Diabetes testing ...genetic protection?

Last week went for regular test for this.

Drank one cup.of medical sugar drink. Then doctor took blood at regular intervals

[Image: tbLy0K0.jpg]

I went back to see doctor again yesterday. He show the chart of "normal" result vs mine. Shows my blood sugar falling rapidly vs normal. If person have opposite means possibility of pre diabetes or diabetes.

Since very few patients there I could ask doctor more questions. I ask him like how come some people can drink coke everyday and don't get diabetes and others seem to get easily.

He told me our body evolve to eat only 10% of sugar we eat on average today. So we are all stressing our bodies with the diet we have ...in.ancient times refined  sugar is rare. The mojnt of sugar in one coke.or bubble tea is like one month intake in past so we are loading our bodies to the extreme.

It's all genetic whether your body can take it or not. We all should cut down anyway.

He ask me if any family mber has diabetes...I told him father side and mother side don't seem to have a single case ...he said tends to run in the family once a few get the rest have to watch out.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

https://youtu.be/u5gGv40zuME

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Gestational diabetes is high blood sugar (glucose) that develops during pregnancy and usually disappears after giving birth. It can happen at any stage of pregnancy, but is more common in the second or third trimester.

(18-08-2021, 09:36 AM)cityhantam Wrote:   Gestational diabetes is high blood sugar (glucose) that develops during pregnancy and usually disappears after giving birth. It can happen at any stage of pregnancy, but is more common in the second or third trimester.
Apologies...cut and paste wrong test. I was given glucose tolerance test.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(18-08-2021, 08:58 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Last week went for regular test for this.

Drank one cup.of medical sugar drink. Then doctor took blood at regular intervals

[Image: tbLy0K0.jpg]

I went back to see doctor again yesterday. He show the chart of "normal" result vs mine. Shows my blood sugar falling rapidly vs normal. If person have opposite means possibility of pre diabetes or diabetes.

Since very few patients there I could ask doctor more questions. I ask him like how come some people can drink coke everyday and don't get diabetes and others seem to get easily.

He told me our body evolve to eat only 10% of sugar we eat on average today. So we are all stressing our bodies with the diet we have ...in.ancient times refined  sugar is rare. The mojnt of sugar in one coke.or bubble tea is like one month intake in past so we are loading our bodies to the extreme.

It's all genetic whether your body can take it or not. We all should cut down anyway.

He ask me if any family mber has diabetes...I told him father side and mother side don't seem to have a single case ...he said tends to run in the family once a few get the rest have to watch out.

U have diabetes?

(18-08-2021, 09:49 AM)dynamite Wrote:  U have diabetes?

Thank god no.

But every few yrs I test for it in case.
I plan various health tests throughout a 2-3yr period 
to track for various diseases especially those that improve survival odds if found early.

(18-08-2021, 10:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Thank god no.

to track for various diseases especially those that improve survival odds if found early.

Just now I saw a 70 year old man order beef noodle with added noodle and also a bowl of white rice.

weather turning cold. wear more clothing to reduce effect of colder air.
so your body no need to work so hard to warm the air before it reach the lung.

good health to all.

Whether you get chronic illness only depends on 2 factors imo based on my research and observations.

Ever notice some very heavy bodies eating and enjoying huge amount of food yet they do not have diabetes or other health problems?

Genetics is one, the other is whether you get enough sleep.

(18-08-2021, 01:12 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Whether you get chronic illness only depends on 2 factors imo based on my research and observations.

Ever notice some very heavy bodies eating and enjoying huge amount of food yet they do not have diabetes or other health problems?

Genetics is one, the other is whether you get enough sleep.

You hit the nail on the head.

You have any tips on sleep?

(18-08-2021, 10:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Thank god no.

Can share you planned health check schedule and which vitall organ and what type of checks.

May be I can follow as I have not vax yet and need these checks ........ Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(18-08-2021, 02:00 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Can share you planned health check schedule and which vitall organ and what type of checks.

May be I can follow as I have not vax yet and need these checks ........ Rolleyes

1. Every year full body check up urine blood cancer market stool tests. $300

2. Every 5yrs heart calcium score test.

3. Every 2 yrs glucose tolerance tests because standard blood test is not that accurate.

4. Collonoscopy Every 5yrs-8yrs.

5. Endoscopy plan every 8yrs but have not gone for 1st one yet 

6. Every 2 yrs liver and kidney ultra sound.

(18-08-2021, 02:12 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  1. Every year full body check up urine blood cancer market stool tests. $300

2. Every 5yrs heart calcium score test.

3. Every 2 yrs glucose tolerance tests because standard blood test is not that accurate.

4. Collonoscopy Every 5yrs-8yrs.

5. Endoscopy plan every 8yrs but have not gone for 1st one yet 

6. Every 2 yrs liver and kidney ultra sound.

Looks good. Where you get these tests. Currently I only do a full blood test every year with Healthway Medical.......

Carl Jung

(18-08-2021, 02:18 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Looks good. Where you get these tests. Currently I only do a full blood test every year with Healthway Medical.......
I go through polyclinic.

(18-08-2021, 02:20 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I go through polyclinic.

Ok thks.....

Carl Jung

(18-08-2021, 01:47 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You hit the nail on the head.

You have any tips on sleep?

You better sleep no less than 6hrs. 

I average 3.5-4hrs, so I have lots of chronic ills, also my family history has diabetes and high cholesterol.