Defrauded DBS customer claims bank and the SPF refused to help recover lost funds

https://www.bannedsite.com/forum/chillin...lost-funds

His is a debit card.

This one looks like scammers got hold of his debit card number and went on to do online transactions
As usual person writes alot to blame bank and SPF. But never explain the details properly.

The bank will block his card and take time to investigate the transaction.

For debit card only after they investigate then they return the funds.He cannot expect bank to return the money immediately
Because the transaction might be legit 

As safety measure always turn debit card off and never ever use it for transactions

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(31-12-2022, 02:15 PM)theold Wrote:  His is a debit card.

IMO, debit card is safer as it allow one limit/cut losses from start
u only loses how much u have in your card, leave only $500 in your card and that is the max you could get scam.
while credit card is  the sky the limit, unless one go consciously goes set the limit low low like I did when most ppl dun.  most ppl easily have $5-$8K credit limit in their card, one could get scam few $K just liddat

never deal with dbs
very troublesome

(31-12-2022, 02:19 PM)limpeh394 Wrote:  IMO, debit card is safer as it allow one limit/cut losses from start
u only loses how much u have in your card
while credit card is sky the limit, unless one go consciously goes set the limit low low like I did when most ppl dun.

For credit cards, the merchants' amounts are not deducted immediately. The banks can stop the payment to the merchants.

This owner of the card can approach "Korean Style Clothes Bang",  한국식 옷방 and communicate with them. Provided he can identify this party.

(31-12-2022, 02:22 PM)theold Wrote:  For credit cards, the merchants' amounts are not deducted immediately. The banks can stop the payment to the merchants.

This owner of the card can approach "Korean Style Clothes Bang" and communicate with them. Provided he can identify this party.

Same for debit card ...debit card also go through Mastercard system.

The bank set aside the funds first by taking from your account.

If you report quickly Mastercard us informed and withhold payments then ask vendor for proof.

Sometimes it's not the vendor but a criminal who used the card.

Mastercard will then step in to compensate both sides once the facts are ascertain.

The guy very kancheong thinks the bank want to deprive him of his $2000 ...but such things are routine to the bank to look into.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

If you pick up a credit/ debit card near the atm machine, just slot it back into the machine. Press any passcode.

Herfie from DBS Bank

Seems like he is in cohorts with the scammers

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

As a precaution you should.always control the debut card.
To do this go dbs app.
Go to payment control.

[Image: iGNyl02.jpg]
Turn off online transactions, overseas transactions and set lkmit.

[Image: N7L2Omd.jpg]

Those without the dbs or posb app can’t control spending limit.
Or view account at one glance.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Why so many $m kena scammed but recovered $0 or Gov kept the $$$?

That ish why I only put money in my trusty milo tin Smile

Even the milo makcik cannot touch ahhh

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(31-12-2022, 02:15 PM)theold Wrote:  His is a debit card.

Debit card also can get refund,

Last time don't know how that person got my debit card info etc go purchase something cost 200++ at one HK site.

I call up DBS , they claim ok will block the transaction. I ask them than how the money will refund back to my account. They claim will but take some days.

So after some days I check my account , it transfer back the money also getting a new debit card as the staff suggest to me change a new debit card.

(31-12-2022, 03:18 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Debit card also can get refund,

Last time don't know how that person got my debit card info etc go purchase something cost 200++ at one HK site.

I call up DBS , they claim ok will block the transaction. I ask them than how the money will refund back to my account. They claim will but take some days.

So after some days I check my account , it transfer back the money also getting a new debit card as the staff suggest to me change a new debit card.

Main thing is report fast to get transaction blocked.

(31-12-2022, 03:18 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  That ish why I only put money in my trusty milo tin Smile

Even the milo  makcik cannot touch ahhh

What happens if there is a fire in your house.........? Laughing Gesti-109

(31-12-2022, 03:11 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  As a precaution you should.always control the debut card.
To do this go dbs app.
Go to payment control.

[Image: iGNyl02.jpg]
Turn off online transactions, overseas transactions and set lkmit.

[Image: N7L2Omd.jpg]

overseas transaction only limit scammer from using it brick and mortars shop in Overseas, means scammer still could use your card to purchase online items when he/she login from KL

(31-12-2022, 03:56 PM)limpeh394 Wrote:  overseas transaction only limit scammer from using it brick and mortars shop in Overseas, means scammer still could use your card to purchase online items when he/she login from KL
That is why I turn off online transactions for debit card
Plse see the settings carefully

(31-12-2022, 03:35 PM)debono Wrote:  What happens if there is a fire in your house.........? Laughing Gesti-109

My shee shee will take care of it Big Grin Gesti-109

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(31-12-2022, 03:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That is why I turn off online transactions for debit card
Plse see the settings carefully

smart move Smile

(31-12-2022, 04:57 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  My shee shee will take care of it Big Grin Gesti-109

Hot Milo and chrysanthemum... Lol
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

Man loses S$2,200 after his DBS debit account got 'hijacked', says he's given 'empty promises' on resolution from bank - Singapore News
https://theindependent.sg/man-loses-s220...from-bank/
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Sometimes need to wait for investigations if suspicious.

Maybe he collude with his friends to scam DBS.