PAP must improve it communicates, its policies and on it opposition's: Lawrence Wong

(06-11-2023, 03:43 PM)Oyk Wrote:  What empty rhetoric.. you wrote a lot with no substance. You only wrote your opinion, what you think, but nobody needs to agree hor.  Rolleyes

(06-11-2023, 03:43 PM)Oyk Wrote:  At least most agreed I have a beautiful daughter in law

[Image: My-beautiful-DIL.jpg]

Laughing Laughing

(05-11-2023, 03:47 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Ysh02 30/09/2023. (06:56AM)
"I think after GE 2025 lah....LW need to passed his PM probation period one year mah...."

It is be'4 GE 2025. If very things is ok... Clapping  

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Why-is-this-th...-step-down
Highlight.... Smile

Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong, who has spent 25 years in the public service, says "the biggest responsibility of all" lies ahead of him. 

In Singapore Politics, his hand is full of work, he cannot fully 100% fulfill about, till all his hair turn all white, white...  Undecided

TO FULLY realise its vision for Singapore, the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) will need a continued mandate from voters that goes beyond a single term. This goal, said Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong on Sunday (Nov 5), depends on whether the party can continue to win the support of Singaporeans and be elected to form the government.

“The people’s support is not a given. The PAP may have won every election since 1959, but we can easily lose the next,” he said in a speech at the PAP’s awards and convention.

“I do not assume that the PAP will win the next GE (general election) convincingly, or even win it outright.”

(06-11-2023, 12:32 PM)talky Wrote:  wow!
many dragons n tigers here with IQ >80

V GD ANALYTICAL ASSESSMENT
It like one and half year to comfirm as DPM. Tongue and another one year for the PM job.  Sleepy

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...nt-2626176

After consulting the ministers, Mr Lee asked former Cabinet minister and People's Action Party (PAP) Chairman Khaw Boon Wan to start a process involving the ministers

Eeeee why your son got so bad taste?
You choose for him s it?

Thinking Oyk:Tempt peepur at their Archilles Point: GREED

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said on Sunday (Nov 5) that he will hand over leadership to Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong before the next General Election, which has to be called by November 2025.

Shedding more light on the ruling People's Action Party's (PAP) transition plans, Mr Lee – who is the party's secretary-general – added that “if all goes well”, he will do so by the PAP’s 70th birthday on Nov 21 next year.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...er-3898156
Mr Lee was addressing more than 1,000 party members at the biennial PAP awards and convention held at the Singapore Expo, following speeches by Mr Wong, Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat and several new PAP faces.

Mr Wong was endorsed as the leader of the party’s fourth-generation, or 4G, team last year after the 62-year-old Mr Heng stepped aside so that a younger leader with a “longer runway” could take over.

Mr Lee previously said he hoped to step down before his 70th birthday, which was in February 2022. However, the plan was disrupted by the pandemic.

Improve my lancheow! Already 60 years in power! Now then remember

Thinking Oyk:Tempt peepur at their Archilles Point: GREED

(06-11-2023, 08:16 PM)starbugstk Wrote:  Improve my lancheow! Already 60 years in power! Now then remember
Singapore’s PM Lee Hsien Loong will hand over power to deputy Lawrence Wong ‘before next general election’. 

Lee and Wong said the ruling People’s Action Party would be ‘refreshed’ by its 70th anniversary next year and ready to ‘win the confidence’ of voters

Announcing the handover at a party convention, an emotional Lee said the challenge for the PAP was to ensure Singapore continued to be well-governed and ‘stand out’ globally.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will hand over the premiership to anointed successor Lawrence Wong by next November, entrusting his deputy to lead the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) into the next general election.

Speaking at a party convention on Sunday, both referred to one marker of the much-talked about handover: the PAP’s 70th anniversary on November 21 next year.

Wong said by then, the PAP would be renewed and refreshed to be a party for everyone, not just its supporters.

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/pm-lee...n-nov-2024

(07-11-2023, 09:40 AM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Singapore’s PM Lee Hsien Loong will hand over power to deputy Lawrence Wong ‘before next general election’. 

Lee and Wong said the ruling People’s Action Party would be ‘refreshed’ by its 70th anniversary next year and ready to ‘win the confidence’ of voters

Announcing the handover at a party convention, an emotional Lee said the challenge for the PAP was to ensure Singapore continued to be well-governed and ‘stand out’ globally.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will hand over the premiership to anointed successor Lawrence Wong by next November, entrusting his deputy to lead the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) into the next general election.

