Senior citizens lament about lack of job opportunities in Singapore

(19-06-2024, 10:08 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  Past saving also my not enough when their salary nd savings cannot catch up with the current inflation.
Even our Gov also needs to increase many of service fees and tax rapidly.

The worst about this Govt is so many Indirect Taxes that increased regularly and some, by double digits ie water price hike 15 + 15+ 18= 48%. 

GST has been increasing and the CDC vouchers is not enough to cover the increase cost of food portion temporarily . 

There should be bigger differentiation between PRs and Citizens in property and income taxes.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

(20-06-2024, 06:51 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Vote them out!

Then vote who in?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(20-06-2024, 10:50 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Then vote who in?

vote SDP and PSP !

(19-06-2024, 10:35 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Senior citizens lament about lack of job opportunities in Singapore; they complain that companies look at age, not skills

https://theindependent.sg/senior-citizen...ot-skills/

the govt must have job programme to provide real jobs to the unemployed.

currently, the govt does not provide any job.

the govt only provides job info which does not translate to real jobs

(20-06-2024, 08:32 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  The worst about this Govt is so many Indirect Taxes that increased regularly and some, by double digits ie water price hike 15 + 15+ 18= 48%. GST has been increasing and the CDC vouchers is not enough to cover the increase cost of food portion temporarily . There should be bigger differentiation between PRs and Citizens in property and income taxes.

The CDC vouchers are the "chicken wings" that the govt tosses back at us after they have taken the whole fat chicken (taxes) that were extracted from us earlier on.

(20-06-2024, 11:57 AM)forum456 Wrote:  vote SDP and PSP !

I would rather vote for taxi -driver than stewpig Ministers like SBQ

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(20-06-2024, 11:57 AM)forum456 Wrote:  vote SDP and PSP !

SDP, Chee Soon Juan & Tambyah, I think they have the calibre but 
  • provide Chee Soon Juan goes rouge again 
  • Chee to busy with his cafe biz also 
  • Tambyah sits in some international medical organisation
  • and only 2 creditable opposition

So cant do much

PSP, not because of Tan Cheng Bock,the rest cannot even get back their deposit.TCB, now machiam Bye-den ...80+ anytime can go one. PSP members are mostly cannot make it or criminals or ex criminals. Name me one member that has proven themselves?

Ask them don't waste parliament seats lah 

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

We are never part of this Country. Just look at the list of random promotions when these Ministers never once show average performance but got promotion. Is this how PaP is run?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...cal-office

If seniors are not getting more better jobs due to Compass Framework

then it means Dead Dragon idea is stewpig, lor

PHD 有屁用

[Image: MOM-Compass-Framework-2.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

One question is which party does these seniors voted for?

I find it ludicrous when retirement age will be 67 years old but the availability of jobs for seniors are not matching up.  Is this Govt telling me that sitting at the Hawker Center or Library is a full- time job?

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

(19-06-2024, 10:01 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Why no savings? When young, YOLO issit? When old WUD?

Inflation is robber of investment and saving.

Just look at everything in last 5 years, how many is not increase than official inflation numbers
If it continue, many will used up sooner.

Is important for govt to create decent jobs till 59years old.

By 60 years many cannot work full time any more due to health issues.

(20-06-2024, 08:00 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Inflation is robber of investment and saving. Just look at everything in last 5 years, how many is not increase than official inflation numbers If it continue, many will used up sooner. Is important for govt to create decent jobs till 59years old. By 60 years many cannot work full time any more due to health issues.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOo5Ko_CUX-s_yjXpA0rm...RqfWP6LA&s]
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post