Petition to stop execution of a mentally disabled man

Dear friends, yes we have fought and debated over many issues in the past bit I hope to seen your support humane treatment of a fellow human being.

For your consideration...

https://www.change.org/p/pardon-the-deat...sabled-man?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

not trying to be cruel but if one is pardon. the drug lord may take this as loophole to lure more disabled to help them.

(30-10-2021, 05:22 PM)wulala Wrote:  not trying to be cruel but if one is pardon. the drug lord may take this as loophole to lure more disabled to help them.

That could be a possibility.. Clapping

(30-10-2021, 05:22 PM)wulala Wrote:  not trying to be cruel but if one is pardon. the drug lord may take this as loophole to lure more disabled to help them.

Plse go after drug lord not people exploited by drug lord.
It will not change anything if we kill him they will just find the next victim.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(30-10-2021, 05:26 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Plse go after drug lord not people exploited by drug lord.

then u take his place. Laughing

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

100% agree!  Thumbs_up

(30-10-2021, 05:26 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Plse go after drug lord not people exploited by drug lord.

while I totally agree with you, but how many Duterte can you find in this world. In US some drugs are legalize and doctors are allowed to issue such drugs, just search philadelphia drug on youtube, tons of it.
even in SG, drugs are on the rise. too many night activities created. Unlike LKY era that had harsh penalty and able to uphold a drug free society.

(30-10-2021, 06:11 PM)wulala Wrote:  while I totally agree with you, but how many Duterte can you find in this world. In US some drugs are legalize and doctors are allowed to issue such drugs, just search philadelphia drug on youtube, tons of it.
even in SG, drugs are on the rise. too many night activities created. Unlike LKY era that had harsh penalty and able to uphold a drug free society.

Even in these days, the law against illegal drugs is a deterrent...Above 20gm. of heroin a death sentence will be meted out...... crying
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

You are absolutely right!  Thumbsup

Support TS.

(30-10-2021, 08:09 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Support TS.

TS= Sgbuffett....?

(30-10-2021, 08:12 PM)debono Wrote:  TS= Sgbuffett....?

Ya la

(30-10-2021, 08:15 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Ya la

OIC..... Big Grin

Sentence him to death but secretly just put him in imh can?

One stone 2 birds, so drug lords will not make use of loophole and he keeps his life.

(30-10-2021, 09:07 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Sentence him to death but secretly just put him in imh can?

One stone 2 birds, so drug lords will not make use of loophole and he keeps his life.

Its not a loop. It's simply wrong to execute a mentally disabled man who is a victim of drug lord exploitation.

(30-10-2021, 09:32 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Its not a loop. It's simply wrong to execute a mentally disabled man who is a victim of drug lord exploitation.

If he is not severely punished then the drug lords will source for another below average intelligence  person to traffic these illegal drugs.... Angry

(30-10-2021, 09:38 PM)debono Wrote:  If he is not severely punished then the drug lords will source for another below average intelligence  person to traffic these illegal drugs.... Angry

But the aim of the punishment is to deter others from committing the same offence. Other mentally handicapped people will still not be deterred, because they cannot form the right judgement. Will it deter the mastermind? I doubt so.

(30-10-2021, 09:38 PM)debono Wrote:  If he is not severely punished then the drug lords will source for another below average intelligence  person to traffic these illegal drugs.... Angry

The best way to stop the drug lord is to go after the drug lord.

Your type of argument is dangerous ...its to dish out unjust punishment to others to deter the real criminal ....like that someone will suggest to kill drug addicts so that the drug dealer will have no business.

In the end the law has to be just and proportionate... it is not a tool to fix the deficiency of the police for not being able to catch the real criminal

(30-10-2021, 09:41 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  But the aim of the punishment is to deter others from committing the same offence. Other mentally handicapped people will still not be deterred, because they cannot form the right judgement. Will it deter the mastermind? I doubt so.

I agree under the circumstance, the mastermind/drug lords will not be deterred.. Clapping

clemency belongs to halimah

The argument is fault. That is assuming mentally disabled people can be more tempted because of the loophole, as they won't face the death penalty . But mentally disabled people by definition is easy to be lured to become drug mule, with or without the loophole, because of their low intelligent. If you train a pet dog to carry drug across the custom, does it become less resistance to do it because the law will not hang it ?

Then u replace him lah ..

...............Let us be benevolent just dis-enable his 2 legs and hands for rest of his life.

fu bu fu.

If you want to be lenient, then sentence him to life imprisonment.

tomorrow will be a better day

I see people argue to kill this man to stop drug lords because of loophole. It is w0rong to kill someone because of loophole. Instead of committing an unjust act, law epnforcement should improve their enforcement capabilities to go after drug lords not after victims of druglords. This is like killing rape victim to stop rape. Totally wrong.

Plse read the petition before shooting off ways to justify this killing:

While on trial, Nagaenthran testified that he had been coerced by a man who assaulted him and threatened to murder his girlfriend. Dr Ung Eng Khean, a psychiatrist in private practice, submitted that Nagaenthran was suffering from "an abnormality of mind at the time of his arrest". According to the Singapore law, this should have allowed him to be acquitted or released from charges. However, the defence was dismissed despite psychiatric evidence highlighting Nagaenthran’s inability to make rational judgments and decisions; assess risk and consequences; as well as control his impulses.

The execution of a mentally ill person is prohibited under international human rights law, as well as under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD). Furthermore, any execution for drug offences contravenes international law and standards. As a signatory of the UNCRPD, the Singapore government runs the risk of violating its obligation towards “ensuring that persons with disabilities are treated equally with dignity and respect”.

(31-10-2021, 07:25 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I see people argue to kill this man to stop drug lords because of loophole. It is w0rong to kill someone because of loophole. Instead of committing an unjust act, law epnforcement should improve their enforcement capabilities to go after drug lords not after victims of druglords. This is like killing rape victim to stop rape. Totally wrong.

Plse read the petition before shooting off ways to justify this killing:

While on trial, Nagaenthran testified that he had been coerced by a man who assaulted him and threatened to murder his girlfriend. Dr Ung Eng Khean, a psychiatrist in private practice, submitted that Nagaenthran was suffering from "an abnormality of mind at the time of his arrest". According to the Singapore law, this should have allowed him to be acquitted or released from charges. However, the defence was dismissed despite psychiatric evidence highlighting Nagaenthran’s inability to make rational judgments and decisions; assess risk and consequences; as well as control his impulses.

The execution of a mentally ill person is prohibited under international human rights law, as well as under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD). Furthermore, any execution for drug offences contravenes international law and standards. As a signatory of the UNCRPD, the Singapore government runs the risk of violating its obligation towards “ensuring that persons with disabilities are treated equally with dignity and respect”.

Cock story

how will drug lord make this a loophole? 
is not like the disabled guy gets to go free and continue working for drug lord? 

there is no loophole to be exploited
[+] 1 user Likes pervertosan's post

wondering being a mentally disabled, how he brings the drug into SG?
[+] 1 user Likes wulala's post

(01-11-2021, 08:23 AM)wulala Wrote:  wondering being a mentally disabled, how he brings the drug into SG?

He is educational subnormal.  Likely they give him some simple instructions to follow

(30-10-2021, 07:12 PM)debono Wrote:  Even in these days, the law against illegal drugs is a deterrent...Above 20gm. of heroin a death sentence will be meted out...... crying

I thought it is 15 gms?

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!