Speaking at a party convention on Sunday, both referred to one marker of the much-talked about handover: the PAP’s 70th anniversary on November 21 next year.

Wong said by then, the PAP would be renewed and refreshed to be a party for everyone, not just its supporters.

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/pm-lee...n-nov-2024
PM Lee: Describing "everything depends on the success of this third transition in our history", he stated that "leadership transition for any country is always tricky" and "many things can go awry".

However, he noted that it's a decision he has thought over carefully and discussed thoroughly with DPM Wong and the other ministers, "both 3G and 4G".

Decision to handover the reins before next GE, PM Lee stated that 4G team had "earned their spurs" during the Covid-19 crisis and R-increasingly "setting the national agenda".

"Lawrence and the 4G team have been serving for many years now. They have taken on greater responsibilities, and are preparing well to take the helm. They earned their spurs during Covid-19 and increasingly, they are setting the national agenda," he stated.

Highlighting other achievements of the 4G team, Mr Lee shared how there is "no reason to delay the political transition". "Lawrence has told me that he is ready... I have full confidence in Lawrence and his team and there is no reason to delay the political transition," noted PM Lee. "Therefore, I intend to hand over to DPM Lawrence before the next general election."

He continued: "After that, I will be at the new PM's disposal, I will go wherever he thinks I can be useful, I will do my best to help him and his team to fight and win the next GE, and to fulfil their responsibilities. I want to help him fulfil his responsibilities leading the country, so that Singapore can continue to succeed beyond me and my 3G minister colleagues, for many, many more years to come."

PM Lee also shared how he'd wanted to pass the baton to the 4G leaders by his 70th birthday, but plans were derailed due to the pandemic.

PM Lee said, "I am already 71 years old. B'cos of Covid-19, he said, he missed his previous target, which was to handover and step down before I was 70 years old. "But next year is the PAP's 70th anniversary, so  if all goes well, I will hand over by the PAP's 70th birthday next year. It is not my birthday, but I will borrow it for this purpose!" Mr Lee said, to laughter among the audience.
PM Lee turned emotional cry crying and laugh Smile again as he reminisced on his close to two decades serving as prime minister.

"It has been my great fortune and honour to have served the country, first in the SAF, and then in the Party and government, for all my adult life," said PM Lee, his voice breaking, noting that he has been a PM "for almost 20 years".

'I am ready for my next assignment': DPM Wong
DPM Wong himself had shared in his opening speech at the convention how people have been asking when the leadership transition would happen.

"I tell them, Akan datang [coming soon]; it's a matter of time," said DPM Wong.

In the conclusion to his speech, DPM Wong noted that he is ready to take on the mantle as the country's next PM.

"So comrades, standing before all of you at this Convention, today I say, I am ready for my next assignment," said Wong, who added that he "will not be in this alone".

"I will have a team of 4G leaders whom I have worked closely with over the years. We are ready to lead. And I will have the advice of Sec-Gen, SM Teo and other 3G Ministers who will continue to serve. They have been excellent mentors and role models, and I value their advice and inputs. And I know I will have the support of each and every one of you - your ideas, your passion, and your hard work on the ground, as we walk this journey together."

just don't harm the population can liao
populus most only can understand 123 and not 4

(05-11-2023, 02:39 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  PAP must improve how it communicates, highlight differences between its policies and opposition's: Lawrence Wong

Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong also addressed the leadership transition, and says he is ready for his "next assignment".

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...on-3898196
PAP must improve how it communicates – not just rely on government communications – making it clear what it stands for and its long-term plans.

"We need to highlight the differences between the policies of the PAP and the policies of the opposition," said Mr Wong, adding that in most areas the opposition's proposed policies are "shades of the PAP's policies".

"But in some areas, the positions are fundamentally different, and we must explain why our approach is better for Singapore and Singaporeans."

Policies do not happen in a vacuum and are driven by politics, said Mr Wong, adding that long-term policies require "political durability and consistency" to follow through.
Planning for consistency" to follow through.

Planning workable solutions is better and best.

Can at times created long term help for people's in some Big Grin situations. Like upping old age to help old workers, their home control, helping young and old, convincing seniors to taking up work Clapping i
[Image: Screenshot-20230718-223123-You-Tube.jpg]

a positively in helping to stay healthy.

