Many Malaysians disappointed with their Olympic costume

[Image: Nzp9pos.jpg]
However, the attire worn by our contingent at the opening of the Tokyo Olympics did not do justice to our design prowess and artistic tastes.

It would seem that the designer had no inclination of form, colour, pattern and elements of composition, much less the psychology of colours.

If the idea is to use the colours of the flag for the costume, it should be blended into an aesthetically pleasing and attractive composition and not simply splash it on the costume.

Another point of contention is that the design was inspired by the legendary warrior Hang Tuah. Was it his prowess as a warrior, or his blind loyalty or his combat or ceremonial attire? Hang Tuah would be turning in his grave if he knew that he was made to look like a clown.

Does the baju Melayu consisting of yellow shirt, off white trousers, chevron samping and tengkolok (headgear), black cumberband, and red jacket represent the epitome of the fighting spirit that could be translated into sporting energy?

Overall, the design is a convoluted confusion of clashing colours, shapes, forms, patterns that is visually comical and caricaturist.

To think the UITM designed this attire is unthinkable because it used to have great artist designers the likes of Fatimah Ismail and the late Professor Najib Noor who designed highly acclaimed costumes for the 1988 Commonwealth Games hosted by Malaysia. Something is amiss in the Faculty of Arts and Design of UiTM.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Malaisai is really malaisai

8Umbrella Umbrella

still bother abt what? olympic uniform? omg!

ok what...looks like Rojak. their Country food.

Looks like clowns

Country already becoming a failed state!

Still got time for such thing?

nice what? why u all bay song??? better than sillypore one,

Looks like circus clowns. No sign of sport Olympians....... Rotfl

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung