No more walkover in future Presidential Election, please.

No more walkover in any future Presidential Election please.

It sounds so stupid
Potentially its as good as Hijacking
[+] 2 users Like Scythian's post

If the Parliament can use certain race as a criteria ie discrimination

Why not include weight and height or certain  surname as criteria too?

Last time the president was picked by parliament why no one objection ?

If they set the criteria until those who want to come out cannot come out, the who can come out not interested to come out, future walkover are a sure thing to happen..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

With that kind of criteria, almost every good candidate are disqualified. Only pap candidates are qualified because they are exempted from the criteria.

Its nice to hear.
If we fail to escape the present existential threat
we do not need to bother.

(08-11-2021, 08:20 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Last time the president was picked by parliament  why no one objection ?

Last time president don't have 2nd key to the reserves. This time have so must have a real president, not a puppet.

pe is cast on stone already because where to find eligible candidate who is willing?

read the criteria to qualify n you will understand why that qualified person wldnt wish to be on the oppa side

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presiden..._Singapore

(08-11-2021, 07:58 PM)Scythian Wrote:  No more walkover in any future Presidential Election please.

It sounds so stupid

PAP only want their own PAP to be President.

The past 2 or 3  PE shown how they tweak the PE criteria so that 99.99% of other people cannot fit and thus, application became void.

From website-

1. Certificates of eligibility are issued by the Presidential Elections Committee (PEC). 

2. In particular, the PEC must assess that they are persons of integrity, good character and reputation

3. If they have not previously held certain key government appointments or were the chief executives of profitable companies with shareholders' equity of an average of S$500 
million for the most recent three years in that office,

4. Demonstrate to the PEC that they held a position of comparable seniority and responsibility in the  that has given them experience and ability in 6.  administering and managing financial affairs.[/font][/color]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

How fair is the rule of law,?

(08-11-2021, 08:02 PM)Scythian Wrote:  If the Parliament can use certain race as a criteria ie discrimination

Why not include weight and height or certain  surname as criteria too?

I SUGGEST USE iq eq as well not belonging to any party fr history till nomination day.

This cannot be accepted under the rule of law..

Only practice under Law of Jungle.

President shd not be chosen from the party...
Shd be independent...Agree? Thinking
Otherwise how to judge not bias.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(08-11-2021, 08:34 PM)Instinct Wrote:  With that kind of criteria, almost every good candidate are disqualified. Only pap candidates are qualified because they are exempted from the criteria.
They can set all kinds of ridiculous criterias that only fits in their own shoes for their own candidates, and kicking out all other credible candidates.

(08-11-2021, 07:58 PM)Scythian Wrote:  No more walkover in any future Presidential Election please.

It sounds so stupid

If PnP feels that the nominated one is very weak and may lose, they will find ways and means to disqualify the Opponent.

Angry

8Umbrella Umbrella

(09-11-2021, 04:09 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  They can set all kinds of ridiculous criterias that only fits in their own shoes for their own candidates, and kicking out all other credible candidates.

Losers finding ways to cheat..

Even in Olympic Games and other world sports.

Exposing evil intention to cheat is disgraceful and dishonesty 

How they became leaders is questionable?

(09-11-2021, 10:26 AM)Scythian Wrote:  How fair is the rule of law,?

Only 61% Naive like Jac Lau believes in PAP's version Rule of Law.

With Oxley Saga, also lack Rule of Law.

And the Siah- Suay Chan CS must come out to say REVERSE to cover their own arse. 

[Image: CCS-Rule-of-Law.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Nobody here can stop PAP from doing what they wanted. Including feed you with poison pig from USAs~

(08-11-2021, 08:20 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Last time the president was picked by parliament  why no one objection ?

LKY selected one who dare say no ?

(10-11-2021, 08:03 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  LKY selected one who dare say no ?

LHL selected all who dare not say no ?

It is becos last time run by good team. Big Grin
Now where is the good team?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

RWe have no right to voice of unhappiness but have to accept their mistake.

(09-11-2021, 03:58 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  President shd not be chosen from the party...
Shd be independent...Agree? Thinking
Otherwise how to judge not bias.

(09-11-2021, 04:09 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  They can set all kinds of ridiculous criterias that only fits in their own shoes for their own candidates, and kicking out all other credible candidates.

(09-11-2021, 04:18 PM)klat Wrote:  If PnP feels that the nominated one is very weak and may lose, they will find ways and means to disqualify the Opponent.

Angry

The MIW will always place their criteria first, but then the potential candidate should not be from a political party, and that they must be impartial in their selection.... Big Grin