(06-11-2023, 04:37 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  It like one and half year to comfirm as DPM. Tongue and another one year for the PM job.  Sleepy

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...nt-2626176

After consulting the ministers, Mr Lee asked former Cabinet minister and People's Action Party (PAP) Chairman Khaw Boon Wan to start a process involving the ministers
Snap Insight: Lawrence Wong’s new PAP post cements future position as first among equals in the party and Government

Even if leadership handover is not imminent, PAP leaders are reinforcing that it is certain with the new key role for Lawrence Wong, says Institute of Policy Studies’ Dr Gillian Koh.

SINGAPORE: The People’s Action Party (PAP) 37th Central Executive Committee (CEC), members of which were elected by party cadre on Nov 6, announced on Saturday that it created a new post - deputy secretary-general - for its two-year term.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/commenta...er-3102826
It us a 1st for G4 plus backup by G3  Clapping

(06-11-2023, 06:02 PM)starbugstk Wrote:  Eeeee why your son got so bad taste?
You choose for him s it?

[Image: Screenshot-20231012-162746-You-Tube.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20231029-143129-You-Tube.jpg]

(08-11-2023, 05:22 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20231012-162746-You-Tube.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20231029-143129-You-Tube.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20231029-142956-You-Tube.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20231029-101123-You-Tube.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20231029-140929-Chrome.jpg]

(06-11-2023, 03:52 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  21 Nov 2024, is ONLY a year more... Clapping

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/singapo...ing-pm-job

TO FULLY realise its vision for Singapore, the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) will need a continued mandate from voters that goes beyond a single term. This goal, said Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong on Sunday (Nov 5), depends on whether the party can continue to win the support of Singaporeans and be elected to form the government.

“The people’s support is not a given. The PAP may have won every election since 1959, but we can easily lose the next,” he said in a speech at the PAP’s awards and convention.

“I do not assume that the PAP will win the next GE (general election) convincingly, or even win it outright.”

The basic truth is they have lost touch with the common people. They can talk tilll the cows come home and it still does not solve any problems. I’ve not relied on them for donkey years. I’ve slogged and worked since I left school till I’ve retired. I don’t depend on their policies and can last till I leave this mortal shell behind when I pass on.

tomorrow will be a better day

(08-11-2023, 05:41 PM)surfer Wrote:  The basic truth is they have lost touch with the common people. They can talk tilll the cows come home and it still does not solve any problems. I’ve not relied on them for donkey years. I’ve slogged and worked since I left school till I’ve retired. I don’t depend on their policies and can last till I leave this mortal shell behind when I pass on.
The ruling party is revolving still, from LKY time to his Son. To 3G now, then to 4G. Good or bad, we all  Singaporean folks have to move along... Big Grin Tongue

(08-11-2023, 06:11 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  The ruling party is revolving still, from LKY time to his Son. To 3G now, then to 4G. Good or bad, we all  Singaporean folks have to move along... Big Grin Tongue

Analysis: Here are some markers to watch. 

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said that he will be handing over leadership reins to DPM Lawrence Wong before the next General Election, possibly by November next year

While Mr Lee had previously signalled his intention to step down, this was the most concrete timeline given and set the handover clock in motion

Updated November 8, 2023 -- SINGAPORE — On Sunday (Nov 5), Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced that he will be handing over the leadership reins to DPM Lawrence Wong before next General Election (GE). Fact is, “if all goes well”, this could happen ahead of the ruling People’s Action Party’s (PAP) 70th birthday on Nov 21 next year.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/an...ch-2299611

🤯🤠👱👨🧔‍♂️🧔‍♀️🧔👨‍🦰👨‍🦱👩‍🦰🧑‍🦰👱‍♀️🙆💁‍♂️💁🤦‍♀️🙋🙋

[Image: Screenshot-20230901-230357-Whats-App.jpg]

That is the end! So much time and money wasted on brochures, repeated messages, wayang on socail media and weekly TV programs yet they are still lost.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

(08-11-2023, 08:55 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  🤯🤠👱👨🧔‍♂️🧔‍♀️🧔👨‍🦰👨‍🦱👩‍🦰🧑‍🦰👱‍♀️🙆💁‍♂️💁🤦‍♀️🙋🙋

[Image: Screenshot-20230901-230357-Whats-App.jpg]

𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗺𝘂𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗻𝗮𝗺, 𝗮 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀. When he is Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for Social Policies.

