Weighing instruments at 2 FairPrice outlets verified to be accurate

The weighing instruments at FairPrice’s NEX and AMK Hub branches, which have been in the spotlight recently over labelling discrepancies, have been inspected and verified to be accurate, says the Weights and Measures Office.

https://cna.asia/3sB5PHq

Of course lah, previous night already checked and set correctly. sure okay one lah

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 2 users Like klat's post

The responsibility and ownership must remain with NTUC to ensure the accuracy of the weight of goods sold. If they are caught supplying short, then they ought to be punished. Just like people who got caught for shoplifting, can they just pay for the item and walk away unpunished??
[+] 2 users Like Instinct's post

(11-02-2022, 04:01 PM)Instinct Wrote:  The responsibility and ownership must remain with NTUC to ensure the accuracy of the weight of goods sold. If they are caught supplying short, then they ought to be punished. Just like people who got caught for shoplifting, can they just pay for the item and walk away unpunished??

Well said,  I like your analogy............

FairPrice should be a quality management certified organization, so I guess regular calibration of all measuring instruments should be in their work process........... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

did ntuc use 3rd party packaging.?
[+] 1 user Likes Blin's post

Hahaha they think we're stupid. Of cos they'd have checked everything before the verification by the weights office.

Then its human error. Sack those ah tiong or jiuhukia!
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

Could it be another weight scale? Rotfl

Once reputation tarnishes, nobody will believe what they say?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

If every label on the pack of meat is heavier by XX grams, that means the staff there is helping NTUC to earn more money. He/she could have put something together with the meat to weigh and print the label. Just like when I bought those cut whole chicken which later found missing parts.

I ever bought fresh red snapper from fair price at the cost of sea bass which is half the cost of red snapper. I think the weighing staff at the fish counter must have made the mistake. In this case the mistake was to the advantage of the customers....... Big Grin

Carl Jung

(11-02-2022, 04:01 PM)Instinct Wrote:  The responsibility and ownership must remain with NTUC to ensure the accuracy of the weight of goods sold. If they are caught supplying short, then they ought to be punished. Just like people who got caught for shoplifting, can they just pay for the item and walk away unpunished??

v strong n valid argument
gd rebuttal

(11-02-2022, 04:52 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Hahaha they think we're stupid. Of cos they'd have checked everything before the verification by the weights office.

this school cleanliness is infamous v dirty.
when the minister visited n was v satisfied on all 

of course b4 arrival extra manpower needed to clean  nrepaint the walls.
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(11-02-2022, 05:57 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I ever bought fresh red snapper from fair price at the cost of sea bass which is half the cost of red snapper. I think the weighing staff at the fish counter must have made the mistake. In this case the mistake was to the advantage of the customers....... Big Grin

That is human error in which you benefitted.  You get the fish at a good discounted price. But here we are debating about the weight of items printed on the label which has short-changed the consumer..........

(11-02-2022, 07:08 PM)debono Wrote:  That is human error in which you benefitted.  You get the fish at a good discounted price. But here we are debating about the weight of items printed on the label which has short-changed the consumer..........
Yes it's impt for NTUC to take ownership of the weight accuracy problem otherwise thousands of customers everyday will be short change by NTUC.

(11-02-2022, 07:15 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Yes it's impt for NTUC to take ownership of the weight accuracy problem otherwise thousands of customers everyday will be short change by NTUC.

Glad we are on the same page.......
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(11-02-2022, 07:08 PM)debono Wrote:  That is human error in which you benefitted.  You get the fish at a good discounted price. But here we are debating about the weight of items printed on the label which has short-changed the consumer..........

I am not sure but I think to maintain 100% weight accuracy could be problematic as weight of fresh products on the shelves should become lesser  as they dry up during the display period. I dunno what is the market standard but think an allowance for weight variation should be considered............ Thinking

Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

For the sliced meat, chances are they weigh and print but worker might just stick wrongly lah.

I don't think NTUC or any establishment out there will wanna cheat that few cents...

NTUC trying to sneak away

Customer is always right

(11-02-2022, 07:33 PM)Sticw Wrote:  For the sliced meat, chances are they weigh and print but worker might just stick wrongly lah.

I don't think NTUC or any establishment out there will wanna cheat that few cents...

I believe your are right, NTUC would not want to cheat a few cents.  So where does the error happened.....

Most likely some staff tried to take short cut. They weighed and printed the stickers for a few packs using batch process, then paste the stickers randomly on the packs. Save time for them, but some packs will have understated weight and some overstated.

(11-02-2022, 07:31 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I am not sure but I think to maintain 100% weight accuracy could be problematic as weight of fresh products on the shelves should become lesser  as they dry up during the display period. I dunno what is the market standard but think an allowance for weight variation should be considered............ Thinking
Less by a few % can still accept but anything exceeding that or 10% is no go.
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

(11-02-2022, 07:31 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I am not sure but I think to maintain 100% weight accuracy could be problematic as weight of fresh products on the shelves should become lesser  as they dry up during the display period. I dunno what is the market standard but think an allowance for weight variation should be considered............ Thinking
Taking into consideration that the pasted wt. may be heavier than the actual wt. the difference will not be so large....In the petrol stations practice, the amount of petrol in the tanker is given a 1% as evaporation loss.......

Some of u expect perfection in a supermkt with more than 10K SKU s on display in bigger stores throughout 24 hours around the clock 365 days . V labour intensive with high turnover
Sufficient quality staff is sine quo non..

How about using accurate dependaple robots to replace error prone humans ...tink china is setting the trend

Mean their management system fail
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

(11-02-2022, 08:58 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Mean their management system fail

That is the crux of the saga........

Question 

Well said.  Equal treatment should be given.

(11-02-2022, 04:15 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  FairPrice should be a quality management certified organization, so I guess regular calibration of all measuring instruments should be in their work process........... Rolleyes

Weights and Measures Act 1975 - Singapore Statutes Online

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/WMA1975
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post