Not all super glue are the same....

I had a rubber strap that broke and tried to glue it together 
as the replacement order online will take time to arrive.

First try is use super glue from ABC shop...very cheap something like $2 for 10 pieces. Repair was a complete fail.
The strap kept breaking.

Gave up ...passed by 7eleven saw they were sold super glue $2 a piece ...bought one yellow tube brand is Deli. Tried it and it worked very well.

Here is a review of various types of super glues.
The performance is very different.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

some glue may not be suitable for the substrate. u must use the correct glue for the correct substrate. not just buy becos it's cheap
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

Loctite one is good.

(29-07-2021, 05:35 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Loctite one is good.

In Singapore where to buy? Locite hold the world record.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Hardware shop.
Hong Teck Hin Hardware & Machinery Pte. Ltd.

(29-07-2021, 05:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  

I used to use it a lot for my engineering products, and it's really good. We buy from element 14, which of course is not cheap. I supposed you can buy from shopee, but I recalled buying it from taobao as well for my personal use.

lky made super glue when he's young. wonder if his brand was taken over and is still selling now

(29-07-2021, 06:34 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  lky made super glue when he's young. wonder if his brand was taken over and is still selling now

I never heard this story....I thought super glue was invented in Vietnam war to glue skin of soldiers injured in battle.

Maybe it's another type of glue?
..not super glue?

Locite is super expensive....$17 on shoppee

[Image: BBZWAgE.jpg]

(29-07-2021, 06:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  
(29-07-2021, 06:34 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  lky made super glue when he's young. wonder if his brand was taken over and is still selling now

I never heard this story....I thought super glue was invented in Vietnam war to glue skin of soldiers injured in battle.

..not super glue?

google and you'll find "... stifas.." duno what type

If you produce superior spermatozoa, women will stick to you like super glue.

(29-07-2021, 07:20 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  
(29-07-2021, 06:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I never heard this story....I thought super glue was invented in Vietnam war to glue skin of soldiers injured in battle.

..not super glue?

google and you'll find "... stifas.." duno what type

Found story .....see below. Tapioca glue probably Good for sticking paper ..not super glue lah...

Lee Kuan Yew helped to develop a glue based on tapioca, which he sold under the name Stikfas in Japanese-occupied Singapore during World War II. Lee Kuan Yew would later serve as the Prime Minister of Singapore for more than three decades.

if he had continued to work on it, now stifas might be a world renowned name and sell all types of glue

(29-07-2021, 05:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  

I am impressed by this experiment, it shows the bonding strength of the super glue.. Big Grin

(29-07-2021, 09:23 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  
(29-07-2021, 07:20 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  google and you'll find "... stifas.." duno what type

Found story .....see below. Tapioca glue probably Good for sticking paper ..not super glue lah...

Lee Kuan Yew helped to develop a glue based on tapioca, which he sold under the name Stikfas in Japanese-occupied Singapore during World War II. Lee Kuan Yew would later serve as the Prime Minister of Singapore for more than three decades.

In the past no money to buy glue, I used rice to glue paper  Big Grin

(29-07-2021, 04:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I had a rubber strap that broke and tried to glue it together 
as the replacement order online will take time to arrive.

First try is use super glue from ABC shop...very cheap something like $2 for 10 pieces. Repair was a complete fail.
The strap kept breaking.

Gave up ...passed by 7eleven saw they were sold super glue $2 a piece ...bought one yellow tube brand is Deli. Tried it and it worked very well.

Here is a review of various types of super glues.
The performance is very different.

U want to use my glue ?