Passed by my neighborhood clinic- this is what happened

In less than 2 months there will be another GST hike and those who are sick have to pay more to get treated. 

The clinic put out thus notice
[Image: 6dW5wKX.jpg]

My question is this. Why can't we GST be waived for the sick who need medical treatment?

Someone said our country unlike Malaysia has no natural resources so cannot afford to give almost  free dental and medical like in Malaysia.

But why cant we waive GST for medical given those who are sick may not be able to afford treatment?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

They are providing a service to the patient, hence, it is reasonable to charge good and services tax.
[+] 1 user Likes Buffybuffy's post

[Image: pm-lee-gst-meme.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

GST shd be waived for necessities like medical. We do not hv a compassionate Govt that shows empathy to the sick. Most of them, if not all, who visited Polyclinics are those who cannot afford to visit private GPs. They are trying to make end-meets and few dollars meant a lot to them. And worst wil be those chronic cases who needs regular follow up. This reason is good enough that I wil not support nor neither respect these PaPayas.

because majority of Singaporean voters are moronic sheep who love being abused

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 1 user Likes wendychan's post

i have to agree FartSunKing is smarter

Gst is the help the poor. If gst hike to 20% there would be no poor people.

Too much help will encourage more poor ppl

(25-11-2023, 12:44 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  You stupid fcuk!

GST increase does not affect the low and middle income households

As these households effectively pay 'negative' tax

GST increases is neccessary for the low and middle income households

Dear Moron from Malaysia with a Fake NTU Degree

How stupid can you be all the time?

With a family of 3, their GST per year can be $400 per year

Food, clothes, medicine . .. . all has GST

Do they get back all $500 or $ 1,000 GST as you claim in your lies?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(25-11-2023, 09:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In less than 2 months there will be another GST hike and those who are sick have to pay more to get treated. 

My question is this. Why can't we GST be waived for the sick who need medical treatment?

Someone said our country unlike Malaysia has no natural resources so cannot afford to give almost  free dental and medical like in Malaysia.

But why can we waive GST for medical given those who are sick may not be able to afford treatment?

why ah ?.......could it be becoz PAP dominates over 90% of LumParLEEment ? Laughing

(25-11-2023, 09:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  My question is this. Why can't we GST be waived for the sick who need medical treatment?

the answer is simple because no opposition MP raises motion to waive GST for the sick in parliament.

WP and PSP need to do work in parliament.

if PAP ,WP and PSP do not care, GST cannot be waived.

Nice titties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

The PAP is using GST to subsidise low tax regime for the rich ....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(25-11-2023, 09:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In less than 2 months there will be another GST hike and those who are sick have to pay more to get treated. 

But why cant we waive GST for medical given those who are sick may not be able to afford treatment?

It is waived in polyclicss and government horsepeters.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

It is true . To help the poor
better they suffer quietly than appear everywhere
die quietly we say not related

(25-11-2023, 11:19 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  GST shd be waived for necessities like medical. We do not hv a compassionate Govt that shows empathy to the sick. Most of them, if not all, who visited Polyclinics are those who cannot afford to visit private GPs. They are trying to make end-meets and few dollars meant a lot to them. And worst wil be those chronic cases who needs regular follow up. This reason is good enough that I wil  not support nor neither respect these PaPayas.

You don't go to polyclinics and government horsepeters? It's waived.

But if you go private then that's up to the private clinic or atas horsepeter to waive/absorb it but you can bet they will not.

Deposits can also get u into trouble nevermind bank runs.
[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-11-25-20-49-44.png]

U MUST know we did not leave 2008 intact

(25-11-2023, 08:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The PAP is using GST to subsidise low tax regime for the rich ....

PAP likes GST because GST revenue can grow when the population grows.

Other taxes cannot grow as fast as GST when population grows.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

GST is being abused by pap. vote wisely

(26-11-2023, 01:42 AM)KILLjoy Wrote:  My daughter loves GST.  She collects more GST but never issues Tax invoices for her abalone sales. Love

(25-11-2023, 09:27 PM)forum456 Wrote:  PAP likes GST because GST revenue can grow when the population grows.

Other taxes cannot grow as fast as GST when population grows.

GST is modeled after VAT in the UK.

We may have created char kway teow, chicken rice, bak chor mee, which are not found in China but most things we do and/or use are learned from other countries, and our entire tax regime is one of those.

What you said is true.  Besides that, it also taxes tourists.  And foreigners who live here, but are not paying income taxes which are used to maintain the country. They benefit, but don't contribute, how can?

It also taxes those who don't declare their incomes truthfully for eg, hawkers, various free-lance workers including private tutors like SgBuffet

I am in full support of increasing GST as long as rebates are given back to low income Singaporeans..... only Singaporeans.  PRs should not get it as they should get freebies from their own government for eg Anwar, Modi and Winnie.

Coming soon

(25-11-2023, 09:11 PM)Oyk Wrote:  短命的sgtalk.net/User-Oyk

I think polyclinic and gov hospital GST they waved ; local hawker centre and neighbour hood shop also no GST......lower income people not so affected.