PE : 2 most important things when voting for President

1. He has to be willing to speak up for the people even if it is against the govt 
2. He has to be independent of the ruling party to be able to carry out check and balance role.

For (1) I have never seen Tharman ever speak out for the people against the govt. The most memorable thing he has ever said is $1000 per month can buy HDB and raise a family. .
NKS I never heard of him until he file his application. Where was he all this time.

On the other hand I met Tan Kin Lian many times to hear him speak up for victims of Lehman minibjnds, Hyflux, Population White Paper, Against Poverty, For workers, etc.

The last thing you want is a president who is closely linked and former minister in the ruling party. This is typical put in your own people scheme to rubber stamp the bills. What is the use? I don't see.

Yes TKL may not be a perfect person. But he is all in all honest and willing to speak up for the betterment of the people.

You go and vote Tharman, it will be the same like Halimah ....what's the use?....you cannot hope for anything but concurrence to PAP...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

(24-08-2023, 06:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  1. He has to be willing to speak up for the people even if it is against the govt 
2. He has to be independent of the ruling party to be able to carry out check and balance role.

For (1) I have never seen Tharman ever speak out for the people against the govt. The most memorable thing he has ever said is $1000 per month can buy HDB and raise a family. .
NKS I never heard of him until he file his application. Where was he all this time.

On the other hand I met Tan Kin Lian many times to hear him speak up for victims of Lehman minibjnds, Hyflux, Population White Paper, Against Poverty, For workers, etc.

The last thing you want is a president who is closely linked and former minister in the ruling party. This is typical put in your own people scheme to rubber stamp the bills. What is the use? I don't see.

Yes TKL may not be a perfect person. But he is all in all honest and willing to speak up for the betterment of the people.

You go and vote Tharman, it will be the same like Halimah ....what's the use?....you cannot hope for anything but concurrence to PAP...

every sentence is true n correct!
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(24-08-2023, 06:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  1. He has to be willing to speak up for the people even if it is against the govt 

The message is clear to everyone. Don't complain of a system that is ownself check ownself if you keep voting for it.

Quote:Speak but can’t be granted
No power
Waste saliva

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

The problem is blind spots.

When you were with the estab, you have made or help made several key policy decisions in the past.

Will you revisit these policies that you helped make?

Those are the blind spots Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin