Parents obsessed with top primary schools

Is it so important??!!

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/kia...n-exercise
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

Got chance to be minister if study good schools...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Better chances of getting scholarships for top overseas studies and jobs guaranteed

Primary school results is not the determination for university scholarships. Both my sons study neighbourhood school but end up in secondary school IP programme.

(31-05-2023, 01:56 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Is it so important??!!

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/kia...n-exercise

Do you have a child leh?  Thinking

(31-05-2023, 02:29 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Do you have a child leh?  Thinking

How about you? You have kids?  

(31-05-2023, 02:31 PM)webinarian Wrote:  How about you? You have kids?  

No lah! Big Grin

(31-05-2023, 02:35 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  No lah! Big Grin

If you adv on newspapers say you're looking for long lost children and got huge inheritance for them, see what will happen
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

I have cousins who came from lousy neighbourhood schools but insist their children go to top primary schools. I went to the top schools yet I don't mind my children go to lousy schools.

(31-05-2023, 04:03 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  If you adv on newspapers say you're looking for long lost children and got huge inheritance for them, see what will happen

Good idea lah! Big Grin Haven't thought of it before lah!

Having 2 dotters one in IP programme and one normal express secondary there is a difference in terms of the teaching methods and homework and CCA. Don't believe when the MIW say every school is a good school. I would like to see their own children enroll in which primary, secondary etc school instead.

In South Korea also the same thing. All rich people buy properties along the Han River.

,[37.23620227760629,126.69964562725148]]]https://www.google.com/search?biw=1280&bih=657&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2&tbm=lcl&sxsrf=APwXEddEpqytgU5fTwknRoOk1pFcQ6VSDg:1685523082782&q=Top+SchoolS+in+Korea+LOCATION&rflfq=1&num=10&ved=2ahUKEwieifDklp__AhUXwjgGHZmmDk0QtgN6BAhNEAg#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:[[37.784147755888334,127.67468224834522],[37.23620227760629,126.69964562725148]]

Parents, students and teachers of better schs tend to be more kiashu and would influence each other more than those boh chap types, and that's how they get better

(31-05-2023, 02:11 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Got chance to be minister if study good schools...

More chances to Lim Kopi with the ministar.
Most of them are from that school.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I will never send my kid to a neighbourhood school

https://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/07/...id-to.html

(31-05-2023, 04:43 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  More chances to Lim Kopi with the ministar.
Most of them are from that school.

Asked my son to join the alumni to lim kopi with his big boss minister and he replied me "waste money"

(31-05-2023, 05:06 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  When my 1st daughter was just 1 year old

I started planning for her to get into a top primary school through a back door

By having a home address 1 km from a top school

Around end 1998 I bought a 2 bedroom Trevose Park condo within 1km to SCGS 

And a private Farrer Court apartment within 1 km to NYPS

So that my daughters age 1 and 3 years then, can get into NYPS or SGCS

Song boh?

(31-05-2023, 05:14 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  I got a place in NYPS for my elder daughter, after balloting

Because my home address at Farrer Court within 1 km to NYPS

And my younger daughter followed her sister into NYPS

They both enjoyed their primary school years there

And they got my son into NYPS

And he loved that primary school

Although I disliked his P1 PRC Chinese teacher 

Because she asked my why I did not send my son to kindergarten

When he spent 4 years in pre-school 

But could not read or write both English & Chinese

So I taught him how to read at home

And got him a Chinese tuition teacher

Song boh?

I saved money for all those 有的没的 things lah! Big Grin No kid is the best lah!
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(31-05-2023, 05:01 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Me too

I was obsessed with top primary school for my kids

Because I was the top PSLE student in the whole of Malaysia, in 1974

And I went to an elite fully residential secondary school

So I know the importance of sending my kid to a good primary school

Malaysia got PSLE meh? Dun bluff.

Better to go to a top primary school if can. 6 years foundation is important.

But if really cannot, neighbourhood schools are still ok lah. Nowadays not as bad as last time, infested with gangs.

(31-05-2023, 05:45 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Malaysia got PSLE meh? Dun bluff.

He is top student, dont play play. Didnt know they have ranking. SG got or not? Cant remember at all.

(31-05-2023, 05:39 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I saved money for all those 有的没的 things lah! Big Grin No kid is the best lah!

Waleneh, 没烦恼没问题 the best lah. But what to do with yr big flat and cpf leh?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Aiya last time primary sch no need to study aso can score top marks. Nowadays GEP not easy ok, only less than 1% can get in

I’m so proud of my bo tak cek uni friend la. Her daughter from neighborhood school just received offers from 3 medical school here. 

Her son from the same neighborhood school is also doing well, under IP program with NJC.

(31-05-2023, 06:52 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  I’m so proud of my bo tak cek uni friend la. Her daughter from neighborhood school just received offers from 3 medical school here. 

Her son from the same neighborhood school is also doing well, under IP program with NJC.

Did your friend’s dotter go to hospital intern/volunteer before?
Not easy to be doctor nowasday. Stressful job and sometimes cannot go home especially working in hospital.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(31-05-2023, 06:35 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Waleneh, 没烦恼没问题 the best lah. But what to do with yr big flat and cpf leh?

Only 5 rooms where got big leh?  Thinking 没钱没事啦!haha Big Grin

(31-05-2023, 06:52 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  I’m so proud of my bo tak cek uni friend la. Her daughter from neighborhood school just received offers from 3 medical school here. 

She bluffed you one lah. At most 2 offers from the 2 undergrad med schools, and the 3rd is a grad med school. Different intakes, so not possible to get all 3 at the same time

(31-05-2023, 07:20 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Did your friend’s dotter go to hospital intern/volunteer before?
Not easy to be doctor nowasday. Stressful job and sometimes cannot go home especially working in hospital.

she is helping out in a private clinic while waiting for study program start.

(31-05-2023, 07:31 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  She bluffed you one lah. At most 2 offers from the 2 undergrad med schools, and the 3rd is a grad med school. Different intakes, so not possible to get all 3  at the same time

ohh then it's me bluffing you  Rotfl
she mentioned through whatapp - nus and ntu medicine, smu accounting and information system with scholarship  Blush

Have to match the obsession for scholars by the Gov. If not become Crab driver or Table cleaner

We need to remove the scholarship system in this country in order to move ahead.