Ong Ye Kung:People need to act to avoid Covid-19 cases doubling to 3,200 cases daily

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...ng-ye-kung

The number of Covid-19 cases here has doubled twice since Aug 23 and could double three more times before falling and stabilising, Health Minister Ong Ye Kung said on Friday (Sept 10).

He noted that around 100 cases were reported on Aug 23.

"From then, it's been rising along a very steep curve," Mr Ong said at a virtual press conference of the multi-ministry task force tackling Covid-19.

Mr Ong, who co-chairs the task force, said that based on the experiences of other highly vaccinated countries, Covid-19 transmission waves do not last forever and will usually take about 30 to 40 days to peak before numbers fall and stabilise.

However, during that period, daily cases can double every 10 days - which means Singapore should be prepared for four to five doubling cycles, added Mr Ong.

He said the nation is now in the process of seeing cases double from 400 to 800 a day.

"Beyond that, if we think in terms of five doubling cycles, there's two more to go - meaning daily cases may double from 800 to 1,600 and 1,600 to 3,200, hitting a peak before starting to come down and stabilise," he said, adding that whether or not this happens depends on the collective actions of everyone here.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

I am sure there are many people who will ignore such " collective efforts" unless there is a hefty fine.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

Whatever he says will always turn to 'gold' or vice versa... he is infamous for this trademark

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(10-09-2021, 09:35 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...ng-ye-kung

The number of Covid-19 cases here has doubled twice since Aug 23 and could double three more times before falling and stabilising, Health Minister Ong Ye Kung said on Friday (Sept 10).

He noted that around 100 cases were reported on Aug 23.

"From then, it's been rising along a very steep curve," Mr Ong said at a virtual press conference of the multi-ministry task force tackling Covid-19.

Mr Ong, who co-chairs the task force, said that based on the experiences of other highly vaccinated countries, Covid-19 transmission waves do not last forever and will usually take about 30 to 40 days to peak before numbers fall and stabilise.

He is applying the stock market idiot wave on us or what?............. Angry

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(10-09-2021, 10:21 PM)Symmetry Wrote:  I am sure there are many people who will ignore such " collective efforts" unless there is a hefty fine.

Very strange, he didnt know 只有好人才会follow laws? Thinking

Everytime when someone breaks a law, a new or amended law will implement, but most of the time it actually punishes and creates bitterness for the majority of the ppl who never break the law in the first place.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

They made a bloody mistake trying to por ang moh lumpar by pushing for mRNA vaccinations then opening up. Now trying to push the problem to us saying people need to act. KNNBCCB lah. Approve inactivated vaccines and things will get better lah.
[+] 2 users Like winbig's post

HC said we spread woh

knn

It is shocking when he now shift the blame to people when it was the govt who cam eup with the live with covid endemic strategy.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

People need to act and the gov sit and watch?

These grossly overpaid clowns should commit harakiri by now.
[+] 2 users Like Alice Alicia's post

You can see people staying in the Bukit Timah area walking around their estates without masks. Recipe for another cluster?

tomorrow will be a better day

there are aso countries/regions having cases doubling down, not all doubling up. must find out how did they do it

For the elderly, living in SG is horrible.

Told one grandpa who lives near my block in Chinese to wear his masks up due to risk involved.

He replied-  死了就算了

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(11-09-2021, 09:43 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  there are aso countries/regions having cases doubling down, not all doubling up. must find out how did they do it

Yeap.

HK Taiwan and China have nearly zero cases and they are so much bigger than SG in size and population.

So OYK told people to act as he predicts 3,200 daily infection coming soon. How else more can we act other than wear mask, use sanitizer, keep safe distancing, take vaccination while he just watch the numbers rising and not doing anything more to preempt the rise?....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(11-09-2021, 09:43 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  there are aso countries/regions having cases doubling down, not all doubling up. must find out how did they do it

Overall number world wide is coming down, sg meanwhile is against the trend going up,

We has not really open up.

There must be somewhere go wrong.

Give the worst scenario. If it happened, he will say he already say so. If don't happen, then can claim credit.