Appropriately sized’ unemployment support among ideas for SkillsFuture revamp

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ng-3799716

Populist move due to upcoming elections Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...illsfuture

(27-09-2023, 09:52 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Populist move due to upcoming elections Laughing

he will not gain votes from current unemployed because they have been neglected for years.

he will only gain support from the newly unemployed who can benefit from this unemployment support.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

many in 40 and 50 years old PMETs cannot find jobs and cannot get chance to be retrained into IT industry.

yet, when you work in IT department or group, 90% are foreigners or CECA.

Singapore is like a country with India IT departments.

Isn’t he copying this idea raised by Opposition a few years ago? I would rather vote for the original than support him, though no fault of his own but his colleagues.

They key to this issue is what is defined by "appropriately sized" ? Based on govt point of view or unemployed person point of view? Obviously govt will want to give as little as possible while unemployed want to receive as much as possible. Where then lies the number so called appropriately sized?

(27-09-2023, 01:26 PM)forum456 Wrote:  he will not gain votes from current unemployed because they have been neglected for years.

he will only gain support from the newly unemployed who can benefit from this unemployment support.

If you are unemployed for years that's because you are a jiakliaobee.

You can always find work in Singapore unless you are too proud to do blue collar work.  

If you are really broke, you will even work with your tongue, use it to lick away the zhup from all used crockery before washing them if that's how the cleaning company wants it to be done.  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(27-09-2023, 02:27 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You can always find work in Singapore unless you are too proud to do blue collar work.  

I do agree to the above. If one can put down their expectations there are still jobs that can do. Sweep floor, wash toilet, patrol premises, wash dishes all are ok. Cleaner job now slowly going up to reach 2K I think. Imagine sweep floor can earn 2K who dun wan? I wan if retire already and fist very tight. But if want me to wash toilet need to increase to 2.5-3K becuz public toilets very smelly and always dirty and blocked so need to do a lot sweat a lot. As for wash dishes also must give more becuz wash until hand skin all crumpled and spoilt. Patrol premises better but if see trouble walk away fast else kena whack like those news report.

(27-09-2023, 02:35 PM)sgh Wrote:  I do agree to the above. If one can put down their expectations there are still jobs that can do. Sweep floor, wash toilet, patrol premises, wash dishes all are ok. Cleaner job now slowly going up to reach 2K I think. Imagine sweep floor can earn 2K who dun wan? I wan if retire already and fist very tight. But if want me to wash toilet need to increase to 2.5-3K becuz public toilets very smelly and always dirty and blocked so need to do a lot sweat a lot. As for wash dishes also must give more becuz wash until hand skin all crumpled and spoilt. Patrol premises better but if see trouble walk away fast else kena whack like those news report.

If you are an old man, you don't want to approach a bunch of young troublemakers. Your job is to call the police to come down. You keep an eye on where they are going if they are not staying at one spot.

Yes, public toilets are very dirty, including, sorry to say this, women's toilets. I say this because a lot of BBFA in edmw think that girls are very clean, their hair smell so nice, and they want to lick their armpits wor.

Anyway if you are dead broke and jobless for years, you will still do the job and at least can console yourself that it's not as backbreaking and high risk as what South Asians do at construction sites.

how many unemployed people will apply for unemployment support ?

i think 200k to 500k unemployed people will apply.

Solution :
Get more Indians to take over sinkie jobs.

(27-09-2023, 03:21 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If you are an old man, you don't want to approach a bunch of young troublemakers. Your job is to call the police to come down. You keep an eye on where they are going if they are not staying at one spot.

Yes, public toilets are very dirty, including, sorry to say this, women's toilets. I say this because a lot of BBFA in edmw think that girls are very clean, their hair smell so nice, and they want to lick their armpits wor.

Anyway if you are dead broke and jobless for years, you will still do the job and at least can console yourself that it's not as backbreaking and high risk as what South Asians do at construction sites.

Sweep floor wash toilet I do before when during my Uni holidays. They call me as float boys which is that day which premise cleaner MC you go fill up that role as they got contract everyday need supply how many cleaners to the company that engage the cleaning company services.

No manpower I also need wash women toilet. Their each cubicle each got one small container is for them put their pad but some really no parents teach stuff their pads into toilet bowl then got choked. All smelly and brown color blood. So men is cigarette butt into urinal. Women is sanitary pad into toilet bowl. I wash toilet expert hehe after that short stint.
[+] 2 users Like sgh's post

(27-09-2023, 06:03 PM)sgh Wrote:  Sweep floor wash toilet I do before when during my Uni holidays. They call me as float boys which is that day which premise cleaner MC you go fill up that role as they got contract everyday need supply how many cleaners to the company that engage the cleaning company services.

No manpower I also need wash women toilet. Their each cubicle each got one small container is for them put their pad but some really no parents teach stuff their pads into toilet bowl then got choked. All smelly and brown color blood. So men is cigarette butt into urinal. Women is sanitary pad into toilet bowl. I wash toilet expert hehe after that short stint.

Well done 👍

(27-09-2023, 02:12 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Isn’t he copying this idea raised by Opposition a few years ago? I would rather vote for the original than support him, though no fault of his own but his colleagues.

Thank you, Opposition!! 

Another great idea by Chee SJ

He can bring LW, Dead Dragon and Tharman to kneel at his feet. 

SDP’s Chee says he will push for retrenchment insurance if elected - TODAY (todayonline.com)

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(27-09-2023, 06:31 PM)Ola Wrote:  Thank you, Opposition!! 

Another great idea by Chee SJ

He can bring LW, Dead Dragon and Tharman to kneel at his feet. 

SDP’s Chee says he will push for retrenchment insurance if elected - TODAY (todayonline.com)

The trouble is that most oppies refused to vote for him because of cst. Time flew. Dr Chee was a young man only in his late 20s. He's no longer young and so many years were wasted

There was a chance once for him to enter Parliament but still it was Murali who won.

I don't see him ever getting voted even though he's miles and away better than RK. But since when have the oppies voted wisely? So RK got in and Dr Chee was bypassed. Rolleyes

(27-09-2023, 01:55 PM)forum456 Wrote:  many in 40 and 50 years old PMETs cannot find jobs and cannot get chance to be retrained into IT industry.

yet, when you work in IT department or group, 90% are foreigners or CECA.

Singapore is like a country with India IT departments.

All these years, they are denying the truth, and probably now, they are unable to cover it anymore.
I don’t need your unemployment benefit lah. 
Are they able to compensate all those years that we lost our soul?
This country really got shit leadership.

Current PAP must always copy ideas from Opposition only proves one thing 

They only look good on the outside 

[Image: PAP-is-6-OVER.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(27-09-2023, 06:41 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Rolleyes
[Image: S41It.png]

Govt must survey are the courses in SkillsFuture really relevant and indeed required by employers,
Also should prevent too many people enroll in the same course which dull the prospect.

Types of jobs lure into Sg must suit ageing Sporean work forces,
technologies or skills must be practical and useful.

dies,, next year or end of this year a recession sure to come,, even FED cut staff, not to mention alll those big tech are cutting as well.

they know this that is why they are talking abt skill upgrading and so on...

(28-09-2023, 12:36 AM)victortan Wrote:  dies,, next year or end of this year a recession sure to come,, even FED cut staff, not to mention alll those big tech are cutting as well.

they know this that is why they are talking abt skill upgrading and so on...

Reset is good.