Panel Discussion on Human Capital & Economic Policy

Short term solutions using immigration and long tem through education

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Inequality is a measure of failure of human capital development. Singapore has highest level.of inequality in developed world and has the highest level of imported workforce in the developed world

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Our political leaders are trying to sell us Liberal immigration policies to be able to bring in labor at the highest rate per capita.

But we should press with issues surrounding human capital

1. Why are so many young people taking up low skilled jobs? Like delivering food, drivers and temp jobs.

2. Why is there short fall in our education system that led to need to import foreign skilled labor?

3. Why are importing foreign graduates to jobs but at the same time hesitating to educate our own populace to university level. Singaporeans has lowest chance of getting university education among all Asian developed nations and developed nations.

4. Our the last 20yrs the % of working poor and poverty has rising.

5. It is easy to just blame globalisation to pass the blame. But do we seriously look at what we have done policy wise to address the gaps.

Let us not be deceived by PAP.

As I said several times, Globalisation, Meritocracy, FTAs, Economic Policies . . . .are sound themes and is not evil in itself.

No One is arguing or making voices about it. The aberrant problem is PAP not managing, not controlling, not reviewing . . .that makes all this disastrous. The supporting guidelines and rules surrounding these policies are not rigorous and cannot withstand changes and expectations.

What is the point of having Goh CT leading Institute Policy for decades last time?

So what if he is Top 1% IQ of Singapore? He is still useless.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

PAP always accuse us that we lack the skills. But they refused to give us jobs so how to build skills?

Worse, issue FREE & Easy Employment Pass to FTs to replace mid- careers who has the skills. And we end up complimenting them rather than FTs complimenting our workforce.

They slap themselves and still think they are very clever.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers?