Pfizer COVID-19 booster shot reduces severity of disease, study suggests

The US has a few options. Two of them are mRNA and Novavax. The latter is a previously preferred choice by the then Chief Scientist. It is like a slice of the inactivated virus. However, the process is taking a long time. The US is also aware of the mRNA failure. It is faster to develop and distribute.

(03-11-2021, 08:19 PM)debono Wrote:  You are right to comment thus, now need to take 3rd dose of vaccine, perhaps six months needs to take 4th dose of vaccine.  When is this going to end...seems like not end in sight......... crying

2 dose of the same spike protein and our young die after exercise within few days. 

3 dose of the same spike protein got CDC to once reject the 3rd dose. 

4 dose of same spike protein I dare not think what will happen. 

More does of different spike proteins to counter mutated virus maybe.... Who knows what will happen? 1 spike protein already so damaging, side effects, etc. 

I think just rake Inactivated Sinovac OK liao.... 96 to 100% protection against hospitalisation. Highest result. 

Reduce the burden to our front end medical staffs.

(03-11-2021, 08:40 PM)milo178 Wrote:  2 dose of the same spike protein and our young die after exercise within few days. 

3 dose of the same spike protein got CDC to once reject the 3rd dose. 

4 dose of same spike protein I dare not think what will happen. 

More does of different spike proteins to counter mutated virus maybe.... Who knows what will happen? 1 spike protein already so damaging, side effects, etc. 

I think just rake Inactivated Sinovac OK liao.... 96 to 100% protection against hospitalisation. Highest result. 

Reduce the burden to our front end medical staffs.

So you reckon all should be jabbed with Sinovac vaccine..? Big Grin

So later will report booster breakthroughs is common n recommend fourth shot?

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(03-11-2021, 08:29 PM)theold Wrote:  The US has a few options. Two of them are mRNA and Novavax. The latter is a previously preferred choice by the then Chief Scientist. It is like a slice of the inactivated virus. However, the process is taking a long time. The US is also aware of the mRNA failure. It is faster to develop and distribute.

They got vector J&J as well.
Novavax adhere grown spike proteins to a protein body.

All vaccine will have more or less affected by variant 
as inactivated vaccine is using whole piece, it yield more consistent results.
Others fluctuate wider range.

So far manufacturers look more on high efficacy so as to get authority approval, than making it safer.

I am wondering why our own govt so tee kee dowan to allow sinovac as booster shot for those who jab Pfizer 2 doses?

They already saw their mistake and reversed sinovac to be part of the national programme. So why not the booster shot too???

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(04-11-2021, 06:20 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I am wondering why our own govt so tee kee dowan to allow sinovac as booster shot for those who jab Pfizer 2 doses?

They already saw their mistake and reversed sinovac to be part of the national programme.  So why not the booster shot too???

I believe the may have purchased many doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and therefore need to get rid of them quickly.... crying

(04-11-2021, 07:14 AM)debono Wrote:  I believe the may have purchased many doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and therefore need to get rid of them quickly.... crying

And yet they are praising themselves for a job well done….. chey….

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(04-11-2021, 07:22 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  And yet they are praising themselves for a job well done….. chey….

This is done so that they can justify their  million dollar paycheck.... Rotfl

(03-11-2021, 08:49 PM)debono Wrote:  So you reckon all should be jabbed with Sinovac vaccine..? Big Grin
I reckon all to be jabbed by the vaccine that works the best, not only to the original Covid virus, but also to the mutated virus. 

Less side effect is an added bonus. 

96 - 100% pretection against hospitalisation is a miracle.