He, Tharman Shanmugaratnam had  signalled his intention to work with DPM Lawrence Wong standing in now as a Singapore president. The the newest team in year 21 Nov 2024.

SINGAPORE News: - Chinese Vice-President Han Zheng meeting President Tharman Shanmugaratnam at the Istana on Nov 8

Chinese Vice-President Han Zheng called on President Tharman Shanmugaratnam on Wednesday, in his first official visit in his current capacity to Singapore.

He was also hosted to lunch by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and met Deputy Prime Minister and Coordinating Minister for Economic Policies Heng Swee Keat.

(05-11-2023, 03:36 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The fact that they think it's a problem of communication shows that they're disconnected from the people.

It is not the communication of policies, but the policies themselves that are heaping hardship on S'poreans.  

(08-11-2023, 09:08 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗺𝘂𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗻𝗮𝗺, 𝗮 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀. When he is Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for Social Policies.

He, Tharman Shanmugaratnam had  signalled his intention to work with DPM Lawrence Wong standing in now as a Singapore president. The the newest team in year 21 Nov 2024.

SINGAPORE News: - Chinese Vice-President Han Zheng meeting President Tharman Shanmugaratnam at the Istana on Nov 8

Chinese Vice-President Han Zheng called on President Tharman Shanmugaratnam on Wednesday, in his first official visit in his current capacity to Singapore.

He was also hosted to lunch by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and met Deputy Prime Minister and Coordinating Minister for Economic Policies Heng Swee Keat.

China - Chinese Vice-President Han Zheng meeting President Tharman Shanmugaratnam at the Istana on Nov 8.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...-to-s-pore

President Tharman and Vice-President Han also discussed the importance of international cooperation to resolve global challenges, as well as investing in people and institutions,” the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement on Wednesday.

At the meeting between PM Lee and Mr Han, both reaffirmed Singapore and China’s strong bilateral relations, which were upgraded to an “All-Round High-Quality Future-Oriented Partnership” in April.

(From left) Chinese Vice-President Han Zheng, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Mr Li Chunlin, vice-chairman of China’s National Development and Reform Commission, meeting during lunch at the Istana on Wednesday. PHOTO: LIM YAOHUI

MFA also said they reaffirmed the importance of the Joint Council for Bilateral Cooperation (JCBC) as the apex bilateral platform for cooperation, and looked forward to fruitful discussions at the 19th JCBC, which will be held later this year in China.

(08-11-2023, 05:37 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  TO FULLY realise its vision for Singapore, the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) will need a continued mandate from voters that goes beyond a single term. This goal, said Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong on Sunday (Nov 5), depends on whether the party can continue to win the support of Singaporeans and be elected to form the government.

I hope we all can continue to work hard and work smart just like our parents before us.

[Image: Screenshot-20230718-223123-You-Tube.jpg]

Delicate balance between 'over-watching' and 'overbearing' after handover to 4G leaders: PM Lee

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was asked at a forum whether he would become Senior Minister after stepping down, and how he would like to be remembered.

SINGAPORE: When the baton is eventually passed to the next generation of Singapore's leadership, there is a fine line between providing counsel and overstepping one's mark, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said on Wednesday (Nov 8).

Mr Lee made his first public remarks since announcing on Sunday that he would hand over leadership to Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong by November 2024, before the next General Election.

Speaking at the Bloomberg New Economy Forum held in Singapore, he was asked by Bloomberg News editor-in-chief John Micklethwait about his plans after the handover.

"It's a very delicate thing to be over-watching, but not overbearing. And to be able to give advice and a helpful nudge, and just the right wise word, and not cramp the style of your successor.

"I am at the disposal of my successor," said Mr Lee, echoing previous comments. "I've already said whatever he wants me to do, I will do to help him succeed. So you have to ask him what he will be doing with me."

Mr Lee was asked about the possibility of becoming Senior Minister after handing over the reins to Singapore's fourth generation leadership.

He noted that both his predecessors were in the room during his Cabinet meetings. Mr Lee Kuan Yew and Mr Goh Chok Tong became senior ministers after stepping down as prime ministers in 1990 and 2004 respectively.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ng-3906936

Crazy argument' to say Singapore doesn't need capable ministers because of good civil servants: PM Lee

"Remember, if you have ordinary political leaders, you're going to have an ordinary public service and this is going to become a very ordinary country," says People's Action Party secretary-general Lee Hsien Loong.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...nt-3898121

"Remember, if you have ordinary political leaders, you're going to have an ordinary public service and this is going to become a very ordinary country," says People's Action Party secretary-general Lee Hsien Loong. 'Crazy argument' to say Singapore doesn't need capable ministers because of good civil servants: PM Lee

Singapore Prime Minister and People's Action Party secretary-general Lee Hsien Loong arrives at the PAP awards and convention on Nov 5, 2023. Speaking at this year's People's Action Party (PAP) convention, Mr Lee, as party's secretary-general, addressed the upcoming leadership transition.

