Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines are about 40 per cent protected against Delta

Wasn't expecting our task force to say this..

"Those who are fully vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines are about 40 per cent protected against infection from the Delta variant," he said.

Wasn't there fierce debates here about the protection rate mRNA vaccine vs the non mRNA and 1 of the key argument was that mRNA offers better protection over Delta variant? I remember mRNA supporters cited much higher protection rate, but OYK just slap them in their face..

I am not promoting non mRNA vaccine. In fact, non mRNA protection rate against Delta variant may even be lower than 40%, but assuming non mRNA has a protection rate of 30% vs 40% of mRNA, is it even something to shout for??

OYK also say "On the other hand, the number of people who took the Sinovac vaccine in Singapore is low, at "less than two per cent" of the population, said Mr Ong. As a result, the ministry does not have meaningful data at this point to gauge its effectiveness against infection or severe illnesses."

So for those Sinovac supporters, you can forget about Sinovac will ever clear it's name in Singapore.. Task force will not even give Sinovac a chance to clear it's name even though the data are submitted to MOH in mid Jul 2021.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ng-2219696

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

I don't understand. Why are we gauging the efficacy of Sinovac based on the number of people taking it here? There's worldwide data of Sinovac and we should be looking at it.

When we decide to first use Pfizer, do we gauge the efficacy of it based on our people who have already taken it? Catch 22 situation.

Eligible individuals who have taken the Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccine will also be invited to take an mRNA booster shot, although most of them are "not due yet", said Mr Ong.

If those individuals chose non mRNA, why the F...k will they go back to mRNA for booster?

If he wants to say he should say, govt remains open to individuals who had taken non mRNA shots the option to have mRNA booster if they want....

(09-10-2021, 02:17 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I don't understand. Why are we gauging the efficacy of Sinovac based on the number of people taking it here? There's worldwide data of Sinovac and we should be looking at it.

When we decide to first use Pfizer, do we gauge the efficacy of it based on our people who have already taken it? Catch 22 situation.

Don't bother lah. Just don't jab kids with mRNA.
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(09-10-2021, 02:20 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Don't bother lah. Just don't jab kids with mRNA.

Yah, I've already decided not to take mRNA booster shots nor should we allow our children to take them.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(09-10-2021, 02:22 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Yah, I've already decided not to take mRNA booster shots nor should we allow our children to take them.

Is the mRNA booster shots so terrible, if that is the case then MOH will not use the 3rd booster for protection against Covid.....

(09-10-2021, 02:33 PM)debono Wrote:  Is the mRNA booster shots so terrible, if that is the case then MOH will not use the 3rd booster for protection against Covid.....

https://news.yahoo.com/single-most-quali...00060.html

(09-10-2021, 02:33 PM)debono Wrote:  Is the mRNA booster shots so terrible, if that is the case then MOH will not use the 3rd booster for protection against Covid.....

I don't think it's as proven as what the govt had told us. My nephew told me he had chest pain after his second jab, so there's a risk in every shot. The more you take the higher that risk. 

I'll go for the sinovac one.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(09-10-2021, 02:52 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I don't think it's as proven as what the govt had told us. My nephew told me he had chest pain after his second jab, so there's a risk in every shot. The more you take the higher that risk. 

I'll go for the sinovac one.

I wonder those that had taken the Pfizer or Moderna jabs, but now want to be vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinopharm is all right to do so.  But I think PM Lee is vaccinated with Pfizer vaccine and also taken his 3rd booster shot which I think is Pfizer vaccine...

aiya someone's face is more important than other ppl's lives

Let's not fall into the trap of debating mRNA or non mRNA is better. We already have enough of that as a distraction from task force..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(09-10-2021, 02:11 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Wasn't expecting our task force to say this..

"Those who are fully vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines are about 40 per cent protected against infection from the Delta variant," he said.

Wasn't there fierce debates here about the protection rate mRNA vaccine vs the non mRNA and 1 of the key argument was that mRNA offers better protection over Delta variant? I remember mRNA supporters cited much higher protection rate, but OYK just slap them in their face..

I am not promoting non mRNA vaccine. In fact, non mRNA protection rate against Delta variant may even be lower than 40%, but assuming non mRNA has a protection rate of 30% vs 40% of mRNA, is it even something to shout for??

OYK also say "On the other hand, the number of people who took the Sinovac vaccine in Singapore is low, at "less than two per cent" of the population, said Mr Ong. As a result, the ministry does not have meaningful data at this point to gauge its effectiveness against infection or severe illnesses."

So for those Sinovac supporters, you can forget about Sinovac will ever clear it's name in Singapore.. Task force will not even give Sinovac a chance to clear it's name even though the data are submitted to MOH in mid Jul 2021.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ng-2219696

Only a PAP plp and retard will read this and not know that this dumbo OYK is lying and bullshitting..

OYK also say "On the other hand, the number of people who took the Sinovac vaccine in Singapore is low, at "less than two per cent" of the population, said Mr Ong. As a result, the ministry does not have meaningful data at this point to gauge its effectiveness against infection or severe illnesses."

2% of population, assuming 5 million, is 100,000!!!
Ho Cheng has 2,000 pple to put on trial, so can get meaningful data or not?

OYK also say "On the other hand, the number of people who took the Sinovac vaccine in Singapore is low, at "less than two per cent" of the population, said Mr Ong. As a result, the ministry does not have meaningful data at this point to gauge its effectiveness against infection or severe illnesses."

[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

The variants change everything for mRNA vaccine.
===
PRESS RELEASE
June 16, 2021

CureVac Provides Update on Phase 2b/3 Trial of First-Generation COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate, CVnCoV

The outcome confirms that only one single case was attributable to the original SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Most of the remaining cases were caused by other less characterised variants such as Lambda or C.37, first identified in Peru (21%) and B.1.621, first identified in Colombia (7%). In this context, the interim results suggest efficacy in younger participants but did not allow to conclude on efficacy in the age group above 60.

“While we were hoping for a stronger interim outcome, we recognize that demonstrating high efficacy in this unprecedented broad diversity of variants is challenging. 

As we are continuing toward the final analysis with a minimum of 80 additional cases, the overall vaccine efficacy may change,” said Dr. Franz-Werner Haas, Chief Executive Officer of CureVac. “In addition, the variant-rich environment underlines the importance of developing next-generation vaccines as new virus variants continue to emerge.”

https://www.curevac.com/en/2021/06/16/cu...te-cvncov/