Old man told me : Many ideas started in S'pore and became massive world wide

Friday coffeeshop more people than expected drinking beer because pf good Friday. I only do it once in a while but regulars are there like a fixture.

Yesterday old mqn started becoming very chatty after a few beers and taling about stuff started in Singapore long long time ago and became world trends:

1. America Got Talent? ...Simon Cowell? Long before AGT , the Voice,  RTS (predecessor of Media Corp) organised something called Talent Time. Format is same as many today's talent show where the contestant is interviewed then goes on to perform ...many are not bad.

2. Private hire vehicles PHV. Turn your private car into a hire vehicle? Long before Uber thought of this Singapore in the 1960s already have something similar called ba wang  chia (hokkien) where people use their cars to ferry others and earn a.fare. But govt stop this so they can earn from licensing taxis.

Don't believe? Here is a write up.of this.

https://www.ethozgroup.com/1960s-singapore-grab-gojek/

3. Today have grab food and food panda. 50yrs ago.we already have tingkat delivery.

4. Long before LGBT movement Singapore pioneered sex change operation to help Trans to become women. We also have place at Bugis where Trans can openly go and expressive themselves. The western world looks Liberal today are miles behind Singapore that accepted trans people
decades ago.
[Image: XJZsptR.jpg]

5. Long before recycling trends Singapore already have Karung Guni man who basically recycles used items.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

The power of small

i used to take the 'pa hong chia' from jb to singapore whenever i went to the longest shopping mall holiday inn or plaza

(08-04-2023, 08:50 AM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  i used to take the 'pa hong chia' from jb to singapore whenever i went to the longest shopping mall holiday inn or plaza

Holiday Plaza? I think j pass by before last yr ...looks like haunted.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Can call the Pa Hong Chia to fetch the durian to Singapore.

Even tong- kat food in the 50s

I see on old TV drama our ideas now become Food Delivery, too

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(08-04-2023, 06:52 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Friday coffeeshop more people than expected drinking beer because pf good Friday. I only do it once in a while but regulars are there like a fixture.

Yesterday old mqn started becoming very chatty after a few beers and taling about stuff started in Singapore long long time ago and became world trends:

1. America Got Talent? ...Simon Cowell? Long before AGT , the Voice,  RTS (predecessor of Media Corp) organised something called Talent Time. Format is same as many today's talent show where the contestant is interviewed then goes on to perform ...many are not bad.

2. Private hire vehicles PHV. Turn your private car into a hire vehicle? Long before Uber thought of this Singapore in the 1960s already have something similar called ba wang  chia (hokkien) where people use their cars to ferry others and earn a.fare. But govt stop this so they can earn from licensing taxis.

Don't believe? Here is a write up.of this.

https://www.ethozgroup.com/1960s-singapore-grab-gojek/

3. Today have grab food and food panda. 50yrs ago.we already have tingkat delivery.

4. Long before LGBT movement Singapore pioneered sex change operation to help Trans to become women. We also have place at Bugis where Trans can openly go and expressive themselves. The western world looks Liberal today are miles behind Singapore that accepted trans people
decades ago.
[Image: XJZsptR.jpg]

5. Long before recycling trends Singapore already have Karung Guni man who basically recycles used items.
Countries are run by smart citizen.  Big Grin

Erp is copied in a few places, but not coe which would definitely result in riots