Mr Lee, who is 71, announced he plans to hand over leadership to Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong before the next General Election. The PAP's priorities are governing competently, keeping clean and winning elections, which will "need high-quality leadership".

The party has a strong, capable team that is in touch with Singaporeans and has "shown what it can do"."We have a very good public service. Sometimes people argue that Singapore civil servants are so good that we don't need ministers who are so competent or experienced," said Mr Lee.

(09-11-2023, 12:16 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Crazy argument' to say Singapore doesn't need capable ministers because of good civil servants: PM Lee
"Remember, if you have ordinary political leaders, you're going to have an ordinary public service and this is going to become a very ordinary country," says People's Action Party secretary-general Lee Hsien Loong.

Now we have overpaid, overrated and overhyped Ministers and civil servants.

(06-11-2023, 04:15 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Highlight.... Smile

Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong, who has spent 25 years in the public service, says "the biggest responsibility of all" lies ahead of him. 

In Singapore Politics, his hand is full of work, he cannot fully 100% fulfill about, till all his hair turn all white, white...  Undecided

June 2023, Singapore’s total population stood at 5.92 million – a 5% increase from a year ago.

The SDP has a comprehensive suite of policies on a range of issues such as housing, education, immigration and healthcare – many of which have been “liberally borrowed” by the People’s Action Party (PAP) but “unfortunately watered down”, said Prof Tambyah.

At a press conference that followed, Dr Chee said one of the key issues the party will bring up at the next general election is the cost of living. He expects that it will be held by November or December 2024.

He (Dr Chee) said that inflation is kicking in, and the upcoming goods and services tax increase is “going to hurt”.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/s...s-for-2024

On new faces that the party could potentially field, Dr Chee said that they will be presented in a “timely manner” in the lead-up to the General Election. The party has had people reach out to them, he said.

He added that Singaporeans are “still very nervous” about joining the opposition, but said that people are feeling the pressure and realise they cannot be bystanders or spectators when it comes to Singapore’s development.

Dr Chee said: “They feel the urgency and need to come forward and present themselves as candidates and join the opposition.”

Despite being closer to constituencies in the west, Prof Tambyah said the SDP will remain active in the PAP-run Sembawang
[+] 1 user Likes Tee tiong huat's post

(12-11-2023, 08:52 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  June 2023, Singapore’s total population stood at 5.92 million – a 5% increase from a year ago.

The SDP has a comprehensive suite of policies on a range of issues such as housing, education, immigration and healthcare – many of which have been “liberally borrowed” by the People’s Action Party (PAP) but “unfortunately watered down”, said Prof Tambyah.

At a press conference that followed, Dr Chee said one of the key issues the party will bring up at the next general election is the cost of living. He expects that it will be held by November or December 2024.

He (Dr Chee) said that inflation is kicking in, and the upcoming goods and services tax increase is “going to hurt”.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/s...s-for-2024

On new faces that the party could potentially field, Dr Chee said that they will be presented in a “timely manner” in the lead-up to the General Election. The party has had people reach out to them, he said.

He added that Singaporeans are “still very nervous” about joining the opposition, but said that people are feeling the pressure and realise they cannot be bystanders or spectators when it comes to Singapore’s development.

Dr Chee said: “They feel the urgency and need to come forward and present themselves as candidates and join the opposition.”

Despite being closer to constituencies in the west, Prof Tambyah said the SDP will remain active in the PAP-run Sembawang

Besides launching its election campaign in 2024, Dr Chee said the party is contemplating organising a “national convention of politics” which would engage various groups here. 

The purpose of such an event would be to promote “the idea of democracy and (make) sure that our citizens continue to stay engaged in national affairs, current affairs and the electoral process in Singapore”, explained Dr Chee.

The SDP will also conduct activities at its new premises, which has been designed to hold press conferences, public forums and workshops.

The rented headquarters is about 2,400 sq ft and spans two floors – bigger than the party’s previous office in Ang Mo Kio