PM Lee: Budget 2024 relieves worries about cost of living

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/b...ure-pm-lee

I am so relief..

Once gives...govt will not stop giving...

[Image: KWDdoeJ.gif]

Some of the best ways any govt can do to help citizens are:

1. Empowering citizens and getting ready for future employability
2. Reduction of big govt mechanisms as productivity falls beyond an optimal size
3. Put to best use of the top brains and scholars they have acquired by throwing them funds for startups that can provide for the world (not tie them in some civil service and rot the paper pusher way)
4. Ensure that the society is one that is not just for the rich to enjoy but where the commoners thrive
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

They have already ignored several thousands of middle- age 10 years ago

who fell through the cracks of their huge loopholes

They have lost their skills and old

Can we have a responsible PAP to make sure that they

go back to the workforce without training and earn the same Real Wages?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Smart move
Make use of gst increase to help solve inflation
Give u pain and later gives u Panadol

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 2 users Like Lukongsimi's post

(18-02-2024, 09:59 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Smart move
Make use of gst increase to help solve inflation
Give u pain and later gives u Panadol
This is call 
The white knights method
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

My friend calls it-

Cut your flesh and squeeze your blood

Then put a plaster over it

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

It's a self inflicted harm. This is the kind of danger environment we are living in.

Unlike other developed countries where they will have more optimal ways to counter, ours is just a bandage that temporary reliefs. It provides no permanent solution.

And after that, election and self praise own self. A cycle of never ending self harm.

Too bad, the sheeps doesn't want to get out.

Oh wait I shall use my skillsfuture and become a hawker or car captain now!!! Instead of becoming a property mongol.
[+] 1 user Likes animeonegai's post

This is just a relief, not a cure.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

(18-02-2024, 11:00 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  This is just a relief, not a cure.

This is not even a relief lah.
Only a chicken wing with 1 extra nugget for average Joe.
The rest of the assistances really Boh Lan Yong.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

A few hundreds $ how to relieve. Young ppl s worry is the housing costs which are in the millions.
[+] 1 user Likes Bigbluedot's post

Relieves simi lanjiao? That package announced by Law Wong was already priced in by the market by increasing the cost of their products and food. So what you get will be taken by the vendors when you buy their products. You are just acting like a middleman passing that package you receives from Law Wong to the vendors.

So giving you packages is useless, unless Law Wong also stop the vendors from suka suka increase price to take away the extra you get from govt.     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

Every other month give cash or voucher very good leh....your children also not so faithler leh...

I do not feel any slightest bit of relieve.

(18-02-2024, 09:58 AM)Ola Wrote:  They have already ignored several thousands of middle- age 10 years ago. who fell through the cracks of their huge loopholes. They have lost their skills and old. Can we have a responsible PAP to make sure that they. go back to the workforce without training and earn the same Real Wages?

SkillsFuture, in its present form, prepares the retrenched for a life of underemployment.

(18-02-2024, 06:05 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  I do not feel any slightest bit of relieve.

Whatever relief from our leaders will be temporary i.e. until the GE.  After that, prices of essential services and taxation will inevitably increase after 55 - 60% of voters get duped once again.

(17-02-2024, 11:31 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/b...ure-pm-lee

Like that people are relief of worries. Is he stupid or think people are stupid. 🥱

He must be disconnected from the ground.