93 yo woman gave this good news to Einstein College of medicine

Imagine if you are one of these students...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024...n-new-york

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

When David died in 2022, he bequeathed a portfolio of stock in Berkshire Hathaway to Ruth, with the instructions for her to do with it as she pleased. Wanting to support education, Gottesman announced a $1 billion gift to AECOM in February 2024 to provide free tuition to all its students in perpetuity.[12][13]

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Let's say each student's tuition is about 82k per yr, total 4 yrs, and each yr over 300 students

1,000,000,000 ÷ 82000 ÷ 300 = 40

So it can last about 40yrs

(09-03-2024, 12:57 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Let's say each student's tuition is about 82k per yr, total 4 yrs, and each yr over 300 students

1,000,000,000 ÷ 82000 ÷ 300 = 40

So it can last about 40yrs

Please read what I posted, the $$ donated is in form of Berkshire stock...$1B...just using returns is more than enough to fund

(09-03-2024, 01:05 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Please read what I posted, the $$ donated is in form of Berkshire stock...$1B...just using returns is more than enough to fund

I said if 1b is to be used to pay for tuition can last for 40 yrs. Anything wrong with that? Or you hv comprehension problems?

(09-03-2024, 01:20 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  I said if 1b is to be used to pay for tuition can last for 40 yrs. Anything wrong with that? Or you hv comprehension problems?

Like I said it does not work that way such a large sum is always invested for returns. So to conclude that it last 40yrs is wrong.

(09-03-2024, 01:27 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Like I said it does not work that way such a large sum is always invested for returns. So to conclude that it last 40yrs is wrong.

How cum a simple post with a few lines you aso couldn't understand? Brain blockage or degeneration?

Imagine the billion dollar SGD in sg govt budget just passed once in parliament to benefit local citizen students studies for eternity .....