Pandemic 3 years later: Has the COVID-19 virus won?

By CARLA K. JOHNSON
yesterday

On the third anniversary of the COVID-19 pandemic, the virus is still spreading and the death toll is nearing 7 million worldwide.

The virus appears here to stay, along with the threat of a more dangerous version sweeping the planet.

With the pandemic still killing 900 to 1,000 people a day worldwide, the stealthy virus behind COVID-19 hasn’t lost its punch.

We’ve become numb to the daily death toll, Topol says, but we should view it as too high. Consider that in the United States, daily hospitalizations and deaths, while lower than at the worst peaks, have not yet dropped to the low levels reached during summer 2021 before the delta variant wave.

At any moment, the virus could change to become more transmissible, more able to sidestep the immune system or more deadly.

“I wish we united against the enemy — the virus — instead of against each other,” Topol said.

but the worst is likely over because of population immunity.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-pandemi...7cc9a52e54
[+] 2 users Like Levin's post

Sg didn't lose.

Yes lose because many already infected with covid and many die of heart diseases.
[+] 1 user Likes Cmpunk's post

More than 13b vaccine doses administered. There're clear winners and losers

Oops, I forgot to take the 4th shot Surprised
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

Salute to the health care workers ... they were under most pressure.

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Drug companies win

(11-03-2023, 08:15 AM)Levin Wrote:  By CARLA K. JOHNSON
yesterday

On the third anniversary of the COVID-19 pandemic, the virus is still spreading and the death toll is nearing 7 million worldwide.

The virus appears here to stay, along with the threat of a more dangerous version sweeping the planet.

With the pandemic still killing 900 to 1,000 people a day worldwide, the stealthy virus behind COVID-19 hasn’t lost its punch.

We’ve become numb to the daily death toll, Topol says, but we should view it as too high. Consider that in the United States, daily hospitalizations and deaths, while lower than at the worst peaks, have not yet dropped to the low levels reached during summer 2021 before the delta variant wave.

At any moment, the virus could change to become more transmissible, more able to sidestep the immune system or more deadly.

“I wish we united against the enemy — the virus — instead of against each other,” Topol said.

but the worst is likely over because of population immunity.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-pandemi...7cc9a52e54

It's NOT over yet lah! Big Grin

(11-03-2023, 02:02 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  It's NOT over yet lah! Big Grin

Correct lah, Mr Lee, this is only the 2nd episode, I am still wearing a mask