Otters raid Bukit Timah home's pond for koi, return for seconds and third

Otters raid Bukit Timah home's pond for koi, return for seconds and thirds within days

Read more đź“Ť https://bit.ly/3hdj0wi

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates.
[+] 2 users Like Bigiron's post

(07-11-2022, 01:35 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Otters raid Bukit Timah home's pond for koi, return for seconds and thirds within days

Read more đź“Ť https://bit.ly/3hdj0wi

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates.

Free lunch and dinner leh! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

Changi Hospital also has a big fish pond

But not sure if otters are seen in the East or not?
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

https://youtu.be/FEynfJ8g4fU?t=658
[+] 1 user Likes Rubitin's post

(07-11-2022, 03:45 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Changi Hospital also has a big fish pond

that one just recovered heart attack patient go stroll walk walk the garden area, see the bloody and headless giant Pangasius monster fish will relapse, collapse and mati on the spot
[+] 2 users Like limpeh394's post

Bukit Timah area plenty of landed properties rich people sure have plenty of fish ponds one lah! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like cheekopekman's post

There’s a Pasir Ris otter family I believe. They’re everywhere...
[+] 2 users Like Ichigo's post

(07-11-2022, 04:02 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  There’s a Pasir Ris otter family I believe. They’re everywhere...

That's bad

PAP better do something about this, before a human is killed by them
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(07-11-2022, 04:02 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  There’s a Pasir Ris otter family I believe. They’re everywhere...

How many families are there leh?  Thinking Where are they all leh?
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(07-11-2022, 04:07 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  That's bad

They love fish lah! Better not let them go to Jurong Fish Port hor! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like cheekopekman's post

(07-11-2022, 04:07 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  That's bad

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asi...story.html

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who encountered a family of otters frolicking in the yard of the president’s official residence, took a stand. Singaporeans “must find ways to coexist and thrive with our local flora and fauna,” he wrote in a Facebook post.
[+] 3 users Like Ichigo's post

(07-11-2022, 04:08 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  How many families are there leh?  Thinking Where are they all leh?

At least 10 different families from what I read. One article stated 17 families in total, dunno zhun bo.
Saw them many times before, those I saw were shy and ran off if humans went too close. Just don’t go close or disturb them especially when they have young with them. Saw a video of a monitor lizard being mauled by them. Think the monitor lizard wanted to eat the young lah.

(07-11-2022, 04:13 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asi...story.html

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who encountered a family of otters frolicking in the yard of the president’s official residence, took a stand. Singaporeans “must find ways to coexist and thrive with our local flora and fauna,” he wrote in a Facebook post.

Really, this old fart is really full of sheet

If we like nature, we can go to Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Australia nearby

Singapore is too small for co-existing and we dun even allow big domestic dogs and cats in the HDB flats, how do Sinkies know how to live with them

Our snake catchers, from SCDF, and that organization Wild I think, see the way these "experts" catch the phyton, I already give up, no standard at all, the snake catcher from India, see how efficient he catches the cobra, so LHL, you better go for a head examination
[+] 2 users Like Sentinel's post

In Japan they keep small clawed otters as pets. Some of these otters are celebrities.

Good job Otters! Minister in charge to kiss their arses
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

How do otters taste like? Tiagong otter meat not very nice that’s why nobody wants to eat them.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

So lost how much in cash units??

Otter meat can eat? Taste like pork chicken beef or mutton?
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

funny why Minister landed house don't have encounter?

or they don't rear fish?

if they happen to rear perhaps they got dog?
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(07-11-2022, 05:49 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  How do otters taste like? Tiagong otter meat not very nice that’s why nobody wants to eat them.

Tiagong tastes like sio bak hor  Big Grin

Otter Meat is dark red, fine grained, moist and tender, and when properly prepared, is similar in flavour to roast pork. It is usually slow-cooked in a broth, and was a valuable food source to Native Americans.

WHO BOUGHT IT ALL THESE

FREERIDER!

(07-11-2022, 04:08 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  How many families are there leh?  Thinking Where are they all leh?

Total number about 170 now in 17 families. 5 years ago around 80. Population explosion liao.
Smooth Coated Otters are classified as vulnerable and are protected species.
Next time you walk near the longkang can try looking for them. There’s one family that is nomadic and sometimes travel around in the longkangs.
[+] 1 user Likes Ichigo's post

(07-11-2022, 07:34 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  Total number about 170 now in 17 families. 5 years ago around 80. Population explosion liao.
Smooth Coated Otters are classified as vulnerable and are protected species.
Next time you walk near the longkang can try looking for them. There’s one family that is nomadic and sometimes travel around in the longkangs.

Barbequed otters yum yum Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

(07-11-2022, 07:49 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Barbequed otters yum yum Big Grin

Actually from my guess they should taste a bit fishy since they eat so much fish
Bo ho jiak I suspect
Their urine very fishy smell one

(07-11-2022, 08:25 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  Actually from my guess they should taste a bit fishy since they eat so much fish
Bo ho jiak I suspect
Their urine very fishy smell one

Some meimei meow meow with yeast infection also smell the same huan Big Grin

Some group of ppl no difference from these animals otters. They also 'raid' taxpayers money. Haiz

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.
[+] 1 user Likes Rainforest's post

If the owner set trap what will happen?

Returning for 2nd or 3rd time suggest no other food source can be located elsewhere by the roaming otter party
[+] 1 user Likes red3's post