Parked illegally? Woman charged $400 to have wheel clamp removed

🚘 Parked illegally? Woman charged $400 to have wheel clamp removed

After taking a pilates class in the vicinity, a woman returned to the car she had parked at a building in River Valley Road only to find that its wheel had been clamped.

READ: https://bit.ly/45P4Bf8

Follow @Asiaonecom for all the latest updates

[Image: jN6klarG9Q65oa0nHE-roczIUaIJlB3jlb5jAb1z...5-p3mIU_6A]

(30-06-2024, 12:26 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  ðŸš˜ Parked illegally? Woman charged $400 to have wheel clamp removed

After taking a pilates class in the vicinity, a woman returned to the car she had parked at a building in River Valley Road only to find that its wheel had been clamped.

READ: https://bit.ly/45P4Bf8

Follow @Asiaonecom for all the latest updates

Some will unscrew your licence plate and get you to go to their office to get it back. If you did not notice, you will be driving your car without licence plate

Such private laws are symptomic of the derelection BCA and its irresponsibility

A guest abides to the house rules, period.

Specifically to the parking lot thingy, at times we might not be able to park totally within a lot as the car in front of behind is actually parking outside of their lot. So we might have to venture slightly outside of our lot. And then when the incharge comes along... Our car might be the one that is not parking right... Of course LL cos just too bad you are unlucky... There's no fairness in this world, just opportunities to be good or bad...

She should be charged for breaking the law , too.

400 is a bit high but she'll never do that again

(30-06-2024, 10:16 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  400 is a bit high but she'll never do that again

Heh heh beri goot Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

[Image: IMG-20240630-103317.jpg]

The wheel was on the line but still got space behind. Not a serious violation lah, just a warning will do

How come public never fine her? I thought single white line no parking on either side?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

That's not a road divider white line, it's part of the parking lot

(30-06-2024, 10:35 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  [Image: IMG-20240630-103317.jpg]

The wheel was on the line but still got space behind. Not a serious violation lah, just a warning will do

In Msia maybe give kopi monies settle as long as cheaper than the official fine. But Spore is a law abiding society so all go by law.

sue the management until their pants dropped.

Management council no money to fight legal case one.

(30-06-2024, 11:58 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  sue the management until their pants dropped.

Management council no money to fight legal case one.

The court will not handle such petty cases. Anything such small things with the estate will be referred back to the mc/ma and they hv the say.

By the way, the parking situation at this building is always horrible. That's why the mc has to impose heavy fine. Just that in this case they're a bit overdoing

(30-06-2024, 10:35 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  [Image: IMG-20240630-103317.jpg]

Wtf... The security guard trying to be funny. Then again, did this lady offended anyone or she has been very self entitled person before this episode?

next time
wheel clamp
and this

[Image: sanitary-pad-mini-cooper.jpg]

this row low rise shop house use to have a coffee shop, during lunch time got sell chai png Tongue i park truck buy chai png & drink & go bo tai zi

(30-06-2024, 10:16 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  400 is a bit high but she'll never do that again

I suspect that the MCST of Chiap Chuan Building must be using their "discretionary powers" to fine unsuspecting drivers up to $400 for such questionable offences.  The management office must be in dire need of funds. LOL!

(30-06-2024, 04:27 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I suspect that the MCST of Chiap Chuan Building must be using their "discretionary powers" to fine unsuspecting drivers up to $400 for such questionable offences.  The management office must be in dire need of funds. LOL!

[Image: IMG-20240630-170811.jpg]

The 400 fine is the standard wheel clamp releasing fee for that mcst. It's fixed cannot suka suka any how charge

(30-06-2024, 12:28 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  The court will not handle such petty cases. Anything such small things with the estate will be referred back to the mc/ma and they hv the say.

By the way, the parking situation at this building is always horrible. That's why the mc has to impose heavy fine. Just that in this case they're a bit overdoing

court will one if got ass of lawyers to  know to push it thru

i went thru one right

in any case, this is a private building with their own by laws so she should abide by it
and learn how to park properly r buy a smaller car - one that she can handle

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(30-06-2024, 05:09 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  The 400 fine is the standard wheel clamp releasing fee for that mcst. It's fixed cannot suka suka any how charge

I am afraid that you misread/misinterpreted my previous post. The amount of fine is fixed, but the interpretation of an offence appears to be dubious by the building's management. 

(30-06-2024, 07:39 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I am afraid that you misread/misinterpreted my previous post. The amount of fine is fixed, but the interpretation of an offence appears to be dubious by the building's management. 

Noted

Will BCA look into the admin charges imposed by Condominium bylaws?
Why the  'penalty " is so much higher than the fine imposed by URA , LTA, Traffic Police and  other government law enforcement authority?
Yet the Police has no power to intervene?

(01-07-2024, 12:10 AM)Oasis Wrote:  Will BCA look into the admin charges imposed by Condominium bylaws?
Why the  'penalty " is so much higher than the fine imposed by URA , LTA, Traffic Police and  other government law enforcement authority?
Yet the Police has no power to intervene?

So the signal is if want to flout law choose places. Condo don't play govt in charge can play since fine is cheaper.