Alibaba direct from factory sales soars on new model cutting out middle men

This is a great model for consumers. Factory make product we buy the product direct. Why need to go through middle men distributors and pay all these extra costs.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Retail/...s-in-China

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

That why I don’t understand why when we buy from TaoBao the whole process have to involve warehousing and enagage a third party to deliver which already taken so much time before even delivery to Singapore.

For Alibaba, you need to pay for the custom and logistics. The cost can be quite high for big items unless you have a warehouse in China that does the shipment. The cost of the item is $70 but the logistics cost is about twice $140. For smaller items, the manufacturers can make the shipments.

Alibaba is from the manufacturers. Taobao has greater varieties including small middlemen and players. However, the latter is subjected to less quality control. Aliexpress stands in the middle.

It is always about the storage and delivery on top of the items price itself. And since my items are small and cheap I have no choice but to turn to platform like Lazada, Shopee, Ezybuy, Aliexpress etc.

For the China ppl in Spore in their neigborhood they got some enterprising China man/woman form a group that will collate everyone orders and then order from China and then send to Spore by SHIP Yes you read correct they use ship shipping means you better have good patience to wait.

Lazada, Shopee all items (unless stated is ship) take aeroplane so faster but still need to clear their customs and Spore customs also is about 1+ week. I got one Lazada new seller never check clear the air freight charges after I order ask me to cancel as they never factor in when they put out the price. So Lazada, Shopee items price are with airfreight etc charges included unless is new seller dunno the rules. From that incident I am now stunned the airfreight monies can be on par with the item price or even higher (How I know is that seller re-priced that item after I cancel my order). No wonder some seller need bulk purchase to lower their cost before they can send to Spore.

(20-12-2023, 02:51 PM)sgh Wrote:  It is always about the storage and delivery on top of the items price itself. And since my items are small and cheap I have no choice but to turn to platform like Lazada, Shopee, Ezybuy, Aliexpress etc.

For the China ppl in Spore in their neigborhood they got some enterprising China man/woman form a group that will collate everyone orders and then order from China and then send to Spore by SHIP Yes you read correct they use ship shipping means you better have good patience to wait.

Lazada, Shopee all items (unless stated is ship) take aeroplane so faster but still need to clear their customs and Spore customs also is about 1+ week. I got one Lazada new seller never check clear the air freight charges after I order ask me to cancel as they never factor in when they put out the price. So Lazada, Shopee items price are with airfreight etc charges included unless is new seller dunno the rules. From that incident I am now stunned the airfreight monies can be on par with the item price or even higher (How I know is that seller re-priced that item after I cancel my order). No wonder some seller need bulk purchase to lower their cost before they can send to Spore.

i thought Alibaba must order in bulk only ?

for normal users, Shoppe or Lazada still more practical lah

(20-12-2023, 07:50 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  That why I don’t understand why when we buy from TaoBao the whole process have to involve warehousing and enagage a third party to deliver which already taken so much time before even delivery to Singapore.

becos factory usually want orders of 5000 to 10000 pcs
so they need a small retailer to buy 5000pcs and sell 1 or 2 pcs to u each time

maybe now tens of thousands china factory close down
so maybe now they willing to sell u a few pcs at a time...most of the retailers all kaput...

You bought some items from Lazada now also very cheap. I also quite surprised.

Well done Taobao and Lazada!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"