the time to be complacent.

Worse ever variant with 22 mutations renders vaccination ineffective.. BBC.

https://youtu.be/OfwoROrBiVE

Really concerning.

We have to take precautions.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/25/world/cov...index.html

Stock fall because its profit taking

Maybe spore cud b last man standing with opened vtls next year 🤔

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Write on OYK Facebook and repeatedly ask for his response.

You repeated multiple times in this forum for what use?
[+] 1 user Likes lylcnn's post

Looks like a number of Western countries are going to take cover while we are coming out from our foxhole to welcome the latest variant..... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

we already agreed we will live with the viruses, this is just another flavour of variant among thousands, nothing to worry about lah.

(26-11-2021, 09:16 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Ths disease is not static.

We cannot just plan and follow.

We need to adapt as situation changes.

We must be pre emptive....to avoid more death.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(26-11-2021, 11:12 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  We must be pre emptive....to avoid more death.

So what do you suggest?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(26-11-2021, 11:07 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  we already agreed we will live with the viruses, this is just another flavour of variant among thousands, nothing to worry about lah.

the trick is to monitor when PAP will resume physical meet people session (MPS)

as long as PAP suspends physical MPS, it means it is not safe to live with covid.

if it is not safe for PAP, it will also be not safe for me.

(26-11-2021, 11:19 AM)forum456 Wrote:  the trick is to monitor when PAP will resume physical meet people session (MPS)

as long as PAP suspends physical MPS, it means it is not safe to live with covid.

if it is not safe for PAP, it will also be not safe for me.

you won’t see them for very long time.

(26-11-2021, 11:24 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  you won’t see them for very long time.

at least, i have indirect inside info when it is safe to live with covid.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/25/world/cov...index.html

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi...918888.cms

we open up aggressively, how ah?

OYK will be held responsible.

This man is hell bent to open up

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(26-11-2021, 11:34 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  we open up aggressively, how ah?

singapore has already opened up, just wait for african variant to come here.

when OKY said to live with covid, i already expect all kinds of variants to come here.

follow PAP MPs to suspend your own activities
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(26-11-2021, 11:45 AM)forum456 Wrote:  singapore has already opened up, just wait for african variant to come here.

when OKY said to live with covid, i already expect all kinds of variants to come here.

follow PAP MPs to suspend your own activities

all thought we are bulletproof after fully vaccinated.

(26-11-2021, 12:05 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  all thought we are bulletproof after fully vaccinated.

if bulletproof, why PAP suspends physical MPS ?

Seeing is believing.

Forget VTL....things have changed completely.

Focus now is to stop S.Afican variant.

Let's not make same mistake as we did on Delat and resulted in so many deaths in Singapore.

Lives matter.

(26-11-2021, 10:29 AM)lylcnn Wrote:  Write on OYK Facebook and repeatedly ask for his response.

You repeated multiple times in this forum for what use?

TS, please post all dis links on Ho Ching's FB. Those ministars boh hiew public feedback but they need tro impress her.

Dis is the new Botswana variant? Spread so quickly liao.

(26-11-2021, 11:36 AM)Niubee Wrote:  OYK will be held responsible.

This man is hell bent to open up

Goondu Koon is made of mud. Got no feeling wan, he doesn't accept personal blame but personal praises.

B.1.1.529 variant.

2 days ago said dis Botswana variant still not widespread yet, today the detected no. increase multiple fold.

Our meelleeon dolah MTF won't budge until shit hits the fan. Even UK oredy learn from their past mistakes and change travel policies accordingly liao. Ours still feeling ectstasy from high vax rates.

(26-11-2021, 11:13 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  So what do you suggest?

You should ask OYK. He is paid millions to answer this question.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..