One of My American client post this on FB just now

Hard Truths indeed

" Note to younger people, Do not be loyal to your place of work, They will not do the same for you. You are a thing that is either advantageous or not. Going the extra mile is quickly forgotten.
Loyalty meaningless. If something better comes along offer made, Take it without a second thought. Trust me they won't give you one. "

It is a transaction. You do a task you get paid. No loyalty to talk about. This is modern day employment mantra. Employer loyalty belong to our parents and above era

(05-02-2023, 12:44 AM)sgh Wrote:  It is a transaction. You do a task you get paid. No loyalty to talk about. This is modern day employment mantra. Employer loyalty belong to our parents and above era

Depend , you post leh , How about those PAP folks?

even get voted out STILL Can Serve in TOP position , good an example see Ng C M ?

His resident already voted him out yet He can present the WHOLE Singaporean workers as in NTUC ???

(05-02-2023, 12:46 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Depend , you post leh , How about those PAP folks?

even get voted out STILL Can Serve in TOP position , good an example see Ng C M ?

His resident already voted him out yet He can present the WHOLE Singaporean workers as in NTUC ???

You pick on the wrong thing.

They can say NTUC not part of govt and is selected by its own committee all the while.

Also incoming President must have be people elected is more important.

(05-02-2023, 12:38 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Hard Truths indeed

" Note to younger people, Do not be loyal to your place of work, They will not do the same for you. You are a thing that is either advantageous or not. Going the extra mile is quickly forgotten.
Loyalty meaningless. If something better comes along offer made, Take it without a second thought. Trust me they won't give you one. "
Then you go tell your RICH UNCLE that your loyalty to his company is meaningless then let us know his response.  .. Big Grin .

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

Ang Mo culture is always fire and hire.. At least they tell you upfront this is their culture.

The worst is local company who try to preach loyalty during good time, when bad time comes, also fire and hire.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(05-02-2023, 10:14 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Then you go tell your RICH UNCLE that your loyalty to his company is meaningless then let us know his response.  .. Big Grin .

Smile Different Tongue partly I'm his NEPHEW.

you must see ok , " own relative " vs " strangers "

(05-02-2023, 10:16 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Ang Mo culture is always fire and hire.. At least they tell you upfront this is their culture.

The worst is local company who try to preach loyalty during good time, when bad time comes, also fire and hire.

Hypocrites is the word

Yea Smile Ang Mo at least is DIRECT. of course ' sometimes hypocrites too but not much"

(05-02-2023, 11:05 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile Different Tongue partly I'm his NEPHEW.

you must see ok , " own relative " vs " strangers "

My American friends told me relatives are worst than friends. Cannot be trusted. ... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung