Now I know why that HK doc drama is popular

Currently show on CH 8
Is indirectly showing how “ politics “ in hospital are

Just like in SG also every countries

Yr reasoning is NOT very strong.

Smile

HK dramas are more popular because they got more chiobus and storyline is better lah. Singapore's charbo actress not pretty enough, even HYY I find her so so only. Then our plots are always about quarrels within the family, aiyo..

(20-06-2022, 11:15 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  HK dramas are more popular because they got more chiobus and storyline is better lah. Singapore's charbo actress not pretty enough, even HYY I find her so so only. Then our plots are always about quarrels within the family, aiyo..

The core still on the scripts , story than come artist performance.
Yea HK drama still have its charm there. At first I see what HK current most popular drama back in HK? I was hmm ok never mind just watch but slowly I find it not bad.

One thing they keep repeat the same old theme , kinda standard, either Police vs Triad , Undercover plot , Nurse/Doc , or fire fighter
but interesting they still can managed to draw viewers.

Unlike our one zzzzz

(20-06-2022, 11:15 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  HK dramas are more popular because they got more chiobus and storyline is better lah. Singapore's charbo actress not pretty enough, even HYY I find her so so only. Then our plots are always about quarrels within the family, aiyo..

HK open society more  talented

SGP besides PAP cannot to be too talented, head cannot be higher than the PAP elite

(20-06-2022, 11:36 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  HK open society more  talented

SGP besides PAP cannot to be too talented, head cannot be higher than the PAP elite

Not say alway complain local media never support " maybe " also due to censorship, content etc MDA part

What I know HK now is all HK entertainment companies while come out dramas and Hk CANNOT have contents indirect say China Govt

Last time they can but now cannot but come violent , etc the China govt never restrict. They more concern is on Govt image part.

Whereas for us SG here is beside Govt image also cannot be too violent etc this and that so maybe restrict director, script writer creative.

(20-06-2022, 11:40 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Not say alway complain local media never support " maybe " also due to censorship, content etc MDA part

What I know HK now is all HK entertainment companies while come out dramas and Hk CANNOT have contents indirect say China Govt

Last time they can but now cannot but come violent , etc the China govt never restrict. They more concern is on Govt image part.

Whereas for us SG here is beside Govt image also cannot be too violent etc this and that so maybe restrict director, script writer creative.

Sometimes I'm wondering if it is because of our govt's restrictions or that Mediacorp chose to take the easier path since they're the monopoly. There's simply no incentive for them to try harder because they know they can't compete with others, so might as well 躺平。Do less work, take the same pay so why not?

(20-06-2022, 11:56 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Sometimes I'm wondering if it is because of our govt's restrictions or that Mediacorp chose to take the easier path since they're the monopoly. There's simply no incentive for them to try harder because they know they can't compete with others, so might as well 躺平。Do less work, take the same pay so why not?

I think due to NO competition. If you recall back SPH that time also go into TV production , CH U
I still remember Media corp suddenly can come out good programs etc partly due to SPH CH U offer a total different type of entertainment.

And yes Competition make one work harder.

LOL I still remember come CNY , switch here and there between CH 8 and CH U to see nice Movies and programs.

Is later Govt stop , claim so call both station losing money than back to square one Only Media corp.

BUT SPH still got their own radio station which I listen to. Like 91.3 , UFM 100.3 and 96.3 .

If you listen and compare both SPH radio station and Media corp one do have some difference in terms of presentation.
I prefer SPH radio station more. Media corp is zzzz.

This is why you see Media corp keep spamming on tv on their radio stations , ads etc they know some listeners prefer to listen to SPH radio stations.